**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How'd the Grandmaster treat you?

2»

Comments

• TwistedTalentzTwistedTalentz Posts: 224

Junais said:

It was great. But one of the worst things that happened was that i had a intercept mission, he's close to 2 bars and won't use his sp1, pinned me to the wall. Yikes.
    Also, i haven't used units. Only 20% revives. If i had enough health, i feel like i could have avoided a lot of revives. Some revival fights were like, go into fight, get hit bymistake and die. Some cases, because of the low health, can't eat the sp1 damage when i mess up. Happened in phase 3 tho haha. But it's my first try, no problem !

It's great that you haven't used any units. He's gradually pissing me off. Literally about to blow through 2200 units because I can't consistently get him into wounded. Clearly don't have the skill to play this guy
    Revive only one tanky champ. Don't revive all of them.
    I figure it's probably cheaper to revive the whole team since for 100 units i get the price of 5 champs instead of spending an extra 20 units every 3 revives. Idk I think I'm just so frustrated with it and ready for it to be over with. But i'll try that next. Haven't been getting any good damage in with anyone considering i can't even get him to wounded now
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    It sucked. I revived all of the times. But Thronebreaker was worth it.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,101 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    @TwistedTalentz

2 k units for my first and only. Got to him with only one revive on the lane and got him wounded and down through his first 10% with the team I arrived with.

Only wounded him twice more in the next 90% and over of them was with g2099. So yes, I chipped off 70k to 150k off him each try with corvus. Got there with 30 revives and 5 team revives and just could not get the fight down.

Not going to try again until I can face roll through the paths. Now on 7.1.5 with only I think 6 revives used on all 4 levels, with solos on 2 bosses.

The GM is just that hard for some to get used to and if like me, you are not great with the iron Man, Kang, cyclops etc sp1 which his is, then you will struggle.

If you are multiple revives in and units in, be prepared to "DIG DEEP".... But get him down, it's worth it to be on the other side as you can simply forget act 6 exists.

There is nothing in there that is critical.

(Edit, think it was 2,300 units!)
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    The inverted controls frakked me up a couple of times.....until I got Prof X.
    The path that lowers the max amount of tokens of blunder you can have (iirc it’s 3 on that path....not entirely sure though) was the most frustrating run at him. Think I restarted the entire path 4 or 5 times, still cost me a lot of units.

Overall though I found it to be a fun and challenging fight.
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★

I did it with the team of doom,warlock,hyperion,stealthy.
    I was trying to intercept in the first phase but the grandmaster became so passive that he destroyed my warlock and stealthy. Then I decided to play it slow and bait sp1 and gain competence. I was also getting clipped by the sp1s first ray. This happened to me for 3-4 times. Though I then learned the timing of dexing the sp1 and I didn't mess up afterwards.
    In the second phase it took less revives than the first phase and it was faster too. I completed the challenges and it was much smoother than the first phase.
    In the 3rd phase I tripped up whenever inverted controls came up. I decided to focus on only reviving doom and using him and he worked a charm and I also got used to the inverted controls with him. Sometimes in the wounded phase I was dashing back instead of attacking due to inverted controls. I ended it with a sp2 in the wounded phase.
    Then the last 1% I was ready to intercept like hell and I intercepted 1-2 times but then he understood what I was doing as he had also seen the videos on YouTube. So he hit me and then I decided to just back off and finish it in the uncool way of waiting out the infuriated phase and then popped sp3. I took a very embarrassing screenshot too.
    In the end it was a very hilarious boss which had no bad nodes and thus induced mistakes from the player's side.

Congrats! I feel as if I've had most of my success with Doom. He hits most of the challenges for me and when I get GM in the wounded phase he seems to do most damage aside from monke. In that last 1% all you've got to do is hit an SP3 right?
    Side note: love the youtube joke lol
    No need to congratulate me. This happened a while ago. I have to congratulate you when you complete it.
    In the last 1% you have to intercept and two hits and then back off and repeat.
    I am good with jokes.
    If you have him in the corner when that phase hits you can just dance and slow back up the entire time it’s risky tho cause 18 seconds is long as heck.

