**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you think the game become too complicated for new comer?

ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
I was trying to introduce MCOC to my nephew, who is also a fans of Marvel comics. Basically I just said he can treat it as PvP game at the very beginning. When he look at my demo fights, he start to wonder those parry/dex stuffs (and then masteries setup), class advantages, champ's abilities (dupe, passive, DoT.....), immunities, energy/physical damage, Story Quest/EQ/AQ/AW/SpQuest/Side Quest/Arena/Incursion AND those NODES.......then he just play around for few hours and delete the game.

Yeah I get used to a lot of things after playing for over 5 years, I understand the mechanic of some hard contents even though I can't get through it easily. However, do you think the game become too complicated for new comer?

Do you think the game become too complicated for new comer? 86 votes

Yes
36%
winterthurWorld Eaterjdrum663LuciusVorenusBrokenCupidsimolazSaransh245Manav_preet0808rcm2017Xva23Cowboyschamploo1Luke9523KRANꓘHera1d_of_Ga1actusMetalJakeSarvanga1_Ksp_2099SneakyWarriorJohnyBoy 31 votes
No
55%
Mr_PlatypusMagicBentonXxicylovexXTerraSlashingSunsetFurious_Fighter1LmaoChampioncriticMegaGalacticVoltolosDjinQacobarya2250Mother_FlerkenSuperchampion_EdwxnEwell65SSS69ILLUSION8Thoye3LeoZed 48 votes
I'm not new comer thus I dunno what they think
8%
Raichu626Mobile_P0tat0IronGladiator22Erik_Killmonger1001BlackTuranSantiagoEhsaanLight7 7 votes

Comments

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    No
    Now newcomers are forced to get the parry mastery in the tutorial. You don’t need to know a champs kit to much at the start, just the basic mechanics.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    No
    If newcomers stick to what they are doing, they should be fine. Act 1 and act 2 is pretty basic and most champions that they are exposed to have basic hit and launch special mechanics. Additionally, now there are many guides for newcomers available everywhere. Learning this game in-detail is a learning curve that can only be done overtime and not at the first instant you download this game.
  • SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 244 ★★
    No
    It depends. How old is your nephew? I wouldn't be surprised if he's a young kid, who's lost interest in the game quickly since there is a build up with a game such as MCOC. But once you master the basic controls, Dex-ing/Parry-ing, there is a nice flow to your progression overall. That is, if you're patient enough to get there which might take someone a few days, to a few weeks or even months. Overall in terms of difficulty, the game's still got a good progression curve now and from when I started 3 1/2 years ago. You don't have any of the complicated node combinations until Act 5/6~ish anyway.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

It depends. How old is your nephew? I wouldn't be surprised if he's a young kid, who's lost interest in the game quickly since there is a build up with a game such as MCOC. But once you master the basic controls, Dex-ing/Parry-ing, there is a nice flow to your progression overall. That is, if you're patient enough to get there which might take someone a few days, to a few weeks or even months. Overall in terms of difficulty, the game's still got a good progression curve now and from when I started 3 1/2 years ago. You don't have any of the complicated node combinations until Act 5/6~ish anyway.

I’m doubtful if age affects, he is 29.

Seriously I’m not trying to challenge anything about Kabam. It’s a game and you just play it or leave it, but the experience I have when introducing the game to nephew make me rethink whether I’m overly get used to the game, and thus having blind spot.

Yes I agreed that Act 1/2/3/4 are here for beginners. As compared with the year that I played as a beginner, the game content is substantially expanded now and I’m not sure if story quest is still the “mainstream” now. The merit I see as a beginner now is that they can easily build 5*/6* team for tougher content, like Act 5 and above. ROL is no longer a tough call like what I faced before. Many players start to think about r5 5* at the level of 40s, whereas I can only use 4* in completing Act 5.

Anyway, just sharing of my thoughts only.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    No
    For a child, sure.
    But for teens and adults, not really, from what I remember stuff like linked boosts and nodes are introduced gradually, with dialogue in the first quest they appear in briefly explaining them.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    No
    Reference said:

I’m doubtful if age affects, he is 29.

Seriously I’m not trying to challenge anything about Kabam. It’s a game and you just play it or leave it, but the experience I have when introducing the game to nephew make me rethink whether I’m overly get used to the game, and thus having blind spot.

Yes I agreed that Act 1/2/3/4 are here for beginners. As compared with the year that I played as a beginner, the game content is substantially expanded now and I’m not sure if story quest is still the “mainstream” now. The merit I see as a beginner now is that they can easily build 5*/6* team for tougher content, like Act 5 and above. ROL is no longer a tough call like what I faced before. Many players start to think about r5 5* at the level of 40s, whereas I can only use 4* in completing Act 5.

Anyway, just sharing of my thoughts only.
    I think it also depends how you explained it to him, if you threw him in the deep end rather than just being like “here’s how you parry, here’s how you use dexterity (explain how to unlock them). Level up the character you think is coolest and go for it.” Then I’m sure it’d be far less overwhelming.