**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I was going to do abyss this sunday, BUT...

Everyone says there is a bug going on with the persistant charge champions. My revive and potion stash expires on monday and I planned to do abyss on sunday. My team was going to be aegon, human torch, doom, heimdall and angela but if here is a bug with aegon and human torch with their persistant charges what should I do ? If aegon stops working or something I'm totally done and can't do it. I myself saw the issue happening couple of times in the arena and in some quests but it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. So if I can't do abyss what will happen ? almost all of my stash wiil disappear. Will there be a compensation based on per player ? I don't think so. This is a really important issue and they should STOP the timer on the stash or something till it's fixed !!!!!!!!

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    I’m don’t hav the problem I’m one the new update my phone is a iPhone XS Max and run iOS 13.4 though Mabye that’s why
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Onurre2 said:

Who the hell in a normal mind can disagree with this, people are really something else

Possibly people who aren't seeing the problem, so they act like it can't be happening to someone else for some reason.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    MrBanks said:

Gamer said:

I’m don’t hav the problem I’m one the new update my phone is a iPhone XS Max and run iOS 13.4 though Mabye that’s why

Have you considered the possibility that just because you are not having any issues doesn't mean that nobody is having issues?
    By that logic, because not everyone is having issues, doesn't mean Kabam should freeze items that are in the stash because people want to do content for everyone either.

Even with the persistent charge bug, it doesn't seem consistent. Most of the time it just comes across as visual thing until you enter into a fight. Your best bet it just to go in and see what happens on the first fight after the first revive whether your combo on Aegon really doesn't carry over.
    MrBanks said:

ItsDamien said:

MrBanks said:

Gamer said:

Have you considered the possibility that just because you are not having any issues doesn't mean that nobody is having issues?
    By that logic, because not everyone is having issues, doesn't mean Kabam should freeze items that are in the stash because people want to do content for everyone either.

Even with the persistent charge bug, it doesn't seem consistent. Most of the time it just comes across as visual thing until you enter into a fight. Your best bet it just to go in and see what happens on the first fight after the first revive whether your combo on Aegon really doesn't carry over.
    So since only the majority of players are having this issue and not ALL players Kabam shouldn't do anything about it? They definitely shouldn't freeze the stash; not suggesting that here. But I think that there needs to be some sort of compensation if this bug is going to ruin player runs or allow for items to be expired because nobody wants to attempt content with broken champs.
    They shouldn't freeze the timer on the stash, no.

Didn't say that they shouldn't do anything about the issue either. They should fix the issue. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I didn't screech out for Compensation because Aegon was bugged when I did my run of Abyss a few weeks ago, when I had items in the stash expiring.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    There is no functional bug.

There is a VISUAL bug that has been discussed many times with persistent charges not showing up.

They do still exist though.

Take Aegon into anything and start fighting. You will get prompts indicating that you have hit certain combo thresholds.

If you care to do a fight to 150+ combo too, you'll also notice that you start getting truestrike buffs.

They also carry over to further fights too, just like it's supposed to work.

It's just a visual glitch, Aegon still works perfectly fine.
  • Onurre2Onurre2 Posts: 173 ★★
    edited February 2021
    The main pronlem is people are saying that their aegon lost all of his combo charges in a fight and gained again on the other, it is not just like try and see it yourself thing. It might work 5 times and then won't work for the next 3 and then work again. I have saved a lot of revives and potions for the abyss and it shouldn't be like take or leave it situation, this is a serious bug.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    MrBanks said:

Gamer said:

Have you considered the possibility that just because you are not having any issues doesn't mean that there are no issues going on for others?
    No I’m do awer of it but many forgot to. Force and do thing outside the box like I’m said what os I’m hav. My offer phone Hav iOS 14 do hav the bug but not one my playing phone
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

MrBanks said:

ItsDamien said:

MrBanks said:

Gamer said:

So since only the majority of players are having this issue and not ALL players Kabam shouldn't do anything about it? They definitely shouldn't freeze the stash; not suggesting that here. But I think that there needs to be some sort of compensation if this bug is going to ruin player runs or allow for items to be expired because nobody wants to attempt content with broken champs.

Didn't say that they shouldn't do anything about the issue either. They should fix the issue. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I didn't screech out for Compensation because Aegon was bugged when I did my run of Abyss a few weeks ago, when I had items in the stash expiring.
    I think that the forums are past "screeching for compensation" after all the times that compensation has been asked for. Yes, people are going to continue to ask for compensation, but it's a bit of a joke now to even do so. I think the fact that there isn't even any consideration of the idea that something may be broken or there is something visually incorrect going on within the game is alarming. Maybe they are working on a fix? Maybe they are going to compensate? That's the issue here in my opinion. Nobody knows. I do understand that this is just one player's forum post about their plans to do abyss. But it does sound like a lot of people are having this issue and a statement from Kabam about anything is the best answer to this issue.
    MrBanks said:

ItsDamien said:

MrBanks said:

ItsDamien said:

MrBanks said:

Gamer said:

