**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: Cavalier Difficulty in 2021 and Beyond - New Buffs for February!

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Also, with the previous node, people were complaining about how limited the selection within the Science class is that fulfills the criteria.

Taking inclusivity into account, how many champs in the science class can fulfill the conditions for this current node? All of them.

Even if they do not apply a non-damaging debuff out of stun/resonate, they will still be able to do the quest, either at a +150%/250% attack increase, depending on whether the bonus from the node is multiplicative or additive.

For the previous Diss Track, how many champs can do it if they do not fulfill the node criteria? None.

So overall, I find that the node was well designed and with respect to clearing speed, about the same as previous, if not faster.

It definitely feels much slower to me. Though that could be fixed by just changing the fury cap to 10 and doubling each ones potency. Which I’m fairly certain was basically the exact same change they did with the last set of nodes.
    I did mention earlier that the proc chance of poison is a little too low. Somewhere around the 30-40% range will make the ramp up decently fast.
    Jaded said:

xNig said:

I was experimenting with the distancing to corner heavy with SG and got hit. 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 slots, 1 champ took the whole path. Doesn’t matter what health she was at at the end.

Well it does, how do you not see that?
    I’m not saying one should finish full health everytime. But we are talking about 60% of your health.
    xNig said:

I was experimenting with the distancing to corner heavy with SG and got hit. 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 slots, 1 champ took the whole path. Doesn’t matter what health she was at at the end.

Dude I don’t care you got hit. For you, it didn’t matter what health you ended on. For others it’ll be different. 🤷‍♂️
    For someone who didn’t notice how much I slipped up and purely wants to nitpick, you seem to care too much.
    Faseeh said:

@Worknprogress Who you used for that mole man in tech quest? He keeps shrugging off my heal blok and armur brayks

Warlock/Mysterio. Use passive heal blocks.

(Sorry to cut in bro Wnp)

Is the skill one broken? NF and falcon were doing almost nothing. And Corvus with 3 charges barely taking off 30% on rhino.

Falcon doesn’t work cause evade reduced by AAR doesn’t proc furies. But you can still use him to clear it regularly.

(I cleared the map with NF. No issues)
    Faseeh said:

xNig said:

Faseeh said:

@Worknprogress Who you used for that mole man in tech quest? He keeps shrugging off my heal blok and armur brayks

Wish i had them :')
    Alternatively, you can push him into frenzy and he won’t purify debuffs when he’s frenzied iirc. Use that duration to get your furies up.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

Warlock I'm pretty sure
    Faseeh said:

xNig said:

Faseeh said:

xNig said:

Faseeh said:

Alternatively, you can push him into frenzy and he won’t purify debuffs when he’s frenzied iirc. Use that duration to get your furies up.
    20 but i'll do ma best :)
    He just needs 5 iirc. Then use your projectile special fire into his block at a distance to trigger his unstoppable, hence frenzy. Then you’ll be able to plant your heal block in. You just need to do this once and you’ll get 6-8 furies off one round of regen.
    edited February 2021
    Faseeh said:

xNig said:

Faseeh said:

xNig said:

Faseeh said:

xNig said:

Faseeh said:

20 but i'll do ma best :)
    He just needs 5 iirc. Then use your projectile special fire into his block at a distance to trigger his unstoppable, hence frenzy. Then you’ll be able to plant your heal block in. You just need to do this once and you’ll get 6-8 furies off one round of regen.
    I found another plan. I got a r4 archangel so im gonna use a generic on him for the mole man. Thanks for all the help man :)
    Makes sense. All the best man.

(Side note: He’s worth the gem and resources to R5 even without that Mole Man triggering your outrage lol.)
  • KapitzKapitz Posts: 59
    To throw my few cents in on the new globals... Overall, I think the new set require more specific styles of play within each fight to benefit from them, whereas the last ones tended to be more generic and you'd usually be able to benefit from them just by doing a standard rotation. At Cavalier level, having to tweak your rotation shouldn't be unexpected, and the pool of benefiting champs is big enough to not be overly restrictive.

Some specific thoughts on each class...

Science: I don't hate this one as it's fairly easy to use almost any champ in the class for, but it also seems needlessly complicated. At the very least, get rid of Weak in the Knees as the only purpose I can think of for this being present is to make Torch less OP and it doesn't even do that.

Tech: A huge improvement over the last one. Plenty of good tech champs that can access armor break/heal block, and the node combination allows for rapid ramp up. Actually chose a team with multiple tech champs this month, as opposed to previously just taking Warlock and few champs from other classes - though Warlock is still amazing and made the cut again.

Cosmic: The last set was really just a Hyperion showcase, and nobody else really mattered if you had him. The new set allows for many more champs to shine and I much prefer it. Seeing my R5 Aarkus who has mostly lived on defence since being ranked up doing some big numbers almost brought a tear to my eye.

Skill: This one I'm somewhat ambivalent about. I don't hate it, but also it's... Not overly fun with most of the champions who can benefit from it? A few are great but too many champs need you to build to a certain special to start being able to shut down the evade/build furies and this makes a lot of the fights slow. My biggest gripe is Stealth Spidey (who has zero damaging debuffs so was useless for the last global), is still useless for this evade-based global despite being the only champ in the class with access to Slow. I demand justice for Night Monkey.

