**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• MAYASMAYAS Posts: 12
    I thought this maintenance would fix this lagging which we all suffering of it since 2 months!!!!
    No one showing up with solution or explanation. So whats wrong with you. Or we should start boycott and post this issues in social media?!!!!!
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    I wondered if it could partially be my old tablet, bought a new one (4 days ago). Nope, its the game! Not as much lag but tons of dropped input, sometimes no input at all. My character at times does things with no input. Absolutely terrible game play and a travesty that a game i loved has been reduced to this...not a peep whatsoever from Kabug. Nice job guy.
  • In game name: Soliders of God
    Device: Brand new Galaxy s20
    Device operating system: Android 11 (the newest version)
    Cellular or wifi: Cellular
    Game version 29.2.1 (newest version)
    Game mode: it doesn't matter it happens all the time

Description of issues:

Everytime I try to play on mobile data I get long load times and sometimes the game will never load at all, if it does load and I try to play AW or AQ my champs lose half there health and the fight never even starts because I end up stuck at the load screen. In my opinion I think Kabam loves when this happens because it forces people to buy revives and potions to finish the fight. But yet they have offered no compensation
    or even a way to keep us from losing health on a fight that never started in the first place. I probably wouldn't feel this way if the issue had not been going for so long I mean this has been going for over a year and yet there is still no fix. I understand that this is no easy fix but over a year, really! I mean this should have been fixed along time ago but this is the world we live in, people are greedy and try to get as much money as they can and don't care who it hurts in the process.
  • @jdrum663 I thought it was my phone at first as well, I was using a galaxy s8+. So I went and bought the newest phone on the market and supposedly it is the best phone in existence right now the Samsung galaxy s20 with 5G capability. After spending a little over $1,000 dollars on the newest and supposedly best phone out it didn't fix anything I still have the same issues so I'm about ready to give up on kabam why not they obviously don't care..
  • flokangaflokanga Posts: 15
    In-Game Name: flo2706
    Device and Model: tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab A
    Device Operating System: Androïd 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi connexion only
    Game Version Installed: version 29.2.1 (last one)
    Game Mode: i can't even connect anymore to the game
    Description of the Issue: I have started to have some issues for 24h now. Basicly the issue started with the wifi sign which was appearing in the bottom right corner in the game. So everytime i turn off/turn on my wifi on my tablet to get the problem fixed, but it last for few seconds only and then again and again.... My wifi connection works completly fine, no issues for that. And since today i can't even connect anymore to the game. So i uninstalled the game from my device, and reinstalled it. And nothing happened, still the same issue. when i start the game the wifi sign appears after few seconds on the 1rst page when you open the open. Is anyone would be able to give me some infos about what is going on please??
    flokanga said:

In-Game Name: flo2706
    Device and Model: tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab A
    Device Operating System: Androïd 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi connexion only
    Game Version Installed: version 29.2.1 (last one)
    Game Mode: i can't even connect anymore to the game
    Description of the Issue: I have started to have some issues for 24h now. Basicly the issue started with the wifi sign which was appearing in the bottom right corner in the game. So everytime i turn off/turn on my wifi on my tablet to get the problem fixed, but it last for few seconds only and then again and again.... My wifi connection works completly fine, no issues for that. And since today i can't even connect anymore to the game. So i uninstalled the game from my device, and reinstalled it. And nothing happened, still the same issue. when i start the game the wifi sign appears after few seconds on the 1rst page when you open the open. Is anyone would be able to give me some infos about what is going on please??

