**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is Ghost Rider not immune to incinerate?

This guy is literally made of fire yet he takes damage from it. This makes no sense. This should be changed to better fit the character.

Comments

• HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Balance. How many situations out there do you get hit with incinerate anyway lol
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    why King Groot can inflict poison with his l2 coming out of his mouth yet he's not poison immune. Kabam logic
  • MarvinMarvin Posts: 17
    I've been wondering how that works too
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    KyrieRed wrote: »
    why King Groot can inflict poison with his l2 coming out of his mouth yet he's not poison immune. Kabam logic

Different poisons maybe genius? I mean, all poisonous creatures in our world just die if they bite themselves by accident don't they? Err, no they don't, because their poison is not harmful to them, but other poisons are

And to the OP

1 - search the forums, been answered many many many many times before
    2 - This is not the comics. Even Marvel change characters in the movies from the comics, this is a stand alone game where characters cant have every bloody good feature going for them that you want
    3 - Explain how BW kills Hulk for example in this game, duck vs Thor, Antman vs Dorm etc etc
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    The same was said of Dorm!
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    Balance. How many situations out there do you get hit with incinerate anyway lol

fighting mephisto. give it a few months he will be the main aw boss for many alliance when he is a 5 star rank 4 with 5/5 md
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    I mean, in the comics Iceman as just one example, would be able to kill 99% of all other champs in the game in seconds. But he cant, because this is a game, and in the game each character needs to be able to kill the other characters and not be too OP. Its hardly difficult to understand this
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    On a daily basis i ask my bro this question lol He is literally on fire it makes no sense at all
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    Another day...another <<CHAMP>> should be immune to <<DEBUF>> post...seriously, the search button...it's not just for show.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Because when he (and Dormammu) got released, the mechanic of incinerate was not in the game yet. They will have to revise them (which they might).
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Incinerate was in the game, but incinerate immunity not
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Same reason every champ can block bullets.
  • Every champ takes damage from incineration
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Every champ takes damage from incineration

Iceman
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    When Mephisto is AQ boss in season 5 you'll all be asking for GR to be immune
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    edited October 2017
    @Kabam Miike, to generalize this statement, whenever Kabam introduces a new debuff, a step must be taken to review existing champions and how they should interact with that debuff. So many champions were released when bleed and poison were the only damage over time debuffs in the game. Since then, you added shock, incinerate, coldsnap, degen, etc. This is a Marvel superhero game, and, as such, champion abilities is a very important factor. I can't imagine it being difficult to review a roster of 100 champions and mark those who should be immune / resistant to a new damage over time debuff..

Indeed, having a champion with a flaming skull take incinerate damage, character made of electricity take shock damage isn't very well thought out.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike, to generalize this statement, whenever Kabam introduces a new debuff, a step must be taken to review existing champions and how they should interact with that debuff. So many champions were released when bleed and poison were the only damage over time debuffs in the game. Since then, you added shock, incinerate, coldsnap, degen, etc. This is a Marvel superhero game, and, as such, champion abilities is a very important factor. I can't imagine it being difficult to review a roster of 100 champions and mark those who should be immune / resistant to a new damage over time debuff..

Indeed, having a champion with a flaming skull take incinerate damage, character made of electricity take shock damage isn't very well thought out.

I wish they'd do an annual revision of things like this and synergies to account for new additions. Nothing game changing that results in cries for RDTs, but some changes are definitely needed.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Every champ takes damage from incineration

Please don't post "facts" if you have no idea what you're talking about.
  • Crilla420Crilla420 Posts: 96
    edited October 2017
    Yes it’s all about balance. When only two champs can fight him with out taking any damage to incinerate. Not including him.

y0y15er8j34w.jpeg

• IncoInco Posts: 10
    Yup. The dude made of fire isn't immune to incinerate, but the dude made out of ice is.

That's Kabam logic.
  • Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    There was a another thread on this less than 2 days ago but oh well, I'll repost my answer here as well:

(Originally posted October 14)

Ghost Rider's 'fire' isn't just a conventional fire where you light a match or turn on a stove; it's a mystical type of fire called 'Hellfire' that 'burns' the victim according to their sins (the intensity of the 'burn' depends on the severity of the sins, that's why GR has an extra % to place a judgement on a villain opponent, because of their sinful ways).

This is why he's not immune to incinerate; it follows the comic book lore.

If you need further clarification then Google 'ghost rider hellfire' and your questions wil be answered there.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    Red Hulk should be not just be immune. He should get stronger by each incinerate.
  • SnizzJuiceSnizzJuice Posts: 10
    If that were the case, Rulk might be somehow useful after all...
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Incinerate was in the game, but incinerate immunity not

Sorry, that's what I meant.
  • Crilla420Crilla420 Posts: 96
    Titan_A97 wrote: »
    There was a another thread on this less than 2 days ago but oh well, I'll repost my answer here as well:

(Originally posted October 14)

Ghost Rider's 'fire' isn't just a conventional fire where you light a match or turn on a stove; it's a mystical type of fire called 'Hellfire' that 'burns' the victim according to their sins (the intensity of the 'burn' depends on the severity of the sins, that's why GR has an extra % to place a judgement on a villain opponent, because of their sinful ways).

This is why he's not immune to incinerate; it follows the comic book lore.

If you need further clarification then Google 'ghost rider hellfire' and your questions wil be answered there.

I honstely think you didn’t google it.

hk46gdoe7rpl.png

• How can skill champs without any powers withstand several punches from Captain Marvel, Hulk, and others with superhuman strength that would level buildings to the ground?
  • hes not immune to incinerate bc incinerate immunity wasnt a thing when he was released
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    mutamatt wrote: »
    hes not immune to incinerate bc incinerate immunity wasnt a thing when he was released

so? It wasn't a thing when Iceman came out either but they made it one.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Simply because not every champ can have every ability just "because".
    And it makes sense for him to take damage ... This is a fictional game after all
  • Claytons2112Claytons2112 Posts: 66
    If they're not gonna make ghost rider or dormamu immune to incinerate, why in the world is an awakened Vulture immune??