**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

yellow jacket is successful buff! loving him

Comments

• KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★

Kalantak said:
    Is your yj max sig?
    no he is sig 140. but i m guessing its kind of soft spot,sp3 sting kept on refrshing mostly

Hes got some decent utility buut. A maxed 5* on suicides taking over 3 minutes on rol ws is extremely poor dmg. Not even class disadvantage is a good excuse there

he's more of utility guy,my r3 6* torch takes about 100 hits or hits on WS but that doesnt mean he's bad, he has other utility, can take almost all shock,incinerate nodes,with will power,has easy access to Slow debuff, passive regen reduction which only magneto has on metal opponent, and power stings do decent damage with nuclear core at max. 50k power stings n that gets repeated from sp3 which isnt bad. i think. he surely isnt your ideal Too damage dealer who take wS in 50-60 Hits

• Preshp31Preshp31 Posts: 3
    edited February 2021
    i mean the main problem with him before the buff was that his damage was bad and it still is the case. I feel like if they buffed the damage as well people would actually feel like using him because you have there champs like spider Gwen that pretty much does what yellow jacket and I'm not even talking about the beyond god tiers that outclass him in almost everything you may say that yellow jacket has energy resistance but who even really cares, in endgame content where the opponent does so much energy damage that it matters his poor damage output would make the fight longer therefore making you take more damage than using a good damage champ. you also may say he has heal reverse but realistically who is gonna rank him up just because of that with champions like void, human torch or even massacre with the masteries. he also has slow but there are other champions with slow and tonnes of utility like stealthy, she hulk and spider Gwen. lastly you also may say that he is the only champ that has all these thing and i respond by saying spider Gwen, pretty much better champ in every way apart from the heal reversal, but then again whose gonna not bring a void or human torch to a fight where healing is that potent.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Ksp_2099 said:

Yeah, he is great. Loving his kit. Utility machine.
    With r1 6* I am doing around 25k+ damage with power sting.
    You just need to stack 6 power sting and time it during nuclear meltdown phase and boom.

I thought Meltdown would make Power Sting hit even harder, but hadn’t tested it yet! Thanks for doing so and reporting back!
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    Can someone highlight for me which maps and/or bosses we think his new kit would be beneficial for in Act 7.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

I've been saying since the start of the update that he's actually a great champ. Copy paste from another thread:

Sure, you need to get up to the Sp3 for the big power sting, but then it stays active for the rest of the fight at max sig. From there on out, it's just going to be Sp1 spam and you're getting some really big damage on every special the opponent throws. He's obviously not a pure damage dealer but the damage is great!

As for the utility, he has tons. One of the best regen rate modifications in the game, one of the highest energy resistances, a long slow on his heavy and yes, the petrify and power stings. Ignoring healing, unstoppable, evade, and power gain along with having insanely high energy resistance and power stings is some really great utility.

The trouble is are you gonna put sigs into YJ over void, cap Iw, red guardian etc who are all arguably better champs. And if you don’t have them then you’ll likely save the sigs for them, and if you do have them then you’ve got better options than yj.

I don’t think the buff is a failure, it’s made him relevant, but I think they missed the mark making his damage sig 200 reliant. His sig should be power sting damage scaling
    Long Videos is going to b live tonight showing his most utilities! and yes he does work well on those fights
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    this doode is kinda like the science killmonger
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 407 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    “The trouble is are you gonna put sigs into YJ over void, cap Iw, red guardian etc who are all arguably better champs. And if you don’t have them then you’ll likely save the sigs for them, and if you do have them then you’ve got better options than yj.

I don’t think the buff is a failure, it’s made him relevant, but I think they missed the mark making his damage sig 200 reliant. His sig should be power sting damage scaling“

Lots of champs are reliant on sig 200 to even be useful.

I’ve never been a fan of Void so I would not put more sigs into him cause I’ll never use him. His debuffs are are not reliable when you need them. I hate relying on RGN in fights. Voids damage is also not very good at all unless at 200 sigs.

CAIW is better I agree but again he his also sig 200 reliant to utilize his utility. Though his damage is far better.

YJ’s guaranteed heal reversal is dope! Having a permanent power sting at sig 200 is going to be clutch in fights where champs love to throw specials. It will be fun watching champs like Mephisto, both Ultrons, IMIW, Rulks etc who constantly throw sp1’s utterly kill themselves with that permanent power sting.
    edited February 2021

“The trouble is are you gonna put sigs into YJ over void, cap Iw, red guardian etc who are all arguably better champs. And if you don’t have them then you’ll likely save the sigs for them, and if you do have them then you’ve got better options than yj.

I don’t think the buff is a failure, it’s made him relevant, but I think they missed the mark making his damage sig 200 reliant. His sig should be power sting damage scaling

I’ve never been a fan of Void so I would not put more sigs into him cause I’ll never use him. His debuffs are are not reliable when you need them. I hate relying on RGN in fights. Voids damage is also not very good at all unless at 200 sigs.

CAIW is better I agree but again he his also sig 200 reliant to utilize his utility. Though his damage is far better.

YJ’s guaranteed heal reversal is dope! Having a permanent power sting at sig 200 is going to be clutch in fights where champs love to throw specials. It will be fun watching champs like Mephisto, both Ultrons, IMIW, Rulks etc who constantly throw sp1’s utterly kill themselves with that permanent power sting.

