**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Red magneto bleed causing armour breaks for suicides

HI_guysHI_guys Posts: 4,897 ★★★★★
the problem
Magneto causes armour break on metal champs running suicides and those who are bleed immune, including Ghost.

I'm going to lay down the evidences for

1) such an interaction exists,
2) why (I think ) it is a bug

1:

Most Abilities of Magneto is due to the Magnetization passive and abilities associated with it.

He only ignored miss if the opponent is magnetized.

He only ignored class disadvantage if opponent is magnetized.

So, he should only cause armour break on bleed immune champs when caused to bleed only after magnetization passive is applied

Tl;dr: magneto is appluing armour break at fight start to bleed immune metal champs running suicides. this is a bug that should be fixed

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Lol this is not a bug, armor breaking on bleed immunes is a completely separate ability to his magnetism. Just because magnetism is sort of his main ability it doesn't mean all of his kit is tied to it. This is like saying Vision Aarkus shrugging off debuffs while the opponent doesn't have an armor break on them is also a bug. Yeah Armor breaking is a central part of Vision Aarkus' kit but not every single ability is tied to it
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Checked auntm.ai and his armor breaks on bleeds thing isn't tied to his magnetism ability.
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    So you are saying he shouldn’t armour break, If he can’t bleed? That’s part of his kit for every champion not just against magnetised.

For example he armour breaks Luke cage instead of bleeding and he’s not metal. Aka it’s nothing to do with anyone getting magnetised.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    People saying armor break is not tied to magnetism should check the in-game ability and not the auntmai ability. YOu can duel Groot and check this also. Against groot magneto sp1 will not cause any effect, against ghost it will cause bleed and against sentinel it will cause armor break.

It is almost impossible to not trigger magnetism against metal champs if you are an attacker, so I cannot test the metal champs without magnetism criteria.

His bleed converting to armor break is tied with magnet ability.This was already discussed when he was released, but I don'r remember any conclusion to this point from admins.
    Faseeh said:

This is just a part they forgot to nerf after they made that change where bleed immune non metal champs dont get armor break from sp3

Honestly don't see this as a nerf. He is already OP against most of the champs in the game. Bleed immune non-metal champs form a very small subset of champs and most of the subset are bad that you can deal with them easily. I can think of 1 or 2 that might cause issue and we have counters for those too.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Checked auntm.ai and his armor breaks on bleeds thing isn't tied to his magnetism ability.

Auntmai. Misses some parts of the magnetism specific abilties. If you go off if Auntmai then magneto can never have class disadvantage metal or otherwise
    Ya just checked ingame too. Seems like a bug.
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

People saying armor break is not tied to magnetism should check the in-game ability and not the auntmai ability. YOu can duel Groot and check this also. Against groot magneto sp1 will not cause any effect, against ghost it will cause bleed and against sentinel it will cause armor break.

It is almost impossible to not trigger magnetism against metal champs if you are an attacker, so I cannot test the metal champs without magnetism criteria.

His bleed converting to armor break is tied with magnet ability.This was already discussed when he was released, but I don'r remember any conclusion to this point from admins.

You can not get magnetized if you have the pacify mastery and get a parry at fight start. And I've shown images of magneto missing agaisnt ghist
    You are right, but I was saying you cannot demonstrate this using magneto as an attacker since we don't usually get parried at the start.
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

You can not get magnetized if you have the pacify mastery and get a parry at fight start. And I've shown images of magneto missing agaisnt ghist
    You are right, but I was saying you cannot demonstrate this using magneto as an attacker since we don't usually get parried at the start.
    It is possible but really hard. You could try in duels.
    Nah, I have tried it with magneto as defender, he fails to place magnet passive when stunned at the start of the fight.
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    HI_guys said:

So you are saying he shouldn’t armour break, If he can’t bleed? That’s part of his kit for every champion not just against magnetised.

For example he armour breaks Luke cage instead of bleeding and he’s not metal. Aka it’s nothing to do with anyone getting magnetised.

Please show me magneto armour breaking luke cage

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    HI_guys said:

You can armor break any champ with Red Magnetos SP2.

What you can't do is bleed or amor break non metal on sp3.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

You can armor break any champ with Red Magnetos SP2.

What you can't do is bleed or amor break non metal on sp3.
    Yes. I missed that. But that's not m because of bleed immuntiy
    I mean.... You literally asked for someone to show you Red Mags armor breaking Luke Cage. You and Prime were just referring to different things. Though neither of you were very specific.

It's not because luke cage is bleed immune though, it's just because mags' SP2 armor breaks.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    That isnt connected to magnetism iirc.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    You’re right in the sense that ‘enhanced bleed debuffs’ are under the [magnet] bonus. This includes shrapnel damage and armour break in replacement of bleed debuffs for immune champs. You’re right in the sense that magnetism hadn’t triggered at that point in the fight, so none of the [magnet] bonuses should apply until magnetise does.

This is just what I gathered from reading his abilities. I don’t play mags very often so I could be interpreting this wrong.