**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

my MCU tier list, the redux

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
So, about a month ago I made a tier list in the middle of my MCU rewatch, and sparked some interesting discussion. Here’s the original list:

Now that my rewatch is complete, I’ve made a new list, with a few changes. I’ll explain them after the list:

Let’s go over the first change:
Thor Ragnarok to A. This was... an obvious error on my part. The movie was fun and definitely deserves the A ranking.

Age of Ultron to A. This movie was a lot more fun than I remember. Was cool to see the Avengers as a whole, and Ultron was a lot better on a rewatch. This didn’t deserve the B tier.

Far From Home to B. This movie has too much Iron Man. Some of the jokes don’t land that well, and while Mysterio is super cool, he’s an Iron Man villain fighting Spider-Man. Hopefully the third film can be better than the other two.

Black Panther to B. This movie... is worse than before. Might have to do with Chadwick, but I just kind of falls flat. Another great villain in Killmonger gets killed off, and I could care less about most of the side characters.

Leave your thoughts below!
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    Edwxn said:

All the Spiderman movies are S-tier. No Question about it.

I can’t justify that, especially after watching Spider-Man 2
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    For sure move GOTG up. And i think thor 2 gets a bit more hate than it deserves.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    I agree with the Far From Home change. It really is just a Spiderman movie starring Ironlad. It had such a good idea behind it, but it always went back to Iron Man stuff.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Thank god you moved Ragnarok up
  • EdwxnEdwxn Posts: 211 ★★
    edited February 2021

Edwxn said:

All the Spiderman movies are S-tier. No Question about it.

I can’t justify that, especially after watching Spider-Man 2
    Fair Point. :'(
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I'm far from a movie critic and can barely remember the plots of the movies, and it might just be my amateur movie watcher speaking, but I really liked black panther. I don't know why but it was enjoyable in a way that the other movies aren't
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

I'm far from a movie critic and can barely remember the plots of the movies, and it might just be my amateur movie watcher speaking, but I really liked black panther. I don't know why but it was enjoyable in a way that the other movies aren't

Because it's different from a normal Marvel movie. I like to compare it to Captain Marvel, since they're both origin movies. Black Panther just flows so well. The camerawork, the soundtrack, the plot, the cast. It's probably the best-made MCU movie

In my opinion, it was one of the best because the plot was simple and the action scenes were great. The movie wasn’t put out in order to add Black Panther to the MCU like a lot of the newer movies, it was just made to tell a story. And it was a great story at that.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Solid. Move both Spider-Man movies down to D tier and Endgame up to S, I can 100% get behind it.
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Thor ragnarok deserves S-tier. Btw Mysterio is spider-man's villain
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★

BLACK PANTHER SHOULD BE S TIER! MASTERPIECE!

Yeah, Black Panther shouldn't be that low for so many reason. But again, this is one persons opinions.
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★

So, about a month ago I made a tier list in the middle of my MCU rewatch, and sparked some interesting discussion. Here’s the original list:

Now that my rewatch is complete, I’ve made a new list, with a few changes. I’ll explain them after the list:

Thor Ragnarok to A. This was... an obvious error on my part. The movie was fun and definitely deserves the A ranking.

Age of Ultron to A. This movie was a lot more fun than I remember. Was cool to see the Avengers as a whole, and Ultron was a lot better on a rewatch. This didn’t deserve the B tier.

Far From Home to B. This movie has too much Iron Man. Some of the jokes don’t land that well, and while Mysterio is super cool, he’s an Iron Man villain fighting Spider-Man. Hopefully the third film can be better than the other two.

Black Panther to B. This movie... is worse than before. Might have to do with Chadwick, but I just kind of falls flat. Another great villain in Killmonger gets killed off, and I could care less about most of the side characters.

Mysterio has always been a spiderman villain (and occasionally DD i think). He was in the sinister six from its conception. Personally i'd go one step further on Ragnorok, Its definitely S and I absolutely loved GotG and the way it introduced the team and comedic aspect to the MCU. It broke new ground therefore should be A!

