**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Venom with Deep Wounds vs Corvus on Suicides

BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
I gotta say, Corvus got me through a lot including Cav title before the nerf but the more I play Venom with Deep Wounds the more convinced I am that he has the superior kit even compared to Corvus on suicides. Both solve different problems so ideally you are lucky and have both, but dahammmmm do defenders melt when Venom is rolling. Add in the ability to nullify/heal as a non mystic and how he rolls through buff heavy nodes without the reliance’s on boosts for End Game content it’s hard for me to rank Corvus over him.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Corvus simps don’t like hearing he’s the 5th best cosmic I guess
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Corvus sucks and is overrated. Well he is decent but I think once they fix this 1% bug he will go right where he belongs
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Corvus sucks and is overrated. Well he is decent but I think once they fix this 1% bug he will go right where he belongs

“Fix”
    BigBlueOx said:

Corvus simps don’t like hearing he’s the 5th best cosmic I guess

Yeah, sure.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Bug? That's a part of his abilities. Corvus is a top 5 cosmic
    The problem with Corvus is that he just tops out at a certain point. As healthpools grow his value goes down more and more. Where Venom’s value isn’t tied to a healthpool
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

The problem with Corvus is that he just tops out at a certain point. As healthpools grow his value goes down more and more. Where Venom’s value isn’t tied to a healthpool

Tell that to everyone who uses him in abyss.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I didn’t use either venom or corvus in act 6 or act 7 exploration, but use both of them in aq.

Both are good for their purposes.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Corvus total great champ, ignores armour, out standing with sucides, massive damage, literally immortal
    But personally I love using venom more than corvus

BigBlueOx said:

Tell that to everyone who uses him in abyss.
    Fair but Abyss isn’t normal content, it’s masochistic resource sucking content where you plan to die a lot. He’s not getting 1shots, and if you are using him your running boosts. Main reason he’s on those teams is because of the Abyss Collector where you are lucky to get more than 20hits a single life, and I will never argue against Corvus on that front.

Don’t get me wrong Corvus is better than Venom on certain content, I just think Venom is the better general purpose champ.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Yeah, not that he’s amazing in abyss or anything like that
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Venom was my first R5 5-star, and I never once regretted it. He's still a staple of my core questing team. My corvus is still at R4 and I pulled him before venom, if that tells you anything.