**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

They Killed YellowJacket

HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
His PowerSting Debuffs are no longer Passive. How is that a Buff. They Nerfed him so hard

Comments

• Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    I liked his new kit.
    And yeah less damage is noticeable but his utility make up for it.
    He is 70% more better than before buff.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Etjama said:

"They nerfed him so hard" he says.

Not to mention the crazy utility they gave this man, this is a great buff!

Only 50k? Man YJ is so weak, Kabam should buff him or something.
    And it can go higher with more nuclear charges. This is Kam's ss, not mine.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Good damage
    Losspik said:

I dunno that's my 6* duped YJ against Rol WS he's still pretty ass had the kingpin and mags synergy as well. I have 2 6* science 1-2 gems he ain't getting either. Just more wasted potential

What's his sig at and how were you playing him?
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Losspik said:

I dunno that's my 6* duped YJ against Rol WS he's still pretty ass had the kingpin and mags synergy as well. I have 2 6* science 1-2 gems he ain't getting either. Just more wasted potential

what rotations were you doing in the fight? like was it all SP1 or was it SP2s?
  • Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    Ksp_2099 said:

I liked his new kit.
    And yeah less damage is noticeable but his utility make up for it.
    He is 70% more better than before buff.

Sorry, he is awesome,
    As a rank1 unawakened 6* he si doing around 25k power sting damage and that's just too awesome
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

I see a lot of people disagreeing with the OP on this but I took him for a few whirls and he really is just about as useless as before. Let’s talk about his damage and utility.

Damage: I’m guessing Etjama got a 50K power sting from throwing a SP3 and an SP1 to get 4 total power stings, including a big one from the SP3. This aligns with him having a 60-hit combo I think. If I’m wrong, Etjama can correct me, but isn’t it concerning that a 5/65 YJ with suicides and class advantage has had to throw 60 hits so far and only took down 36% health from RoL Juggs? I dunno about y’all but a true damage dealer would have done way more damage much more quickly. Definitely not a damage champ in my books so what about utility.

Utility: In addition to his power stings, there are only two other pieces of utility here. Energy resistance and petrify. That’s it. Idk why he’s hyped as being a utility champ cuz all he can do now is take a lot less energy damage and, for 15 seconds only after every SP2, reduce and often reverse healing and power gain. Considering the petrify usually falls off between SP2s, I think there are much better options for both consistently reversing regen, like Mags, HT and Void, and for consistently reducing power gainers, like Void, Doc Oc or a good nullifier.

I’m not taking my 6* YJ into anything in the future based on this. He’s only slightly better, but for a champ whose buff was supposed to be an actual kit rework, he adds nothing to the game that someone (or multiple someones) can’t do better.

He wasn't supposed to do anything better than others. Not specifically. He was supposed to be better than he was.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

I see a lot of people disagreeing with the OP on this but I took him for a few whirls and he really is just about as useless as before. Let’s talk about his damage and utility.

Damage: I’m guessing Etjama got a 50K power sting from throwing a SP3 and an SP1 to get 4 total power stings, including a big one from the SP3. This aligns with him having a 60-hit combo I think. If I’m wrong, Etjama can correct me, but isn’t it concerning that a 5/65 YJ with suicides and class advantage has had to throw 60 hits so far and only took down 36% health from RoL Juggs? I dunno about y’all but a true damage dealer would have done way more damage much more quickly. Definitely not a damage champ in my books so what about utility.

Utility: In addition to his power stings, there are only two other pieces of utility here. Energy resistance and petrify. That’s it. Idk why he’s hyped as being a utility champ cuz all he can do now is take a lot less energy damage and, for 15 seconds only after every SP2, reduce and often reverse healing and power gain. Considering the petrify usually falls off between SP2s, I think there are much better options for both consistently reversing regen, like Mags, HT and Void, and for consistently reducing power gainers, like Void, Doc Oc or a good nullifier.

I’m not taking my 6* YJ into anything in the future based on this. He’s only slightly better, but for a champ whose buff was supposed to be an actual kit rework, he adds nothing to the game that someone (or multiple someones) can’t do better.

my thinking is that YJ is a good buff. He's still not at the level of some of those champs you mentioned but he is much better than DDHK. That's all I wanted from these buffs and that's all I expect, for these champs to actually become usable in end game content
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    Etjama said:

That ss wasn't mine, it was Kam's, but that damage can go up even more with nuclear charges and sure, you need to get up to the Sp3 but then the power sting stays active for the rest of the fight at max sig. From there on out, it's just going to be Sp1 spam and you're getting that damage on every special they throw. He's obviously not a pure damage dealer but the damage is great!

As for the utility, he has tons. One of the best regen rate modifications in the game, one of the highest energy resistances, a really long slow on his heavy and yes, the Petrify and power stings. How is ignoring healing, unstoppable, evade, and power gain not a lot of utility?
    I forgot about the slow, since for some reason they made it a solo synergy only affecting himself (not sure how that differs from a base ability?) but it’s still not an amazing slow debuff. My real point is that there are a lot of champs that can do what he can do even better, while also dealing a LOT more damage.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Actually, then being debuffs is better. Can do diss track. And also interacts with despair, maybe his healing reversal more potent, even without the SP2 petrify
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    Etjama said:

That ss wasn't mine, it was Kam's, but that damage can go up even more with nuclear charges and sure, you need to get up to the Sp3 but then the power sting stays active for the rest of the fight at max sig. From there on out, it's just going to be Sp1 spam and you're getting that damage on every special they throw. He's obviously not a pure damage dealer but the damage is great!

As for the utility, he has tons. One of the best regen rate modifications in the game, one of the highest energy resistances, a really long slow on his heavy and yes, the Petrify and power stings. How is ignoring healing, unstoppable, evade, and power gain not a lot of utility?
    Also sorry for calling on you when all you did was share a screenshot and not do the fight in the screenshot. But that does make me curious - have you been playing with the new YJ? You just seem like a big supporter but idk if you’ve actually played with him. If you haven’t, and you eventually do, I’m positive it will change your mind.

Etjama said:

I forgot about the slow, since for some reason they made it a solo synergy only affecting himself (not sure how that differs from a base ability?) but it’s still not an amazing slow debuff. My real point is that there are a lot of champs that can do what he can do even better, while also dealing a LOT more damage.
    I have no idea why they didn't just put the slow in his base kit, but what are you talking about? It's a great slow debuff. It's only 2 seconds less than She-Hulk's. And he quite honestly deals with non-reversable healing better than almost any champ other than Warlock, but unlike Warlock, he actually can reverse healing too. Plus power stings, preventing power gain, and top 3 energy resistance in the game. Since he does need max sig for the damage, I'm fine with people saying it's not great, but he so obviously has lots of utility.

Etjama said:

Also sorry for calling on you when all you did was share a screenshot and not do the fight in the screenshot. But that does make me curious - have you been playing with the new YJ? You just seem like a big supporter but idk if you’ve actually played with him. If you haven’t, and you eventually do, I’m positive it will change your mind.
    I've been playing with him non-stop since the buff dropped. Only reason I'm not talking about my own experiences with damage is because my 6* is unawakened.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

I've been playing with him non-stop since the buff dropped. Only reason I'm not talking about my own experiences with damage is because my 6* is unawakened.
    Unawakened experience would be horrible. I have him awakened but not high sig and I can't see any magical nos.
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    Etjama said:

His slow is not "really long". Just saying
This discussion has been closed.