**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Terrax Buff Idea

CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
edited January 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Now, before I start this is the first time I’ve done one of these but I decided with the February buffs dropping in a few days I’d try doing one. Now, I know the buff is already done and there’s no changing it now, but this is what I personally think would greatly improve Terrax on offends without making him too much of a pain on defence, so here goes:
- Increase armour break duration in order to make stacking and refreshing them easier as often times it can be easy to lose them after an sp2 due to the length and the defender’s actions after the attack.
- Increase armour break potency in order to give him some extra oomph when he achieves his 10 stacks
- Possibly give him bonus offensive power rate for each power cosmic so he can more easily build to his specials, as well as allowing him to keep the rock field up longer as an attacker. This way his field length remains unchanged as a defender.
- Possibly increase base attack or damage from rock field or both, not completely sure how much of an impact this would have on defence though.
All in all these are my thoughts on what I’d like to see. Personally I think his kit isn’t missing much, he just needs his damage numbers bumped and I think this is an effective way to do so. I didn’t include any numbers or values because I wasn’t completely sure how he would scale with other champs and how to make the values balanced. I’d like to know what people think of this possible buff, and if there is anything different you’d change compared to what I said. All opinions welcome!
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    In before someone doesn’t read the first paragraph and says “it’s literally already done and coming out Wednesday this thread is pointless”

Changes seem interesting, OP. Idk enough about Terrax to know what it all means but seems to make him somewhat usable.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Make his heavy blind the enemy for 2 secs, with a new debuff named "Pocket Sand". All attacks miss for 2 secs

miss, like Ebony Maw.... are you the alt of willowisp!? Have I been so blind?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★

Terra said:

Make his heavy blind the enemy for 2 secs, with a new debuff named "Pocket Sand". All attacks miss for 2 secs

miss, like Ebony Maw.... are you the alt of willowisp!? Have I been so blind?
    🤫
    Nah, Wisp and I are separate entities
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★

Terra said:

Reads fine print:
    Ineffective against Daredevil
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    He must have watched the spiderman trilogy he'll put some dirt in your eye
  • LemoNotLemoNot Posts: 181
    To add to the Power Cosmic change, Terrax should lose no indestructible charges when parrying/blocking. Might be a annoying vs. a defensive defender, but otherwise isn't too drastic a change.

Also, the Rock field damage boost should just be a flat increase, not reliant on how long the Rock Field has been active. Works for his heavy because it's supposed to be a big payoff, but the Rock Field should just give Terrax his damage up front.
  • LemoNotLemoNot Posts: 181
    LemoNot said:

Also, the Rock field damage boost should just be a flat increase, not reliant on how long the Rock Field has been active. Works for his heavy because it's supposed to be a big payoff, but the Rock Field should just give Terrax his damage up front.

Oh wait I'm stupid the Rock Field already does that.