**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I'm Genuinely Curious

Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 457 ★★★
I'm making this post because I legitimately want to know what people value more in a champion.

Would you rather have a champion with great damage but bad utility, or a champion with great utility but bad damage?

I'm Genuinely Curious 184 votes

Damage
50%
winterthurSnizzbarTimone147MillybearFabiusBRTendersquadheruheru511allinashesNoodes_DragonMCOCWarBros23Rbk19Moot4LifeThefire13Manav_preet0808DankestChefLmaoThe_Blue_JaguarRaichu626Grootman1294 93 votes
Utility
49%
danielmathVceeCrimsonBadgerSIlverProfessorTerraSempaidavidnameplasAspenSamuel030sKamikaze_TurtleExHavokThatGuyYouSaw235MasterduxEB54SlashingSunsetLiss_Bliss_BrokenRasiloversimolazMcord117 91 votes

Comments

• solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    Damage
    Utility, no damage - IMIW
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    What would be a champ you would consider “all damage no utility”

If I had a champ that had zero description of how to play him. No special abilities at all. But hit 30,000-40,000 basic hits as a six star rank 1 I’d easily take that champ.

It really depends more on the individual.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Damage
    Terra said:

Damage can end fights quicker, sure.
    But champions need a balance of both.
    Damage, no Utility, you're looking at someone like Domino.
    Utility, No Damage, you're looking at.... maybe Iceman?
    I'd say a great example of both Damage and Utility is Stealthy.
    I'd personally prefer Utility over Damage.

Playing devils advocate here
    No utility but great damage you get cull obsidian
    No damage but decent utility you get maw or king groot
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Utility

Terra said:

Damage can end fights quicker, sure.
    But champions need a balance of both.
    Damage, no Utility, you're looking at someone like Domino.
    Utility, No Damage, you're looking at.... maybe Iceman?
    I'd say a great example of both Damage and Utility is Stealthy.
    I'd personally prefer Utility over Damage.

Playing devils advocate here
    No utility but great damage you get cull obsidian
    No damage but decent utility you get maw or king groot
    I have a 6* KG. His damage in 3+ fury phase is quite nice. His sp2 poison hits quite hard aswell. But yeah, you're right
  • MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    Utility

If I had a champ that had zero description of how to play him. No special abilities at all. But hit 30,000-40,000 basic hits as a six star rank 1 I’d easily take that champ.

Domino
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Star Lord is all damage and no utility. I still like him tbh but he could definitely use a buff.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    If we’re talking threshold, Quake is it for Utility, while CGR is it for practical damage
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    A balanced champ is always best but I would say utility would help me more and would clear more content but I would prefer damage for the fun factor and satisfaction.
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    Utility
    Many different factors comes into play. There r champs like CGR whose damage is so high that u wont need a utility to finish a fight. And there is also dormammu who have a lot of utility but still no one like him . And there is also voyant who have better damage but the same utility. So i think damage can work alone to finish a fight. In my opinion high damage itself is a utility. No one prefers a utility only champ but there r many champs everyone considers to be good just becuz of the damage. I actually thought abt it after voting utility. Now i want to go for damage.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Utility
    Although I like to play those champs with high damage, the game design makes utility champs shine most of the time.

One simple thing, your team is limited by 3 (AQ/AW) or 5 (SQs,EQ). Only duel or arena allows you to ignore utility.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Damage
    I prefer ending a fight in 30 seconds before any utility is needed, than take 5 minutes to do it properly.

Also, both. A champion with only one of the 2 is seriously disadvantaged in the current state of the game. Just damage is rarely enough anymore, and just utility was never enough to begin with
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Damage
    Raichu626 said:

I prefer ending a fight in 30 seconds before any utility is needed, than take 5 minutes to do it properly.

Also, both. A champion with only one of the 2 is seriously disadvantaged in the current state of the game. Just damage is rarely enough anymore, and just utility was never enough to begin with

Also, important to note: Quake is the utility goddess of the game. Whatever fight a champion can do, quake can likely do it as well. So if that champ takes longer than quake, barely anybody's gonna use them, because they could just quake it. All utility champions need to have at least as much DPS as Quake, or they're gonna be close to irrelevant

(This is obviously a generalization, there may be a few exceptions. But it's generally true)
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Utility

Star Lord is all damage and no utility. I still like him tbh but he could definitely use a buff.
    He still has SOME utility. Not none.
  • Light7Light7 Posts: 203
    Pure damage- longshot
    Damage+ utilities- bwcv
    Pure utility-falcon ( undupe)
    Who do you prefer?
    All are great every one have good users in different content
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Light7 said:

Pure damage- longshot
    Damage+ utilities- bwcv
    Pure utility-falcon ( undupe)