**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

They Killed YellowJacket

Comments

• ZurafaZurafa Posts: 52

Etjama said:

Zurafa said:

So tired of seeing people complain about Yellowjacket not having damage, his damage is average and it’s a good buff... probably all the same people who complained that apoc was going to be a dud and warlock was trash because their damage wasn’t as godly as other champs but guess what they have amazing utility and so does Yellowjacket, can do a lot of the things that warlock can do (far from everything) but has his own stuff like energy resistance and power stings to make up for that... honestly if the sp3 powersting was stackable we would be seeing abyss solos and easy ones at that... Stop complaining because A champ doesn’t fit your play style or isn’t what you want them to be not everybody needs a huge damage dealer to complete content and again his damage isn’t even bad

His damage is bad...my r2 proxima hits harder than that. Regularly 300k special 3s. On average teams. And you have a class advantage also. His damage is a joke.
    That's so dumb. Proxima's a great champion that's known for her damage on Sp3's. If we're comparing everyone's damage to Proxima's Sp3, there isn't a single good damage dealer in the game. What's the point of bringing that up? Yellowjacket's damage isn't a joke, it's actually really solid at max sig. Throw just 1 Sp3 and Sp1 spam, the opponent will take an average of 50k damage very time they throw a special. That's great.
    Come on my proxima is r2 not duped. That image is of a r3 with a class advantage. And he got a “buff” lol. Proxima no one is clamoring for not one post ever of finnaly proxima....

Ok though enter damage dealers I have at first glance.

Proxima
    Doom
    Nick
    Void
    Torch
    Sunspot
    Hyperion
    Quake
    Aegon
    Symbiot supreme
    Cap marvel movie
    Thing
    Corvus
    Omega
    Cmiw
    Omega red
    Colossus
    Stark
    Venom
    Havok
    Aa
    Vtd
    Domino
    Hulk buster
    Magneto
    Hit monkey

This is a list of just the 5*s I have that are better. At r5 or r4.there are others I don’t have and mine are five stars on this list

That image is of an r3 6*.

Be honest he’s fun to play but they dropped the ball and he’s bench warmer.

My r5 terrax is fun to play I’m gonna use him. He stinks. I’m honest with myself but I like him anyways.
    That image is of a r2 lmao but thx for assuming that damage must have come from a r3 I can understand and as was mentioned your comparing to proxima who’s whole thing is special damage or comparing to beyond god tier champions who no one is saying Yellowjacket is, but he is good/great and it’s a great buff for him... and yeah that fight had a node that helped his damage because I was using him in prime conditions also did a lot of other fight with him and he does good... rol winter soldier in 150 hits don’t know how some are saying 350 that’s ridiculous and wrong and I’ve used him to counter act 7 electros, iceman, and magik all of which can be tricky fights without a counter and he does really good again all of this as a r2 6* but don’t worry I’ll post more when I take him to r3
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    At this rate, we're gonna see the same case as Elsa suffer, #gameragainstYJ go brrr
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

SWORD78 said:

His PowerSting Debuffs are no longer Passive. How is that a Buff. They Nerfed him so hard

Oh no :cry: Kingpin rage is no longer passive. That means Void can do his damage against Kingpin. They Nerfed him so hard.

Before you just post random stuff, please play with the champ lol
    Isn't that. Legit concern? You'd think a debuff shrugging champ is good agaisnt void
    Oooooorrrrrr don't use him against Void.
    How is this even an reasonable answer. His main utility is shrug off debuffs. And he fails against the one champ where having a Debuff on you is not good. Of course people know not to use him against void with a Debuff. Question is why his rage was changed from passive effect to active debuff.
    It would have been too powerful without the possibility of being Nullified, seems to be the obvious bet.
    Sometimes, I wonder about you mate. Nothing would change in his kit if the rage was a passive and his regen rate was kept normal.
    Nothing would change? Disagree with that.
    Really? What would change. Will he become OP? or lose any utility or damage? I am curious. I don't want the regen rate changed btw. I agree it would be to good in almost all other matches.
    Look at his new kit and consider how it would be if it was Passive. You can't see how that would be too much?
    I honestly don't see it. Please explain it to me.
    I don't need to break it down. Read the Spotlight and consider all that with immunity to AAR.
    First of all like everybody else here I have no idea what you’re talking about, and I’m a smart person so maybe it’s a you problem and not a me problem just sayin, second of all talk about it elsewhere this is a YJ bash chat
    I'm pretty sure what I said was clear. I can't account for people not making use of the information provided. For that matter, everyone likes to consider themselves the foremost expert on what's too powerful and what isn't, but not many people stop to look at the greater picture, or the whole kit overall. If it didn't make that much difference to begin with, people wouldn't be arguing in favor of it.
    Secondly, the "YJ bash chat" isn't founded on anything but opinion, and it relates to YJ either way. Bottom line is, the Champs are better than they were before. Only people refuse to acknowledge that because they're set on their ideas about making them "better". This is why we can't have nice things.
    Nothing you said was clear. You keep making vague statements about him being op and asking everyone to read his spotlight when nothing in his spotlight mentions why they changed rage from passive to debuff. If you know something we dont, come out and say it.
    He obviously doesn't. Love seeing him talk his way into a corner and try his verbal diarrhea gymnastics to get out of it. Kabam giving champs "beneficial" DEBUFFs and reducing regen rate is just terrible, and AAR has nothing to do with it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

