Summoners, due to a technical issue, this week's series of Alliance Quests will be cancelled at 4pm PT. There will not be any Rewards for this series. The next series of Alliance Quests will start on April 18 at 12pm PT. We will be assessing the impact on Alliances and compensating accordingly, as well as returning Alliance Tickets.

Champion Spotlight - Kingpin

About KINGPIN
Wilson Fisk, kingpin of crime in New York City, rules the underworld with ruthless efficiency. Gaining power through numerous illegal ventures and intimidation, Kingpin has gone toe -to-toe with the likes of Spider-Man and Daredevil and kept pace thanks to his incredible physical prowess and strength. Now the infamous crime lord has set his sights on The Contest and its rich supply of dangerous black ISO-8. For Fisk, The Contest is just another city to conquer.

KINGPIN’s Mechanics

Kingpin is the master of Debuffs, build them on yourself and convert them into a massive Overpower Fury. Using the unstoppable from his SP2 and Heavy attack, pressure your opponent into submission and gain massive bonuses. Weave in some Special 1 attacks and tanking a few hits during your Heavy Attack will result in much lower damage received!

Base Stats & Abilities
   Health  Attack  PI (Max Signature)
 3-Star  6851  481  1558
 4-Star  15052  1159  4904
 5-Star  34447  2414  10510
 6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)  38887  2994  13660

Character Class: Skill
Basic Abilities: Rage, Overpower, Degeneration, Unstoppable

STRENGTHS:
  • Debuff shrugging
  • Debuffs are no problem for Kingpin with his consistent Debuff shrugging and rage generation.

• Raw Damage:
  • Kingpin gains a ton of bonus attack from Overpower, and Rage. Use this to your advantage and melt your opponent!
WEAKNESSES:
  • Ability Accuracy Reduction:
  • Lowering Kingpin’s Ability Accuracy will cause his Debuff shrugging to fail and cripple his damage.

• Nullify:
  • Much of Kingpin’s power comes from both his Unstoppable Buff, and Overpower. Be careful to not get caught by nullify and keep those buffs up!

ABILITIES:
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion

Always Active
  • Base Regeneration Rate is set at 50% instead of the normal 100%.
  • Immune to all effects that modify Regeneration Rate, except Poison.
Rage
  • Kingpin can gain Rage, which is a Debuff with no inherent effect.
  • Kingpin gains a non-Rage Debuff: 60% chance to Purify it and gain 1 Rage. Cooldown: 0.5 seconds.
  • Kingpin takes damage: Gain 1 Rage. Cooldown: 20 seconds.
  • Enemy Evades or Auto-Blocks: Gain 1 Rage. Cooldown: 1.50 seconds.
Incoming Debuffs
  • Each Debuff on Kingpin only strengthens his resolve, increasing Attack Rating by 724.2 and Combat Power Rate by 5%.
Overpower - When Kingpin has 8+ Debuffs
  • Kingpin Purifies 8 Debuffs to grant a 100% chance to gain an Overpower Buff, lasting 15 seconds and providing +6035 Attack Rating as well as Unblockable Special Attacks.
Heavy Attacks
  • While charging a Heavy Attack, Kingpin gains +3150 Physical Resistance and gains an Unstoppable Buff for 0.8 seconds.
  • If Kingpin lands 3 Heavy Attacks within 4 seconds of each other he has a 100% chance to gain a Fury Buff granting +2051.9 Attack Rating for 14 seconds. While this Fury Buff is active, Kingpin cannot gain his Unstoppable Buff while charging his Heavy Attack.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
Special 1 - Dirty Deeds
  • A blast of black ISO-8 has a 100% chance to inflict a Degeneration Debuff, causing 3621 direct damage over 14 seconds.
  • While this Degeneration is active, the opponent suffers -50% Attack Rating and -65% Defensive Ability Accuracy.

Special 2 - Eliminate the Competition
  • 100% chance to gain an Unstoppable Buff lasting 7.5 seconds.
  • While this Unstoppable is active, each hit either Champion lands has a 50% chance to grant Kingpin 1 Rage. No Cooldown.

