**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Yellowjacket Debate...

SantiagoEhsaanSantiagoEhsaan Posts: 126
edited February 2021 in General Discussion
So over the past two days i have seen three types of views surrounding yellowjacket buff on forums..:-
1.People who are not going to rank him up but keep using CCP members' videos of max. sig. fully synergized yellowjackets on specific paths to prove that YJ has enough damage...
2.People who don't care and just say one wird when asked about YJ buff: "meh".
3.People who are serious about YJ, wanna rank him up but genuinely believe that the damage is not nearly enough.
4. Somewhat similar to the last group, but more of a fringe radical group that exaggerates YJ's problems by calling him useless,nerfed etc.(I'm somewhat of a fringe element myself)

Which group are u a part of...?

The Yellowjacket Debate... 88 votes

Group 1: Smart bois
11%
SnakeEyes69DeeparviDarkrider05Raichu626RockypantherxSpeedro420MasterpuffPuttPuttNuclearOrkWooptyfrickendoo 10 votes
Group 2: meh
46%
VceeXxicylovexXGigantor13SpicyslicerMasterduxMoot4LifeCupidSaransh245Battle_GreninjaGhostboytjieWRIRAleorRockyshockyRabangaDonrefreMetalJakeTotalMonster109Ctfz35AshKetchumThoye3 41 votes
Group 3: Genuine critics
32%
Batty_NumppoIndrick781Mhd20034T0ddTexas_11LmaoSachhyam257Troy_Elric123DannyB01Denzel116KILLMФИGЕЯŁŤÇ007md92Felix33MiStaLovaBlackshadow0203Dromar_13Sarvanga1_Thicco_ModeXdSpoodermanxD 29 votes
Group 4: all or nothing
9%
NanoDroidwar10ckededricTrubluMateFaseehYodabolt21SantiagoEhsaanKT_Empire 8 votes

Comments

• Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

What about people who think YJ had a good buff?

Yeah he is more like balanced champion.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

U think so based on CCP members gameplay or you ranked him up *yourself* and plan to *use him*(also no offence but pls show ur ranked up YJ if you have one)...?

Not neccesarily me but many people actually have enjoyed the buff and ranked him up post-buff. I don't have YJ yet though and I probably won't have him at max sig for a long time.
  • SantiagoEhsaanSantiagoEhsaan Posts: 126

Crcrcrc said:

U think so based on CCP members gameplay or you ranked him up *yourself* and plan to *use him*(also no offence but pls show ur ranked up YJ if you have one)...?

Not neccesarily me but many people actually have enjoyed the buff and ranked him up post-buff. I don't have YJ yet though and I probably won't have him at max sig for a long time.
    I believe those people who *have* ranked YJ can vote for themselves.
    "meh" doesnt say anything about the quality of buff it means u dont care enough to rank him up...i think thats your option lol.
    zeezee57 said:

I have him as an unduped 6* and just don't see it with him. I also have a deep well developed roster which doesn't seem to be the target audience for these buffs. He's better than before no doubt and for people lacking other options its a great buff, but for people who have other options hes right where he was before, on the bench.

You're what i would call a Genuine critic...
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

I have a 4* one. I would have ranked up a higher star one, but I don’t have one. So far the buff is very solid.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    He's Better than he was, he does nothing I don't already have.
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

I have a 4* one. I would have ranked up a higher star one, but I don’t have one. So far the buff is very solid.
    that's what i wanted to know whether u urself have played around with a ranked up higher rarity YJ or think so he is solid based on others' gameplay...
    So...ask urself are you a smart boi? :)

Crcrcrc said:

"meh" doesnt say anything about the quality of buff it means u dont care enough to rank him up...i think thats your option lol.
    I believe those people who *have* ranked YJ can have their own opinion and don't need to follow your condescending template. I mean, it's pretty clear that he doesn't have big yellow numbers but saying that his damage is trash is so wrong. You need him at max sig for his damage and he has good utility. For endgame players, it won't bother them too much how this buff turns since their rosters are stacked anyways. For mid-game players, he is gonna be useful with his utility.

Crcrcrc said:

I believe those people who *have* ranked YJ can have their own opinion and don't need to follow your condescending template. I mean, it's pretty clear that he doesn't have big yellow numbers but saying that his damage is trash is so wrong. You need him at max sig for his damage and he has good utility. For endgame players, it won't bother them too much how this buff turns since their rosters are stacked anyways. For mid-game players, he is gonna be useful with his utility.
    I apologise if i offended you in any way...but i meant to say that playing a champ urself is different from seeing gameplay...

Crcrcrc said:

I apologise if i offended you in any way...but i meant to say that playing a champ urself is different from seeing gameplay...
    I agree that playing a champ yourself is way different from seeing gameplay. I'm just giving my opinion based on what I have seen which is why I said above that I don't have YJ. Sorry if my above post was too harsh. Didn't mean to come off like that.