• eljayone2019eljayone2019 Posts: 21

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
    Device and Model: (Example, Galaxy S6)
    Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Google Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number.
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

For the life of me i cant understand why i cannot play map 5 during alliance war and alliance quest. Everytime i try the game freezes during the loading right after i click the fight button. Here and there it loads a fight but 9 out of 10 times the fight never loads. I spend too much money on this game to not be able to compete in the higher levels of the game. It makes me sick. Also when i play labyrinth of legends i never have been able to get the fight to load. Not 1 time. It always freezes and i have to restart the game. Fix this issue please its been going on for months now. Like damn kabam.
  • eljayone2019eljayone2019 Posts: 21

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Google Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number.
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

For the life of me i cant understand why i cannot play map 5 during alliance war and alliance quest. Everytime i try the game freezes during the loading right after i click the fight button. Here and there it loads a fight but 9 out of 10 times the fight never loads. I spend too much money on this game to not be able to compete in the higher levels of the game. It makes me sick. Also when i play labyrinth of legends i never have been able to get the fight to load. Not 1 time. It always freezes and i have to restart the game. Fix this issue please like damn kabam. I run android ten and i have the latest version of the game installed.

i
    is anyone gonna answer???????????
  • Paddyb1604Paddyb1604 Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: Paddy F2P and paddy1604
    Device and Model: galaxy s21 ultra
    Device Operating System: android 11, one UI 3.1
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: latest
    Game Mode: all
    Description of the Issue: upgraded to the new s21 ultra today but since then my champions will randomly try and throw a heavy attack halfway through a combo. It's seems to be completely random with no patterns. Can go 3 or 4 fights without it happening then could happen every fight for the next 5 fights. My old phone s10+ still works with no issues. It is making near impossible to do any harder content as throwing a heavy just allows the AI to attack you
    Is Kabam going to tell me what is going on in the game?! why i can't connect anymore, why there is so much issues i game?? even to connect it's a nightmare. My wifi is fine, my tablet is fine, my androïd is fine, WHAT IS GOING ON?!!!!!!!!!! A lot of people having the same issue!! So basicly you have time to create new contents for the game, new quests, new champs, but you can't fixed all these bugs before to ad more content??
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    flokanga said:

is anyone gonna answer???????????

flokanga said:

Answer? yes?? No?? maybe? maybe not?
    ???????????????????????????????????????
    ????????????????????????????????

No Forum Mod goes through this thread, ig. Its only for data collection purposes.

that is what happens when i wanna contact the support!!!!

that is what hppens when i wanna join Alliance quest

that is what happens when i wanna join Alliance quest as well

That is what happens when i wanna get back to the main menu

That is what happens when i press the crystal

you plan to do something or what???!!!
  • killa69dmxkilla69dmx Posts: 25
    I thought I was upset about all of the issues, I've sent reports etc and they haven't done a f-ing thing!
  • LosOLosO Posts: 5
    In-Game Name: Big C Lo
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
    Device Operating System: Android version 10
    Cellular or WiFi: cellular data. Sprint,t-mobile
    Game Version Installed: 30.0.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Since the beginning of November 2020 I'm unable to sign in or it takes five minutes to sign in. Once signed in, if I click on aq or war, arena or other quest, it'll take about three minutes to change from screen to another screen. I cannot go from screen to screen without it freezing in some way. This makes it impossible to play.
  • IcedbobcarIcedbobcar Posts: 13

Hi Summoners!

Android system
    Sony experia xz2 compact
    Game version 30
    Description of the Issue: In any fight, using any character from my roster, during in aq and arena combat the game will stick for about 2-3 seconds during the; dash attacks, dash backs, combos, and specials of both my champion and the A.I.
    I have re installer the game
    I have cleared cache.
    Its still the same
  • In game name ¿Eclipso?

Device/model samsung galaxy s8
    Operating system 9
    Cellular or wifi both
    Game version latest February update
    Game mode quest

I did a path in act 7 and didnt get my rewards for doing a path
    (I have screenshots and videos) only 45 out of 90 units.
    I then restarted my game and when I came back I had been kicked out of the quest when I was 1 energy away from completing it ( I had already killed the black widow deadly origin boss) honestly kabam I just want my units back for the path i did i know you have problems anywhere can I just have 100 units to cover the cost and time it has taken me because honestly it's just not good enough i have screenshots of you need them please contact me somehow.
  • And I also have a video of me doing the path as i recorded it for youtube please i just want my stuff back I'm pretty disheartened right now i hate complaining but i just cant deal with this when trying to do 7m1 exploration it is energy time and unit consuming I just want my stuff back.