Special 3 - Self Made Man
  • Gain 4 Rage & Refresh all Overpower Buffs.
  • 100% chance to inflict a 3.5 second Stun Debuff.

Signature Ability - True Nature
  • Enhanced Rage
  • Fisk brings his ill intent upon The Contest, entering the fight with 2 - 4 Rages active (rounded down).
  • When Kingpin’s Overpower Buff ends, he has a chance to gain up to 5 Rages, with each having a 50 - 90% chance to activate.

SYNERGY BONUSES
Bane of Hell’s Kitchen - Unique - Daredevil, Daredevil (Hell’s Kitchen)
  • Kingpin: While Unstoppable, Kingpin gains +15% Attack Rating and cannot be Passively Evaded.
  • Daredevil: +60% Precision Buff Duration.
  • Devil of H.K.: When struck or blocking an attack, 50% chance to gain a 5 second, non-stacking Rage Debuff with no effect.

Competition - Unique - Joe Fixit, The Hood
  • Kingpin: +100% Rage Purify Ability Accuracy.
  • Joe Fixit: Hits gain +20% Attack Rating if the opponent has 1 or more Debuffs.
  • The Hood: +25% Invisibility duration.

Defender’s Destroyer - Unique - Iron Fist, Iron Fist (Immortal), Elektra, Luke Cage
  • Kingpin: Enter the fight with 2 Rage.
  • Iron Fist (Both): +25% Armor Break duration and Potency.
  • Elektra: +25% Bleed Ability Accuracy & duration.
  • Luke Cage: Up to +60% Attack Rating based on Physical Resistance.

Rivals - Mr. Sinister, M.O.D.O.K, Ultron, Loki
  • All Champions: +115 Critical Damage Rating.

RECOMMENDED MASTERIES
Willpower
  • Kingpin is going to be sitting on debuffs most of the fight, attach willpower and enjoy free healing all day.

Inequity:
  • Pair Kingpin's SP1 with inequity to push the opponent’s attack even further down!
Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,243 ★★★
    Buff his crit damage rating
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 1,931 ★★★★★
    That Luke Cage synergy is really good for him, but can we get some numbers on it?
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 862 ★★★
    ....aaaaand the degen from his SP1 stacks! Totally awesome!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 3,226 ★★★★★
    Nice this has finally come out.

Mostly a numbers buff; but the longer Fury effects are good, and the fact you can ramp yourself up offensively after an SP2 is a huge improvement.

Kind of a shame that Rage is a debuff instead of a Passive - Kingpin used to be great against Science champs like Void, Wasp and Luke Cage and now he'll suck against them.

It'll be interesting to see if the lower regen rate is as bad for him as for DDHK - hopefully he'll handle it better.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,024 ★★★
    edited February 1
    I dont like what u did to his healing he loses all his health if u run suicides just like deredevil sad part is I was thinking about r3 my 6.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,008 ★★★

I dont like what u did to his healing he loses all his health if u run suicides just like deredevil sad part is I was thinking about r3 my 6.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/248620/kingpin-regen-rate-bugged#latest
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 767 ★★★
    Great! Hes finally getting buffed!
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,024 ★★★
    It feels more like a nerf o well
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,301 ★★★★

How is it a nerf. You want to play president buff kingpin who took the whole fight to get over power or buffed kingpin that takes less than 15 seconds?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 1,161 ★★★★
    edited February 1
    His earlier ability was, when he is in overpower mode, you cannot gain any rage. Is it changed now? Can he shrug off debuffs and gain rage when he is in overpower mode now? The spotlight does not mention anything about this.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    Pulyaman said:

His earlier ability was, when he is in overpower mode, you cannot gain any rage. It it changed now? Can he gain shrug off debuffs and gain rage when he is in overpower mode now? The spotlight does not mention anything about this.