Mutant: Glad to see the back of a whole quest each month of Biohazard if for no other reason than I'd get bored in the last one and forget about the node half way down a path and hit into block and poison myself. The new set of nodes is perfectly OK.

Mystic: My biggest issue with the new set is the same as it was when the last set was changed to only count actual Nullifies instead of the various other ways Mystic champs can control buffs. The first couple of months of Cavalier EQ Mystic was my favourite chapter as almost any champ could come in and crush it due to the "broken" interaction with Personal Space. It's basically been the Doom & Claire show since it was changed and seems like it still will be. Whilst every champ can at least access the temporary prowess, the numbers of champs who can convert them regularly is much smaller, and the number of champs who can easily stack the prowesses is smaller again. If buffs falling off/being prevented came back into the global in some way, I'd be much happier.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Jaded said:

xNig said:

Well it does, how do you not see that?
    I’m not saying one should finish full health everytime. But we are talking about 60% of your health.
    xNig said:

Dude I don’t care you got hit. For you, it didn’t matter what health you ended on. For others it’ll be different. 🤷‍♂️
    For someone who didn’t notice how much I slipped up and purely wants to nitpick, you seem to care too much.
    Again I don’t care about you or how you fight. That video is what I would call an average fight for average players. You are above average normally.

So if the average player is going into a fight and losing half their health to a dumb node. Something should change, even so slightly. Then we have constructive feedback and not just “it’s fine, I sucked tonight”.

That’s all buddy, I’m not shooting you down or giving you a hard time. I really don’t care about you, just the outcome of the video.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

I was going to write how horrible Cavalier difficulty is and nothing at all as to what we were promised but I forgot about all the trolls that just throw discussions off track. the game is getting really bad all around.

I love how you call people who disagree with your opinion "trolls" 🙄
    edited February 2021
    I dunno if I'd say horrible. The only node I feel missed the mark massively is the mystic one.

Requiring a nullify specifically eliminates a lot of options to bank the prowess. Not many champs have readily available ways to nullify an unstoppable buff while they're also stun immune. It just feels like purposely slowing you down.

You're either having to hold specific specials until the unstoppable is up, take block damage to make contact, or just give up on banking the prowess permanently and use staggers which don't benefit you at all
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

I was going to write how horrible Cavalier difficulty is and nothing at all as to what we were promised but I forgot about all the trolls that just throw discussions off track. the game is getting really bad all around.

I love how you call people who disagree with your opinion "trolls" 🙄
    Was literally about to write this.

I haven't gone into chapter 2 of Cav EQ yet, but I already stated that the Science quest needs more chance at getting poisoned, and the tech quest seems to be working pretty well. I wouldn't even say the Science one is horrible, but it is definitely more time consuming than the disstrack version, even if more champs are available to be used.

I dunno if I'd say horrible. The only node I feel missed the mark massively is the mystic one.

Requiring a nullify specifically eliminates a lot of options to bank the prowess. Not many champs have readily available ways to nullify an unstoppable buff while they're also stun immune. It just feels like purposely slowing you down.

You're either having to hold specific specials until the unstoppable is up, take block damage to make contact, or just give up on banking the prowess permanently and use staggers which don't benefit you at all

This. It's just the combination of having to Nullify a buff while not readily providing buffs to Nullify. Some characters like Hawkeye don't naturally proc buffs, so it would take 75 seconds (assuming you play perfectly) to gain the max benefit out of the node.

This. It's just the combination of having to Nullify a buff while not readily providing buffs to Nullify. Some characters like Hawkeye don't naturally proc buffs, so it would take 75 seconds (assuming you play perfectly) to gain the max benefit out of the node.
    Right, it's not necessarily difficult just feels annoying and artificially slow
  • YimiGotayYimiGotay Posts: 100
    There are players here who believe that they all have the same characters and the same abilities. Not because you passed it easily does it mean that others complete it the same way, be consistent
    YimiGotay said:

There are players here who believe that they all have the same characters and the same abilities. Not because you passed it easily does it mean that others complete it the same way, be consistent

And there are players who believe that just because they are Cavalier they should be able to completely explore the EQ. Goes both ways.
  • YimiGotayYimiGotay Posts: 100

YimiGotay said:

And there are players who believe that just because they are Cavalier they should be able to completely explore the EQ. Goes both ways.
    That's what a cavalier is for, right? Because in addition to the crystals it has no other benefits.
    YimiGotay said:

YimiGotay said:

That's what a cavalier is for, right? Because in addition to the crystals it has no other benefits.
    Kabam has said it in the past. Cavalier EQ was not supposed to be easily explorable by new Cavs. Completion was made for new Cavs. Those who are farther into story will have an easier time exploring, but it should still be difficult for people still on 6.2, 6.3, or 6.4 to explore. However, the previous iterations of CEQ and nodes haven't really lived up to the community's vision of CEQ. At least this is now a step closer to that vision.
    Haji_Saab said:

I used Doom and got 5 prowess (which is the max stack) really quickly (MD level 4). It favours champions that can stagger though.
    Hmm. I didn't notice the temporary converting to permanent with Sym. Maybe I just wasn't gaining power fast enough bc there weren't that many buff heavy opponents. It was pretty late when I did that quest though, legitimately may just not have realized the cap was 5.

I didn't use Doom much after the first time the unstoppable proced and broke stun/combo even with a stagger up. Couldn't be bothered to start messing with rotations so just used Sorcerer mostly and Sym occasionally