You touched on a huge point here: Some people believe that if you don’t invest in “the right characters,” then your investment is a waste, while ignoring the fact that you have to actually enjoy playing these characters in the first place.

I think the buff to Yellowjacket makes his damage good enough to play in today’s game — not the best, but adequate.

The utility is also sufficient for today’s game — not the best, but adequate.

So the question then becomes if a person actually likes playing the kit and views what the kit does as worthy of investment.

I have ranked up some of the best characters in the game. But I also have Sig 200, 5/65 Nova and Sentry, and I use them both.

Because I like playing with them, and it’s a game.

Resources are always tight, and people have to make these decisions for themselves. But to me, a Sig 200 Yellowjacket, if you like the kit, isn’t a problem if a person decides they like the character and wants to use the kit as they see fit

This game would be horrible if everyone ranked up the same few characters, over and over and over
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

You touched on a huge point here: Some people believe that if you don’t invest in “the right characters,” then your investment is a waste, while ignoring the fact that you have to actually enjoy playing these characters in the first place.

I think the buff to Yellowjacket makes his damage good enough to play in today’s game — not the best, but adequate.

So the question then becomes if a person actually likes playing the kit and views what the kit does as worthy of investment.

I have ranked up some of the best characters in the game. But I also have Sig 200, 5/65 Nova and Sentry, and I use them both.

Resources are always tight, and people have to make these decisions for themselves. But to me, a Sig 200 Yellowjacket, if you like the kit, isn’t a problem if a person decides they like the character and wants to use the kit as they see fit

This game would be horrible if everyone ranked up the same few characters, over and over and over

5/65 Sentry? +100 Respect. I would do that too if my roster were a little more developed.

5/65 Sentry? +100 Respect. I would do that too if my roster were a little more developed.

As I always say: Can I use it everywhere? No. But I do use it and have fun with it

I totally understand that for some players, the ability to clear every single lane of every single piece of content is important, AW/AQ at the highest levels. I always give those players their respect

But I play this game for a mix of completion, collection and fun

@The_Sentry06 : I responded to your post! Is quoting broken? Doing weird things today

I dont understand the damage criticism. Does he hit like red skull or dormammu? No! He hits decently, more like Killmonger. Is that a bad thing considering what all bases he covers? No! This is a moderate overhaul that changes a trash champ into something so much better. He has a lot of good utility, not every buff needs to be a colossus or mags. He is USEFUL. A lot of folks here were jumping around saying how bad falcon was, now folks know how awesome he is. Give it a bit of time and YJ's value will be shown.

Totally agree

• JakearoundJakearound Posts: 407 ★★★
    Also people need to remember Colossus, The Magnetos, and DDHK were complete overhauls. YJ was buff!
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

@The_Sentry06 : I responded to your post! Is quoting broken? Doing weird things today

Ya it is broken and I totally agree that's how you should play the game.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited February 2021

Etjama said:

I've been saying since the start of the update that he's actually a great champ. Copy paste from another thread:

Sure, you need to get up to the Sp3 for the big power sting, but then it stays active for the rest of the fight at max sig. From there on out, it's just going to be Sp1 spam and you're getting some really big damage on every special the opponent throws. He's obviously not a pure damage dealer but the damage is great!

As for the utility, he has tons. One of the best regen rate modifications in the game, one of the highest energy resistances, a long slow on his heavy and yes, the petrify and power stings. Ignoring healing, unstoppable, evade, and power gain along with having insanely high energy resistance and power stings is some really great utility.

The trouble is are you gonna put sigs into YJ over void, cap Iw, red guardian etc who are all arguably better champs. And if you don’t have them then you’ll likely save the sigs for them, and if you do have them then you’ve got better options than yj.

The thing is that’s entirely on the individual, Blade is no longer fashionable but he goes from a really good champ to a great champ between sig1-200 but people hold their sig stones for Aegon. Likewise in the tech class, DH gains massively from sig200 but people are prioritising Ghost/Guardian. It doesn’t make the lesser champions bad, or failures, it’s just that the better champions are arguably too good for the more ‘balanced’ champions.

At the end of the day there has to be a point in having a champ at sig200, though I do agree that science has a particular saturation of champs that need high sig.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

I dont understand the damage criticism. Does he hit like red skull or dormammu? No! He hits decently, more like Killmonger. Is that a bad thing considering what all bases he covers? No! This is a moderate overhaul that changes a trash champ into something so much better. He has a lot of good utility, not every buff needs to be a colossus or mags. He is USEFUL. A lot of folks here were jumping around saying how bad falcon was, now folks know how awesome he is. Give it a bit of time and YJ's value will be shown.

I mean the criticism was mostly tackle on his basic hits's damage, so LOL, they don't even looking his power sting damage, even if they did they compare other champs did better than him, another LOL,
    His passive heal reserve and big energy resistant are super useful utility, some have to push to SPs to active heal reduction, but YJ has it on him all the time, the main problem is science have too many high sig champs need to be good, that mostly why ppl deny his true potencial
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

ESF said:

I totally agree with you, @ESF and @pseudosane.

Haven't played around with Yellowjacket yet; but I've been playing around with my 5* Kingpin for years because he was fun to play with; and was situationally useful. I even dropped a Skill AG into him a year and a half back, which most people would have thought was nuts at the time.

Took him to R5 today...

Oh, and yes: quoting is broken!