**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Would you consider Symbiote Supreme to be a top tier champ?

Legendary_PoeyLegendary_Poey Posts: 209
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Recently had discussions about Symbiote Supreme in my alliance. Interested to see what others think. I wouldn't consider him top tier because he doesn't have the same versatility as the best mystics (Doom, Claire, Sorcerer Supreme, Magik). I think he is great given the right conditions, but those conditions often aren't met in endgame content.

Would you consider Symbiote Supreme to be a top tier champ? 160 votes

Yes
83%
Haji_SaabSaiyanTendersquadzuffyGeshioallinashesXxicylovexXMonk116wegnerkThatGuyYouSaw235WarBros23HendrossHammerbro_64BrokenWarlord5386simolazMISHALJANIThefire13RaikisReference 133 votes
No
16%
phillgreenFoxhero007KennadoMoot4LifeTexas_11Scopeotoe987Luke9523TotalMonster109BabyMiikejschweriBonzodavidsacoma_sack78SlapdashGanesh10aRenaxqqErik_Killmonger1001Agent_X_zzzABLE_G19Rouger4Shenk 27 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Posts: 350 ★★★
    Yes
    On a buff heavy champ, he's probably the best.

But those you mentioned can do a lot on everyone.
  • Legendary_PoeyLegendary_Poey Posts: 209

The only "condition" he needs is opponents who aren't Bleed immune, his Staggers still feed his Genetic Potential. The key to applying the Staggers is to backdraft in Chtlon's Cunning (to trigger Dexterity) and Parry in Null's Shadow (to gain the 50% chance to Stagger.) He's not as good as the above-mentioned Champs, but better than most other Mystics.

Seems we have a different opinion on what "top tier" is. I think he is good just not on that next level that I consider the top tier.
    edited February 2021

The only "condition" he needs is opponents who aren't Bleed immune, his Staggers still feed his Genetic Potential. The key to applying the Staggers is to backdraft in Chtlon's Cunning (to trigger Dexterity) and Parry in Null's Shadow (to gain the 50% chance to Stagger.) He's not as good as the above-mentioned Champs, but better than most other Mystics.

Seems we have a different opinion on what "top tier" is. I think he is good just not on that next level that I consider the top tier.
    By your definition, Champs like Longshot, Dragon Man, Doctor Voodoo, etc. are all not top-tier, but I see them destroy content on a regular basis. They're all versatile and extremely potent, just in their own way.
    Yeah I wouldn't consider those champs top tier either, I still consider them rank up worthy and useful champs though. Top tier, in my opinion, is only the best of the best.
  • PapdichaatPapdichaat Posts: 86
    Yes
    Symb supreme is definitely top tier along with doom, Clair, sorcerer. It’s just that you hear more people talking about these champs and symb supreme kinda goes under the radar. He is still the best champ for a fight where the defender has buffs.

Doom is more likely to be taken into a team of 5 just because he is more versatile. He doesn’t need to nullify or stagger buffs to be good.

In conclusion, symb supreme is the best at what he/she/it does, therefore making symb top tier

By your definition, Champs like Longshot, Dragon Man, Doctor Voodoo, etc. are all not top-tier, but I see them destroy content on a regular basis. They're all versatile and extremely potent, just in their own way.
    Yeah I wouldn't consider those champs top tier either, I still consider them rank up worthy and useful champs though. Top tier, in my opinion, is only the best of the best.
    Well, if you've already made up your mind about it, why even make this poll? Symbiote Supreme IS the best of his class (and even the game) if the opponent has Buffs.
    Just wanted to see what other people thought. I enjoy reading other people's perspectives.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Yes
    @Primerprime5 don't see Longshot as top tier. He needs high buff situations but then he does nothing but nullify and do damage. SS controls those fights, he's got a lot of utility in those matchups.
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Yes
    "Those conditions often aren't met in endgame content"...are we playing different games?!
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    No
    He's too niche for me, I have him as a 5* but hes staying rank 1. Hes a top 5 mystic AT BEST.
  • NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★
    Yes
    DannyB01 said:

"Those conditions often aren't met in endgame content"...are we playing different games?!

