**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cavalier Skill Class Node is

one of the worst ideas in the game. Skill is already one of the worst class with a terrible pool of champs and they decided to introduce Skillful Distraction node which narrows down to a smaller pool of champs. I’m fine with them trying to introduce some variations in the cavalier nodes and the other class nodes are doable.

They’ve said in the announcement page that they want to move away from nodes that restrict champs like Buffed Up and Diss Track but Skillful Distraction does the same thing as there aren’t a lot of evade counter champs if we do not use skill champs. Even 7.1 exploration is more fun than 5 paths of this node

Comments

• Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★

one of the worst ideas in the game. Skill is already one of the worst class with a terrible pool of champs and they decided to introduce Skillful Distraction node which narrows down to a smaller pool of champs. I’m fine with them trying to introduce some variations in the cavalier nodes and the other class nodes are doable.

They’ve said in the announcement page that they want to move away from nodes that restrict champs like Buffed Up and Diss Track but Skillful Distraction does the same thing as there aren’t a lot of evade counter champs if we do not use skill champs. Even 7.1 exploration is more fun than 5 paths of this node

7.1 exploration is better than most things, not a great argument. I agree with you though
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I partially agree with you.

For a node that is supossed to benefit the skill class, it doesn't benefit the skill class.

Only champ I think that is actually great for this node is Black Widow Deadly Origin, because of consistently shock the opponent.

On the otherside there are some champs like falcon nor nick fury that can actually do this path but they don't get to benefit that much from this node.

I guess hit monkey, ronin and a few more champs can do this but when you're trying to do the 4 stars challenge,then this node is just not that helpful as it's for other classes.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    Gildenlow said:

Only champ I think that is actually great for this node is Black Widow Deadly Origin, because of consistently shock the opponent.

Falcon and NT find your lack of faith disturbing. Oh also Elsa
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    The only thing with Nick is your disorient debuff can fail the node working so you have to fail an evade after it wears off
  • Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    I thought it was gonna be worse than it was. 3/45 Night Thrasher UNAWAKENED easily soloed a path.
  • TheMailmannTheMailmann Posts: 120 ★★
    edited February 2021
    and for champs to apply debuffs like incinerate or shock, opponents can still evade before or when debuffs expire so we might still get hit with a few hits
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

and for champs to apply debuffs like incinerate or shock, opponents can still evade before or when debuffs expire so we might still get hit with a few hits

Not if you pay attention

Gildenlow said:

For a node that is supossed to benefit the skill class, it doesn't benefit the skill class.

On the otherside there are some champs like falcon nor nick fury that can actually do this path but they don't get to benefit that much from this node.

I guess hit monkey, ronin and a few more champs can do this but when you're trying to do the 4 stars challenge,then this node is just not that helpful as it's for other classes.

How does Nick not benefit from this node? He absolutely does. Every failed evade with 5 tac charges procs the passive fury
    I didn't try it, I just read the node and it says that you only gain furies when the opponent fails to evade because of incinerate, disorient or shock, NOT from a reduction of ability accuracy, tactic charges are AAR.

If fury works anyway I'm definitely going to try it out.
    Gildenlow said:

Gildenlow said:

How does Nick not benefit from this node? He absolutely does. Every failed evade with 5 tac charges procs the passive fury
    I didn't try it, I just read the node and it says that you only gain furies when the opponent fails to evade because of incinerate, disorient or shock, NOT from a reduction of ability accuracy, tactic charges are AAR.

If fury works anyway I'm definitely going to try it out.
    That's not what it says at all. It just says you get a fury when preventing evade in any way other than AAR. Don't see anything about AAR in the 5 tac charge description, just that attacks can't miss or be evaded
    Also the other thing to look out for with Nick's disorient, if you're taking the Flux dispersal path using Nick, disorient can also fail Flux dispersal from reseting with a heavy. If you notice it doesn't reset, just wait for disorient to fall off
    well thanks for all the info, I didn't get any trouble with this path since I have a LOT of champions of 5 and 6 stars, but for the 4 stars challenge I was kind of worried since my only max champ is blade xD

I'm going to try Nick fury with the tactic strategy and since that should work, I'll take heimdall and hela I think that gives a permanent fury and tactics won't fall off.
    Guys, I was wondering if killmonger would work and he actually does!