Yes he can even get 2 overpower buffs now
  • iamJonesyiamJonesy Posts: 2
    edited February 1
    @Kabam Miike what is his stige at 6* R3 sig 20 etc etc
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,775 ★★★★★

you've got to be joking
  • IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    Kingpin feels amazing to play now. People will need to keep in mind that the Mister Sinister Synergy really helps. But this could also mean that Sinister could be a staple for Horseman synergy teams now. This man hits sooooo hard and he's basically unkillable with his physical resist and regen. I love that you can stack the black iso debuffs too for extra utility.
  • arya2250arya2250 Posts: 22
    I want to ask, does the 65% AAR also stack with the sp1 degen? That would be really an awesome piece of utility.
    IceBro said:

Kingpin feels amazing to play now. People will need to keep in mind that the Mister Sinister Synergy really helps. But this could also mean that Sinister could be a staple for Horseman synergy teams now. This man hits sooooo hard and he's basically unkillable with his physical resist and regen. I love that you can stack the black iso debuffs too for extra utility.

Watch yourself, though. He has negative energy resistance...
    A couple of things I've noticed, for those people who are going to fight Kingpin on defense (i.e. everyone). He was always a slightly tricky defender, with the shrug-off ability. Kabam have made two other subtle changes; one of which will make him a better defender:
    The debuff on his SP1 now lands with his second rather than his final hit. So the AAR is in effect for that last hit, which is useful against opponents like Electro.
    His Unstoppable used to only trigger if his Energy beam struck the opponent. It now triggers even if blocked or dodged. So as a defender, he's going to get that (very long) Unstoppable much more frequently. And Slow debuffs seen unlikely to be helpful...

It's a bit odd that these changes have made KP substantially more vulnerable to Mystic opponents (Stagger/Nullify) and Science opponents (like Luke Cage, who's going to destroy him, Class Disdvantage or no Class Disadvantage). But he's definitely better (and was underrated before); and ramps up much faster and better than before.

Nice job, guys.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 1,295 ★★★★

A couple of things I've noticed, for those people who are going to fight Kingpin on defense (i.e. everyone). He was always a slightly tricky defender, with the shrug-off ability. Kabam have made two other subtle changes; one of which will make him a better defender:
    The debuff on his SP1 now lands with his second rather than his final hit. So the AAR is in effect for that last hit, which is useful against opponents like Electro.
    His Unstoppable used to only trigger if his Energy beam struck the opponent. It now triggers even if blocked or dodged. So as a defender, he's going to get that (very long) Unstoppable much more frequently. And Slow debuffs seen unlikely to be helpful...

It's a bit odd that these changes have made KP substantially more vulnerable to Mystic opponents (Stagger/Nullify) and Science opponents (like Luke Cage, who's going to destroy him, Class Disdvantage or no Class Disadvantage). But he's definitely better (and was underrated before); and ramps up much faster and better than before.

Nice job, guys.

But won't he convert the exhaustion debuffs into rage against LC?
    edited February 2

Nice job, guys.

But won't he convert the exhaustion debuffs into rage against LC?
    That doesn't matter, though. The Rage is a debuff now (it used to be a Passive), and Luke gains +40% Attack per debuff on the opponent. Wasp has a similar mechanic: "Whenever Wasp shrinks down, her next 2 hits will be critical, with +622 Attack Rating for each Debuff active on the opponent. "
  • edited February 2
    Pulyaman said:

His earlier ability was, when he is in overpower mode, you cannot gain any rage. Is it changed now? Can he shrug off debuffs and gain rage when he is in overpower mode now? The spotlight does not mention anything about this.

Just to confirm, he can indeed gain Rage while Overpower if in effect.
  • GlazilGlazil Posts: 76

Pulyaman said:

Just to confirm, he can indeed gain Rage while Overpower if in effect.
    I personally commend you guys for this buff. Kingpin with the Sinister and Hood synergies is just a monster for clearing content. I also love that I can use my Hood and Sinister a lot more by bringing him, two underrated champions that I'd like to see tweaked Damage-wise one day but for now can put in solid work.
  • GlazilGlazil Posts: 76
    Here is a video too giving just a taste of what he is good at in endgame scenarios and why I think he may be overall better than Falcon.

• Ben0925Ben0925 Posts: 30
    @Kabam Zibiit just a question after reviewing some of the Kingpin prestige information. According to this post as a 6*/r3 he would max out at 13660, but on auntmai it is only 13504. I understand that auntmai isn’t the official resource but normally go there for information and wasn’t sure which is accurate.