BLACK PANTHER SHOULD BE S TIER! MASTERPIECE!

Yeah, Black Panther shouldn't be that low for so many reason. But again, this is one persons opinions.
    As a movie itself, it is great, but as a marvel movie, it just isn't as good as the others
    Dart1981 said:

Mysterio has always been a spiderman villain (and occasionally DD i think). He was in the sinister six from its conception. Personally i'd go one step further on Ragnorok, Its definitely S and I absolutely loved GotG and the way it introduced the team and comedic aspect to the MCU. It broke new ground therefore should be A!

You misunderstand. In the movie, he was more an Iron Man villain than a Spider-Man villain.
    edited February 2021

Also, I understand that Killmonger was "killed" off but there is a story arc where Killmonger is resurrected by The Mandarin. The Mandarin will be introduced soon.

Black Panther, IMO, is probably one of the purest representations of a Marvel character. I am not sure how you can say that movie fell flat. I am not sure if you aren't a BP comic fan or not but that movie was everything it was supposed to be and more.

BP is the Elsa bloodstone of mcu movies. it is good, but cant compare to others and is extremely overrated

Grean said:

Also, I understand that Killmonger was "killed" off but there is a story arc where Killmonger is resurrected by The Mandarin. The Mandarin will be introduced soon.

Black Panther, IMO, is probably one of the purest representations of a Marvel character. I am not sure how you can say that movie fell flat. I am not sure if you aren't a BP comic fan or not but that movie was everything it was supposed to be and more.

BP is the Elsa bloodstone of mcu movies. it is good, but cant compare to others and is extremely overrated
    You've said that twice now. Why can't it compare to others? I am not sure how that's even possible.
    its just too basic
    edited February 2021

Grean said:

You've said that twice now. Why can't it compare to others? I am not sure how that's even possible.
    I think it's really good, but it definitely is overrated imo. On Rotten Tomatoes, it's rated as the best superhero movie of all time ffs. Higher than the frickin Dark Knight! Like, what the hell!?
    Etjama said:

Grean said:

I think it's really good, but it definitely is overrated imo. On Rotten Tomatoes, it's rated as the best superhero movie of all time ffs. Higher than the frickin Dark Knight! Like, what the hell!?
    Okay, that's just wrong. I really liked Black Panther, but it is definitely not the best superhero movie ever.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Grean said:

Grean said:

its just too basic
    The story might have been basic but it allowed film to focus more on the main characters cuz of that. It helped in spreading the main message. Killmonger got a lot of screen time and part of the reason is that.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

And these are the responses we get when a few people run rampant in the forums with joke threads.

👏👏👏
    Anyways, I thank you for moving Ragnarok up a tier even though I still thinks it's S-Tier. Personally, The Incredible Hulk is also kinda underrated and deserves to be moved up. I kinda liked a more serious Hulk movie and I enjoyed the tone and grittiness of it. I still do love comedic Hulk though.
    edited February 2021
    Etjama said:

Grean said:

I mean, what do you expect... they gave Venom such a low rating and WW84 started off at a high score. And Interstellar's only got 72%. I rarely agree with any consensus of Rotten Tomatoes.
    Jaded said:

And these are the responses we get when a few people run rampant in the forums with joke threads.

👏👏👏

You're still on that? Let it go. It doesn't affect you.

Anyways, I thank you for moving Ragnarok up a tier even though I still thinks it's S-Tier. Personally, The Incredible Hulk is also kinda underrated and deserves to be moved up. I kinda liked a more serious Hulk movie and I enjoyed the tone and grittiness of it. I still do love comedic Hulk though.

I loved the Incredible Hulk. Personally I dislike the way they went with his character in the movies. Professor Hulk in Endgame was a nice nod to the comics, but should not have been the only form of that character in the movie. Incredible Hulk was more serious and true to the character. It also had a much better looking Hulk.