Amazing for me since i have a maxed 4 stars version! thanks to everyone.
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★

Yes the skill node is terrible instead of incinerate and shock that should have gone for bleed which most skill champions have easy access
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    Squirrel Girl is another great option if she’s duped. Start the fight with parry heavy, get a lot of furies since they can’t evade, get to sp2, they die
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    I 100% the quest with Elsa, Night Thrasher and Nick Fury - those three totally rinsed the paths, I prefer this node a lot more in comparison to the skill one we had last month.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    I took the entire map (almost) with NF. Just get hit 5 times at the start of the fight (a 5* R5 has enough health to tank it), go for a combo, get your passive fury up and the 5 charges never expire unless you lose your LMD.

Did that for all the fights. He has 100% + another 70% health to take the hits, and with CavEQ attack values tuned so low....
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    SunRice said:

AGREED!!!
    Here is why it is Not just some "challenge" kabam made, but a money sucking trap.
    1. To effectively counter the node you need to have skill champ that can incinerate, shock or poison. The pool is very limited, and all of them are not in the competition of other classes' top champs, which means they are probably not ranked to beat 40k average PI opponents.
    2. Really, fkn 50% change evade??! So you can use real NF phase, and if you slip once before that sp1, you're screwed as the atk values are crazy. More potions.
    3. You can use slow debuff champs, but it's so impractical. Firstly because most champs apply slow with heavy attacks and parrying all the time is too much hp consuming, and stealthy is made of glass btw.
    4. So you leave the player with pure luck of having 1-2 right champions to counter the node that is on Entire path, not just one champ. The idea of using different approaches to enjoy this game came to having better luck or spending more units on potions, once Again.
    5. And if the rewards were worth the effort and challenge, worth my avg skill champs to take to rank 5 I'd be less dramatic, but instead you made nodes harder and decided not to touch the rewards...

Well done, Kabam!

Let’s see...
    Falcon
    Elsa
    KM (with WS synergy for good measure)
    NF
    HM
    Bwdo
    Mole man
    Night Thrasher

That’s within the skill class.

Out of the skill class...
    Quake
    SpiderGwen
    SheHulk
    AA
    ProfX
    Emma
    Apoco
    Iceman
    Aarkus
    Corvus
    Heimdall
    Ghost

Might have missed out a few.

How is this 1-2 champs? Surely you’re either exaggerating or you need to learn to count.

And if you think that the rewards are not worth the effort, DONT DO IT. No one forced you to. Geez.
  • I used NF for it. My R2 4* Falcon was actually doing work before he inevitably expired. At 5* I have far more options but this was probably my worst path in the 4* challenge
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

SunRice said:

AGREED!!!
    Here is why it is Not just some "challenge" kabam made, but a money sucking trap.
    1. To effectively counter the node you need to have skill champ that can incinerate, shock or poison. The pool is very limited, and all of them are not in the competition of other classes' top champs, which means they are probably not ranked to beat 40k average PI opponents.

This is not true, and I think it's what everybody keeps getting caught up on. To benefit from this node, you need a Skill Champion that can prevent Evade. That means any Skill Champion with True Strike or other Evade Suppression works very well. The ability to suppress evade with Incinerate, Shock or Poison are additional options that make more champions viable.

Also remember that you do not have to use a Skill Champions, and any Evade Suppression is still a counter, though it does not get you the bonus fury.
    I’m curious why the decision was made to make it so AAR doesn’t give fury? Can you give any insight into why the decision was made? :)
  • Onurre2Onurre2 Posts: 173 ★★
    edited February 2021

SunRice said:

AGREED!!!

This is not true, and I think it's what everybody keeps getting caught up on. To benefit from this node, you need a Skill Champion that can prevent Evade. That means any Skill Champion with True Strike or other Evade Suppression works very well. The ability to suppress evade with Incinerate, Shock or Poison are additional options that make more champions viable.

Also remember that you do not have to use a Skill Champions, and any Evade Suppression is still a counter, though it does not get you the bonus fury.
    It's all fun and good but the ability accuracy thing has to go away. Falcon or Skill spiderman doesn't get the fury because one of them lowers the ability accuracy and the other one can apply a slow. If it's supposed to benefit skill class then these two should get the furries as well. @Kabam Miike
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,101 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike yes, why the complete lack of love for crossbones aar reduction? There aren't many skill champs with aar and as one of the older champions, he's at least accessible.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

SunRice said:

AGREED!!!

I’m curious why the decision was made to make it so AAR doesn’t give fury? Can you give any insight into why the decision was made? :)
    thats always how AAR has worked, its just that recently new nodes have started benefiting the player rather than hurting them.
    Most of the time I’d agree with you, but here kabam has specifically stated that AAR doesn’t give the fury. They could make it so it does grant the fury if they wanted to, it’s a decision made.