Or bring hela play best you can and use her cheat death for some lols (heimdal helps too)
  • LandsLands Posts: 40
    You all are making me feel better. Lol. Just beat him yesterday. About 800 units for me. Aegon was my man. Has a 600 combo. All the others were the just to die. Lol. GM was all over the place. As most of you said very passive below 30%. Wouldn’t throw a special. Ended up getting pinned in the corner more than I’d like. Cost me revives but I can see how he was somewhat fun. Just a different fight.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    So so so fun
    Menkent said:

It sucked. I revived all of the times. But Thronebreaker was worth it.

@Menkent I'm sure it is! I still need like 10k tech t5cc ugh. It completely sucked but managed to slay the GM.

@TwistedTalentz

2 k units for my first and only. Got to him with only one revive on the lane and got him wounded and down through his first 10% with the team I arrived with.

Only wounded him twice more in the next 90% and over of them was with g2099. So yes, I chipped off 70k to 150k off him each try with corvus. Got there with 30 revives and 5 team revives and just could not get the fight down.

Not going to try again until I can face roll through the paths. Now on 7.1.5 with only I think 6 revives used on all 4 levels, with solos on 2 bosses.

The GM is just that hard for some to get used to and if like me, you are not great with the iron Man, Kang, cyclops etc sp1 which his is, then you will struggle.

If you are multiple revives in and units in, be prepared to "DIG DEEP".... But get him down, it's worth it to be on the other side as you can simply forget act 6 exists.

There is nothing in there that is critical.

(Edit, think it was 2,300 units!)

@Moosetiptronic I feel your pain dude. I blew through so many unit lol. I have about 500 left so used somewhere around 1700. I won't be touching him for a long long time. But the best part about completing it? I pulled me a 5* Aegon!!

The inverted controls frakked me up a couple of times.....until I got Prof X.
    The path that lowers the max amount of tokens of blunder you can have (iirc it’s 3 on that path....not entirely sure though) was the most frustrating run at him. Think I restarted the entire path 4 or 5 times, still cost me a lot of units.

Overall though I found it to be a fun and challenging fight.

@Epistriatus inverted controls just wrecked me lol. That was by far the worst of the worst phase. My Hit Monkey managed to get him down to about 14% with luck and then a lot of failures between then and Doom getting him down to 11%. Failed some more and one time managed to get GM in wounded phase and nailed an SP3 which got him to the 4th phase lol. It was hell needless to say. No where near ready to explore it though

Lands said:

You all are making me feel better. Lol. Just beat him yesterday. About 800 units for me. Aegon was my man. Has a 600 combo. All the others were the just to die. Lol. GM was all over the place. As most of you said very passive below 30%. Wouldn’t throw a special. Ended up getting pinned in the corner more than I’d like. Cost me revives but I can see how he was somewhat fun. Just a different fight.

@Lands Cheers on getting him in about 800!! I'm sure that Aegon saved you big time lol. Now I just gotta figure out how to use him
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Congo mate for defeating gm.
    edited January 2021

Congo mate for defeating gm.

@Sarvanga1_ Thank you!! Much appreciated
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    I used Venom for the fight because I can easily do light intercepts with him. Due to that, the first phase was pretty good. I died a couple of times there because I kept losing count of dexes and lights and stuff and got a bunch of blunders. I also got clipped by the sp1 because I underestimated the speed of it. The second phase was pretty good as well since all the demands can be met by Venom. The RNG wasn't on my side a few times and I messed up the "apply damage effect" and "strike a critical hit" tasks. The sp1 cost me a couple of revives here again. The third phase was pretty easy except for the part where the controls reverse. I am ok with reverse controls but it's very difficult to pay attention to the exact time it switches from reverse to normal, the tasks, his power etc. The very last phase was easy because I can easily light intercept with Venom and also because I took the link that makes his enrage short. All in all, very fun fight
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    I don't count upon reaching him anytime soon lmao.

#GamersAgainstElsa
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★

@Menkent I'm sure it is! I still need like 10k tech t5cc ugh. It completely sucked but managed to slay the GM.

I was close enough to mutant that the 25% selector would form a t5cc and I had a free day so I dug deep, bought another $30 in units and revived my way through him. I found the reverse controls phase insanely frustrating.
  • RevHeresyRevHeresy Posts: 68
    I sucked bad the first phase. In all, I think I sank 1k units on that fight.