I think that the forums are past "screeching for compensation" after all the times that compensation has been asked for. Yes, people are going to continue to ask for compensation, but it's a bit of a joke now to even do so. I think the fact that there isn't even any consideration of the idea that something may be broken or there is something visually incorrect going on within the game is alarming. Maybe they are working on a fix? Maybe they are going to compensate? That's the issue here in my opinion. Nobody knows. I do understand that this is just one player's forum post about their plans to do abyss. But it does sound like a lot of people are having this issue and a statement from Kabam about anything is the best answer to this issue.
    Well for starters, checking the bugs and issues section of the forum yields a far better result of Kabam reply to, you know, bugs and issues. Just because they haven't commented on the threads made in General Discussion, does not mean that they're a) not aware, or b) not already fixing the issue.
    Onurre2 said:

The main pronlem is people are saying that their aegon lost all of his combo charges in a fight and gained again on the other, it is not just like try and see it yourself thing. It might work 5 times and then won't work for the next 3 and then work again. I have saved a lot of revives and potions for the abyss and it shouldn't be like take or leave it situation, this is a serious bug.

Most people seeing this bug on the do you bleed nodes. I know that node alone is bugged at the moment but if it's also an aegon bug with his persistant charges then it is a much bigger problem.
    You can see here :

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/248664/aegon-bug-again#latest

He says after he died and revived aegon he lost his combo and started doing little damage to the block and he says he did the other fights perfectly fine with aegon. So if this happens to me in abyss after I use a revive on him or after 5 fights what will happen ? In abyss I'll be using a ton of revives on aegon.
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    AS @Onurre2 said, this only happened after I updated my game. Aegon worked perfectly fine before.
    No, it's not that he lost his combo. Fury and true accuracy buffs were still showing up. But he couldn't parry and his hits were doing that of a 2 stars.

No, it's not that he lost his combo. Fury and true accuracy buffs were still showing up. But he couldn't parry and his hits were doing that of a 2 stars.

If that's the case then we can't be sure if it's a bug with aegon or the node.

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    it is pretty inconsistent. My cmm and her charges were working fine but nick and his thing failed. Sometimes the charges don't even show up. I dont think its safe to go in for the first fight and test since it could happen midrun

AS @Onurre2 said, this only happened after I updated my game. Aegon worked perfectly fine before.

Let me understand this, you did the first couple of fight with aegon on do you bleed node and win the fights with block damage, then did you update the game (after those first fights) and couldn't do the path anymore or was your game updated from the start of the quest and it just happened after you use a revive on him ? @Fear_of_Clowns2099
    The node was do you bleed with bleed vulnerability and redoubled determination. Maybe it's a bug with both, because nobody on my team could parry either. I'm pretty sure dpx doesn't have a mechanic that stops attacking champs from parrying
    @Onurre2 That's right. I updated the game in the middle of the quest
    Oh I see. It might be because of the nodes bugging out not aegon. But like

it is pretty inconsistent. My cmm and her charges were working fine but nick and his thing failed. Sometimes the charges don't even show up. I dont think its safe to go in for the first fight and test since it could happen midrun

says it is a pretty incosistent and can't be trusted for the abyss initial clear in my situation. But like I said, If I can't do it on sunday, I'll have 2000 units worth of resources ending on the stash by monday.
    Onurre2 said:

Oh I see. It might be because of the nodes bugging out not aegon. But like

says it is a pretty incosistent and can't be trusted for the abyss initial clear in my situation. But like I said, If I can't do it on sunday, I'll have 2000 units worth of resources ending on the stash by monday.
    yeah this is a very tricky situation. I'd say just go in and if the sig bugs out, contact support and see what they say. It might just be a thing where it disappears for one fight and comes back the n ext, but if it its removed entirely, I"m not sure because I don';t think support can restore persistent charges
    @Onurre2 @Thicco_Mode
    I'm not sure, because I quit out of the quest after getting quite angry. So I don't know if issue persists. I might try a run in rol
  • 16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★

yeah this is a very tricky situation. I'd say just go in and if the sig bugs out, contact support and see what they say. It might just be a thing where it disappears for one fight and comes back the n ext, but if it its removed entirely, I"m not sure because I don';t think support can restore persistent charges

I can confirm, they can’t restore persistent charges. I got kicked out of my abyss run last month due to a glitch and support got me back on the path at the right spot, but all persistent charges were reset.
    16wegnerk said:

I can confirm, they can’t restore persistent charges. I got kicked out of my abyss run last month due to a glitch and support got me back on the path at the right spot, but all persistent charges were reset.
    @16wegnerk so did I and masterpuff lol. I brought apoc and cable and neither apoc's charges nor cables horseman were restored
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    No_oneuk said:

There is no functional bug.

There is a VISUAL bug that has been discussed many times with persistent charges not showing up.

They do still exist though.

Take Aegon into anything and start fighting. You will get prompts indicating that you have hit certain combo thresholds.

If you care to do a fight to 150+ combo too, you'll also notice that you start getting truestrike buffs.

They also carry over to further fights too, just like it's supposed to work.

It's just a visual glitch, Aegon still works perfectly fine.

No functional bug ??? So when Nick Fury starts in his 2nd mode that’s not screwed up ??
    @No_oneuk Yeah, the true accuracy and fury buffs show up, okay. But they do basically nothing. Even with those fury buffs, how do you explain aegon on hitting 30 on a block?