Apparently abyss VTD isn't end game
  • SlapdashSlapdash Posts: 39
    No

DannyB01 said:

The conditions do exist, no one ever said they didn't. They just don't appear often enough to make him "top tier" imo. He's probably the best for that fight, but for how many more?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★
    Slapdash said:

DannyB01 said:

The conditions do exist, no one ever said they didn't. They just don't appear often enough to make him "top tier" imo. He's probably the best for that fight, but for how many more?
    He's viable for a ton of fights all throughout all the content in the game. Any fight that has buffs, he's good for. The defender doesn't need to bleed for him to do well either. Toss sp2's with 100 Genetic Potential and with MD you'll get it back. His SP2 hits pretty hard.

You can tank sp3s as well. None of those other mystics can do that.
    DannyB01 said:

I don't see him brought him in war at all. That's the main endgame spot I'm talking about. There are places to use him in act 6 and 7, but I'm sure you'll find more places to use other mystics. And that's the main reason I don't put him up there is his versatility is much less.
    edited February 2021

Slapdash said:

DannyB01 said:

He's viable for a ton of fights all throughout all the content in the game. Any fight that has buffs, he's good for. The defender doesn't need to bleed for him to do well either. Toss sp2's with 100 Genetic Potential and with MD you'll get it back. His SP2 hits pretty hard.

I think your slightly exaggerating on that. You wouldn't bring him to the footloose kinetic transference node in war for example. Also all three mystics I mentioned have much easier access to some form of power control so they don't have as much of a need to tank an l3.

DannyB01 said:

Abyss easy path is one of those places where he works very well. Would you r3 for this though. I think a good mark to see if a champ is "top tier" is would you r3 them without second guesses (not for thronebreaker).
    edited February 2021
    Etjama said:

Dude, you're wrong. Just give up already. Why make a poll if you're just going to do nothing but disagree with the majority? What was the point of this poll?

Clearly you didn't read, the poll was never about being right or wrong. It was merely to have a discussion and exchange of ideas. Rating a good champ is based on perspective and opinion.
  • SlapdashSlapdash Posts: 39
    No

Slapdash said:

DannyB01 said:

There are plenty of scenarios in act 6 and 7 where he's either not ideal (in comparison to other mystics or in general) or unusable, despite buffs present. His effective range is definitely narrower than all buff matchups.

Since top mystics tend to have power control, tanking l3s doesn't make him stand out that much, even though it can be useful.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Slapdash said:

Slapdash said:

DannyB01 said:

There are plenty of scenarios in act 6 and 7 where he's either not ideal (in comparison to other mystics or in general) or unusable, despite buffs present. His effective range is definitely narrower than all buff matchups.

Since top mystics tend to have power control, tanking l3s doesn't make him stand out that much, even though it can be useful.
    But that's all champions. Is Sym Supreme the best for every fight? No, he's not. Neither is Doom.

Sym Supreme does have power control.

I have a 5/65 Doom and Sorcerer Supreme in addition to a R5 and R3 Sym Supreme and I use my Sym Supreme more that the other 2 every time.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Yes

DannyB01 said:

Abyss easy path is one of those places where he works very well. Would you r3 for this though. I think a good mark to see if a champ is "top tier" is would you r3 them without second guesses (not for thronebreaker).
    I would. But the thing is you don't need to r3 him to solo fights, mine r5 5* worked just fine.
    Also if you base your opinion on war, does it mean your top tier would change by a snap when they introduce some season node making quake and ghost useless? Doesn't have to be smth like flow even, just true strike and permanent armour break on attacker. Just as strong condition as opponent having buffs or not being bleed immune.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yes

Don't see Longshot as top tier. He needs those high buff matchups and then he does nothing but nullify and damage. SS actually controls those fights like it's no one's business.