SWORD78 said:

His PowerSting Debuffs are no longer Passive. How is that a Buff. They Nerfed him so hard

Oh no :cry: Kingpin rage is no longer passive. That means Void can do his damage against Kingpin. They Nerfed him so hard.

Isn't that. Legit concern? You'd think a debuff shrugging champ is good agaisnt void
    How is this even an reasonable answer. His main utility is shrug off debuffs. And he fails against the one champ where having a Debuff on you is not good. Of course people know not to use him against void with a Debuff. Question is why his rage was changed from passive effect to active debuff.
    It would have been too powerful without the possibility of being Nullified, seems to be the obvious bet.
    Sometimes, I wonder about you mate. Nothing would change in his kit if the rage was a passive and his regen rate was kept normal.
    Really? What would change. Will he become OP? or lose any utility or damage? I am curious. I don't want the regen rate changed btw. I agree it would be to good in almost all other matches.
    Look at his new kit and consider how it would be if it was Passive. You can't see how that would be too much?
    I don't need to break it down. Read the Spotlight and consider all that with immunity to AAR.
    First of all like everybody else here I have no idea what you’re talking about, and I’m a smart person so maybe it’s a you problem and not a me problem just sayin, second of all talk about it elsewhere this is a YJ bash chat
    I'm pretty sure what I said was clear. I can't account for people not making use of the information provided. For that matter, everyone likes to consider themselves the foremost expert on what's too powerful and what isn't, but not many people stop to look at the greater picture, or the whole kit overall. If it didn't make that much difference to begin with, people wouldn't be arguing in favor of it.
    Secondly, the "YJ bash chat" isn't founded on anything but opinion, and it relates to YJ either way. Bottom line is, the Champs are better than they were before. Only people refuse to acknowledge that because they're set on their ideas about making them "better". This is why we can't have nice things.
    Nothing you said was clear. You keep making vague statements about him being op and asking everyone to read his spotlight when nothing in his spotlight mentions why they changed rage from passive to debuff. If you know something we dont, come out and say it.
    I wasn't vague at all. I asked if you could see why he COULD be OP if it was still Passive. It's really not that hard to see. For that matter, if it's inconsequential, why are you arguing that it should have remained Passive? I've already pointed out the interaction with AAR. All Champs have strengths and weaknesses. These changes are balanced for a reason. It's all fine and good to throw out ideas on what they should and shouldn't have, but there's a reason for every change made.
  • Something I don't get about his Slow Debuff...

She-Hulk: Science Class, Slow Debuff Off Heavy, Lasts 12 Seconds.

Spider-Gwen: Science Class, Slow Debuff Off Heavy, Lasts 15-18 Seconds.

Yellow Jacket: Science Class, Slow Debuff Off Heavy, Lasts 10 Seconds, Costs 10 Core Charge.

See what I'm getting at, was the 10 Core Charge Cost Really necessary for One Of the Shortest Slow Debuffs on not only other Heavy Science Champions but any Champion? (Also Red Guardian's another Science but his Slow is on his Sp1, also lasts 12 Seconds.)

Not saying he's bad or anything, don't be putting words in my mouth, but that Charge Cost just seems Really Unnecessary. Unless it's used to keep him on the Edge from Overheating, haven't had the chance to use him yet just studying the Abilities.

"Necessary" is not the right word, it would be more precise to say that the cost has a design purpose, in the sense that the shorter duration and the charge cost are there because She Hulk and Spider Gwen are intended to be strong counters to unstoppable with their slow effects, while Yellowjacket has slow as an extra ability over and above his primary design focus.