Crcrcrc said:

I agree that playing a champ yourself is way different from seeing gameplay. I'm just giving my opinion based on what I have seen which is why I said above that I don't have YJ. Sorry if my above post was too harsh. Didn't mean to come off like that.
    oh okay...I should have made another option then lol...didn't think about this sort of scenario...
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Group 1: Smart bois
    I didnt actually read all that text. I assumed Smart bois was goos buff.

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

that's what i wanted to know whether u urself have played around with a ranked up higher rarity YJ or think so he is solid based on others' gameplay...
    I’m sorry, I didn’t realize abilities were hidden behind higher rank. Oh wait, they’re not. So I could do all my testing with a 2* in act 2 and be able to create an opinion. Sure, I can’t test Act 6 special nodes with a 4*, but I can test him pretty much anywhere else.

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize abilities were hidden behind higher rank. Oh wait, they’re not. So I could do all my testing with a 2* in act 2 and be able to create an opinion. Sure, I can’t test Act 6 special nodes with a 4*, but I can test him pretty much anywhere else.

This is a valid point and he will be a great utility champ for lower level players...but his damage cycle is no good against 200k/300k champs in act 6 where u have to manage various abilities and nodes...his damage(dependent on Hig sig level and even suicide masteries) is just disappointing( personal opinion).
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Group 2: meh
    I leveled him before the buff was announced. I don't like em too much. But at least I got the level up solo event rewards so it was probably worth it?

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

This is a valid point and he will be a great utility champ for lower level players...but his damage cycle is no good against 200k/300k champs in act 6 where u have to manage various abilities and nodes...his damage(dependent on Hig sig level and even suicide masteries) is just disappointing( personal opinion).
    Yeah, that’s true, but I felt that this buff was meant to make Yellowjacket a helpful option for players with weaker rosters still getting through act 5
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Yeah, that’s true, but I felt that this buff was meant to make Yellowjacket a helpful option for players with weaker rosters still getting through act 5
    That's possible as nearly everyone has him in lower rarities(my own 1st maxed out 2 star was YJ as well)
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Mediocrity.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    This guy does not have damage. He plays as slow as a snail and the stings also have a chance to just become stuns and not give any damage if the AI doesn't throw special.
    This guy thrives on utility. He's got very good heal control, his energy resistance is just so good for so many energy damage based fights, he's got a slow which is not the best slow out there but it works ok.
    Now coming to the point of whether I would rank him up or not. I won't rank him up as playing him on max sig is the best way to play this guy. He suffers from the same demand of max sig which has deterred so many players from using champs like nightthrasher,darkhawk,mojo.
    And even on max sig he does not pack the same punch as other top tier Science champs.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    I don't plan on ranking him up as a 5 star, don't have him as a 6 star and have not watched any videos of his buffed gameplay. So, I can't really comment on how good his buff his.
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    I wanted to rank him up. I really did.
    He is a shrinking champion with technology base

If he has power sting why not "taunt" mechanism too?
    What? Opponent a.i. would just throw spacial for our sake?

Why not glance or evade?

Why not auto repair burning his power?

Why not power burn or incenerate from plasma beam Spacial?

At this stage of the game 2k to 4k basic attack is very expected. If not yellow numbers may be something like crossbones? Can't crit yet gets fury for Red damage numbers?
    Not to mention 6k to 15k Spacial atleast expected.

If you are talking about reverse Regeneration then - beardo, void, gulli, torch i would choose any of these 4 before him cause these champ can take on more than reverse Regeneration. So why waste a space on a 5 memebr quest team?

My request for those why only forcing the idea of this being a good buff
    - how many of you are new players?
    - will any of you take him to rank 5 and use sig 200 stones and awk gem?
    - if so then please post some video link of his usage on map 4 5 AQ & may be an AW video of him being an usable defender or if you are confident enough may be an AW attacker.

Let's keep a fact check, wait 1 year and see how many of you actually rank him up and use him to clear content. Alright? No chance of knowing that.

Let's see how many time he gets put into
    5 or 6 star feature list.
    Let's see his demeand.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    The other option: 5.

I like the buff, but
    a) would need to pull the five star
    b) get him awakened for the nice damage

It was a good buff all things considered
  • ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    Yellowjacket is a decent champ if you know how to use him in the jubilee arcade he was decent this is before the update so I was using my rank1 6* often enough.

He now has a better pi than my undupe thing so using him more I like him think the buffs are a good improvement n haven’t regressed the champ in anyway he blocks better n like me I only have 2x 6* so from being a champ I hardly used to now being the science champ I’ll play with more often unless I need to take a bleed immune then I’ll swap with thing

I don’t have a major champ selection n many are like me so having a decent champ is always better than having a champ that never gets used unless for the odd pvp battle

The other option: 5.

I like the buff, but
    a) would need to pull the five star
    b) get him awakened for the nice damage

It was a good buff all things considered

spidey i didnt want to comment in the meme thread...but can you give the link to where it is mentioned that sp3 sting doesn't stack...?