Both She Hulk and Spidergwen list their slows as a highlighted strength of the champion, and during the beta this was emphasized as a focus of the update. It was even emphasized in the beta survey. But Yellowjacket doesn't list slows as a primary strength of the redesign. It lists healing reversal and power sting damage as the primary intended strengths of the redesign. Slow is an extra ability that has a cost to use (in charges) and it has a slightly shorter duration. This distinguishes it from champions that focus more on slows, and it prevents Yellowjacket from superceding the champions explicitly designed to be good at slows on top of his other abilities.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

SWORD78 said:

I wasn't vague at all. I asked if you could see why he COULD be OP if it was still Passive. It's really not that hard to see. For that matter, if it's inconsequential, why are you arguing that it should have remained Passive? I've already pointed out the interaction with AAR. All Champs have strengths and weaknesses. These changes are balanced for a reason. It's all fine and good to throw out ideas on what they should and shouldn't have, but there's a reason for every change made.
    Each Debuff on Kingpin only strengthens his resolve, increasing Attack Rating by 724.2 and Combat Power Rate by 5%.

Thai is the one line that you seem to think is some holy grail. You really just want to annoy people don't you? You could have mentioned this the first time pulyaman asked and saved everyones time. Even then the argument is null because the can easily change it to ,

Each Debuff and Rage on Kingpin only strengthens his resolve, increasing Attack Rating by 724.2 and Combat Power Rate by 5%.

This is all they need to make him viable for nodes and champs that punish debuffs
    I think you gave him an out here. I am sure he did not know that because he backtracked pretty quickly on the reply. The text could easily read "Each rage stack" instead of "Each debuff" because you don't want to be suffering from a debuff at all in most situations.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

SWORD78 said:

Now you are just talking semantics when you run out of arguments. My argument was pretty clear on why it should be passive. It will make him a great option against void, which is almost the only defender you don't want a debuff on you and we can still retain the will power heal at 100%. See how I clearly explained my points instead of sending people on a treasure hunt?
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Something I don't get about his Slow Debuff...

She-Hulk: Science Class, Slow Debuff Off Heavy, Lasts 12 Seconds.

Spider-Gwen: Science Class, Slow Debuff Off Heavy, Lasts 15-18 Seconds.

Yellow Jacket: Science Class, Slow Debuff Off Heavy, Lasts 10 Seconds, Costs 10 Core Charge.

See what I'm getting at, was the 10 Core Charge Cost Really necessary for One Of the Shortest Slow Debuffs on not only other Heavy Science Champions but any Champion? (Also Red Guardian's another Science but his Slow is on his Sp1, also lasts 12 Seconds.)

Not saying he's bad or anything, don't be putting words in my mouth, but that Charge Cost just seems Really Unnecessary. Unless it's used to keep him on the Edge from Overheating, haven't had the chance to use him yet just studying the Abilities.

"Necessary" is not the right word, it would be more precise to say that the cost has a design purpose, in the sense that the shorter duration and the charge cost are there because She Hulk and Spider Gwen are intended to be strong counters to unstoppable with their slow effects, while Yellowjacket has slow as an extra ability over and above his primary design focus.

Both She Hulk and Spidergwen list their slows as a highlighted strength of the champion, and during the beta this was emphasized as a focus of the update. It was even emphasized in the beta survey. But Yellowjacket doesn't list slows as a primary strength of the redesign. It lists healing reversal and power sting damage as the primary intended strengths of the redesign. Slow is an extra ability that has a cost to use (in charges) and it has a slightly shorter duration. This distinguishes it from champions that focus more on slows, and it prevents Yellowjacket from superceding the champions explicitly designed to be good at slows on top of his other abilities.
    At the time of She-Hulk and Spider-Gwen's Rework that was the introduction of the Slow Debuff which is why it got so much attention, the Debuff on Void has the same Icon but it's a totally different Debuff call an Agility Debuff which reduces Evade and Dexterity Chance by 30%. (Had to mention that cause a lot of people mix those Debuffs together)
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I honestly think Yellowjacket has the potential to be a top tier science champ when at max sig. Phenomenal utility and solid damage. @Etjama has explained the depths of YJ's utility and damage at max sig and I'm honestly impressed. Yes, he needs max sig for damage, but his utility is all there unawakened and at low sig.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

I honestly think Yellowjacket has the potential to be a top tier science champ when at max sig. Phenomenal utility and solid damage. @Etjama has explained the depths of YJ's utility and damage at max sig and I'm honestly impressed. Yes, he needs max sig for damage, but his utility is all there unawakened and at low sig.

😢 thank you. I can honestly see him being around the Spider-Gwen, Rhulk, Wasp area.
    edited February 2021
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

SWORD78 said:

Now you are just talking semantics when you run out of arguments. My argument was pretty clear on why it should be passive. It will make him a great option against void, which is almost the only defender you don't want a debuff on you and we can still retain the will power heal at 100%. See how I clearly explained my points instead of sending people on a treasure hunt?
    This is just word soup and I'm not repeating myself. Twice I've said it. I'm not saying it again. You gave your own reason why YOU THINK it should be Passive. I gave the reason why I think it isn't. This isn't Build-A-Bear. I'm sorry if you don't agree with their balancing outcome, but we're not the ones designing them.
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    How can you kill something that had literally no use before
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

SWORD78 said:

This is just word soup and I'm not repeating myself. Twice I've said it. I'm not saying it again. You gave your own reason while YOU THINK it should be Passive. I gave the reason why I think it isn't. This isn't Build-A-Bear.
    You gave literally no reason to why it should be a debuff. You just told to check the spotlight
    BECAUSE HE CAN BE INFLUENCED BY AAR. Sweet Mary and Joseph. Do people read?
    jbmast said:

There's still something no one talks about and it's the fact that YJ increases potency of any debuff. There's a lot of nodes that can interact with that whether you're attacking or YJ is a defender.

Actually it says "Personal Debuffs" which usually implies only the Debuffs on the Champion's Base.

If it did work on All Debuffs that'd actually be Pretty OP, for example in Incursions he would Boost those already Very Potent Incinerate and Shock Debuff you get from those 2 Hacks.
    There's also the Mr Fantastic Pre Fight Debuffs that can be used anywhere, he would double those for Instant Regen and Power Gain Effect Reversal when put on top of his Base Reductions/Reduced Defensive Combat Power Rate/Increase Even More Potency of Damage Over Time Effects on the Enemy and Reduce More Potency of Damage Over Time Debuffs on you.

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

SWORD78 said:

This is just word soup and I'm not repeating myself. Twice I've said it. I'm not saying it again. You gave your own reason while YOU THINK it should be Passive. I gave the reason why I think it isn't. This isn't Build-A-Bear.
    You gave literally no reason to why it should be a debuff. You just told to check the spotlight
    BECAUSE HE CAN BE INFLUENCED BY AAR. Sweet Mary and Joseph. Do people read?
    Hmm, passives can also be influenced by AAR? What does AAR have to do with debuff? I mean if you have found a super secret ability that none of us can find, then kindly elaborate. It could also be stopped by AAR earlier because OR, blade and champs that could affect ability accuracy stopped him from gaining rage.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Zurafa said:

So tired of seeing people complain about Yellowjacket not having damage, his damage is average and it’s a good buff... probably all the same people who complained that apoc was going to be a dud and warlock was trash because their damage wasn’t as godly as other champs but guess what they have amazing utility and so does Yellowjacket, can do a lot of the things that warlock can do (far from everything) but has his own stuff like energy resistance and power stings to make up for that... honestly if the sp3 powersting was stackable we would be seeing abyss solos and easy ones at that... Stop complaining because A champ doesn’t fit your play style or isn’t what you want them to be not everybody needs a huge damage dealer to complete content and again his damage isn’t even bad

This is from the Act 7 lane that dumps you with passive furies whenever buffet fails to trigger? Not exactly a fair showcase of his base damage.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

SWORD78 said:

This is just word soup and I'm not repeating myself. Twice I've said it. I'm not saying it again. You gave your own reason why YOU THINK it should be Passive. I gave the reason why I think it isn't. This isn't Build-A-Bear. I'm sorry if you don't agree with their balancing outcome, but we're not the ones designing them.
    Any update to an champ should improve him. Changing it from passive to debuff did not actually improve him in anyway, that is why I am asking. How exactly is it balancing, when you make a champ worse in a matchup that he was reasonably good earlier?
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

SWORD78 said:

Any update to an champ should improve him. Changing it from passive to debuff did not actually improve him in anyway, that is why I am asking. How exactly is it balancing, when you make a champ worse in a matchup that he was reasonably good earlier?
    He's better than he was before the buff. That doesn't mean he's going to be the same or better with the same matchups. Things WILL change when you change the Abilities of a Champ.
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

SWORD78 said:

It's one fight/possible Node scenario where he's worse, you already mentioned you are aware of the Ability that gives him more Attack and Power for Each Debuff on himself which this is a improvement.
    You could have just left it at "Why didn't Grounded start with that" which was a very valid point...

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

SWORD78 said:

It's one fight/possible Node scenario where he's worse, you already mentioned you are aware of the Ability that gives him more Attack and Power for Each Debuff on himself which this is a improvement.
    You could have just left it at "Why didn't Grounded start with that" which was a very valid point...
    My bad, mixed up names, it wasn't you who said that.
This discussion has been closed.