**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: Cavalier Difficulty in 2021 and Beyond - New Buffs for February!

Comments

• OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Doc Oc's heal block doesn't give any furies in the tech path, warlock not a problem. So i guess you can go ahead and update you node description as an excuse for incompetancies in the fictional land you call QA.
    ...iOS STILL crashes periodically and has since September.

Test your product.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

Doc Oc's heal block doesn't give any furies in the tech path, warlock not a problem. So i guess you can go ahead and update you node description as an excuse for incompetancies in the fictional land you call QA.

Test your product.

If your Doc Oc is duped, the debuff with a Heal Block icon isn't a Heal Block debuff anymore. It's replaced with a Life Steal + Direct Damage effect.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Haji_Saab said:

I dunno if I'd say horrible. The only node I feel missed the mark massively is the mystic one.

Requiring a nullify specifically eliminates a lot of options to bank the prowess. Not many champs have readily available ways to nullify an unstoppable buff while they're also stun immune. It just feels like purposely slowing you down.

You're either having to hold specific specials until the unstoppable is up, take block damage to make contact, or just give up on banking the prowess permanently and use staggers which don't benefit you at all

This. It's just the combination of having to Nullify a buff while not readily providing buffs to Nullify. Some characters like Hawkeye don't naturally proc buffs, so it would take 75 seconds (assuming you play perfectly) to gain the max benefit out of the node.
    I used Doom and got 5 prowess (which is the max stack) really quickly (MD level 4). It favours champions that can stagger though.
    Hmm. I didn't notice the temporary converting to permanent with Sym. Maybe I just wasn't gaining power fast enough bc there weren't that many buff heavy opponents. It was pretty late when I did that quest though, legitimately may just not have realized the cap was 5.

I didn't use Doom much after the first time the unstoppable proced and broke stun/combo even with a stagger up. Couldn't be bothered to start messing with rotations so just used Sorcerer mostly and Sym occasionally
    There is a visual glitch as well. When you have both temporary and permanent prowess, the icons are merged into one and it seems like all your prowesses are ticking down.
    Wonder if that was it possibly. I'll have to mess around with it later in the month

Odachi said:

Test your product.

If your Doc Oc is duped, the debuff with a Heal Block icon isn't a Heal Block debuff anymore. It's replaced with a Life Steal + Direct Damage effect.
    So that’s all just a visual error then 🤷

Odachi said:

Odachi said:

Test your product.

Yeah. The pause menu doesn't always label debuffs/buffs/effects correctly.

The abilities menu says "replaced", so the defender is no longer Heal Blocked.
    tkhan08 said:

You just ruined cav difficulty even further. Now, with new nodes, its went from bad to worse.

How was it bad before?

Odachi said:

Odachi said:

Test your product.

...and the text you can see in the background from ingame which also, and pretty clearly, says "heal block" - thats wrong too? Thank you for trying to correct me by pointing out that my comment about things being bugged and lack of testing is infact the result of another bug not identified through correct testing.
    Odachi said:

Odachi said:

Odachi said:

Test your product.

...and the text you can see in the background from ingame which also, and pretty clearly, says "heal block" - thats wrong too? Thank you for trying to correct me by pointing out that my comment about things being bugged and lack of testing is infact the result of another bug not identified through correct testing.
    Woah. Tone the attitude down. I'm merely just saying that it's not a bug that Doc Oc isn't getting Furies.

On the topic of symbols, effects, and descriptions, there are loads of effects that don't have their own exclusive symbol, therefore they are just represented by another symbol. The pause menu can't distinguish between two identical symbols with two different effects in most cases, which is why Doc Oc's Lifesteal effect shows up as a Heal Block debuff and is described as a Heal Block debuff in the pause menu. So in a sense, it's not really a bug. It's just a lack of available symbols that makes it confusing.
  • xNig said:

Taking inclusivity into account, how many champs in the science class can fulfill the conditions for this current node? All of them.

Tried the first map with a 4* team, and found the actual science nodes pretty straight forward. You can in fact use anything if you play smart. For example it took me a couple fights to remember that stun is a non-damaging debuff and CapIW's SP2 is pretty fast.

Although, I really, really, really, really REALLY wish I had scouted the actual boss to discover he had biohazard. That fight would have been way easier with a bleed immune champ, instead of trying to debuff him down slowly with Void. I also had Quake, but apparently I suck at Quake on Wednesdays.

Yeah, I should have backed out. Do as I say, not as I do.
  • MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Everybody's favourite Balance Designer and sick beast of a gamer, Kabam John, has taken some time to jot down some thoughts on Cavalier Difficulty, what we've seen so far, and what's to come in the future! There's also a sneak peek at the new Buffs coming in the Cavalier Difficulty Event quest in February!

Read the post here!

I don’t think this is well thought thro at all, it has steamrolled players like me who have been prioritizing ranks ups gearing up to explore Cav eq so they can keep growing their account with those rewards as they prepare to do other content.

Now all the work I’ve put in on rank ups like Angela, Gwenpool, Guardian, Guilly 2099 (I agree some have other uses) has gone to waste and all I can do is completion (I have consistently explored Cav eq every month so far, but this one looks out of reach for sure). And all that about you don’t need the right champs for the nodes you can just out damage this is not acceptable we all don’t have 6s R3 Cosmic ghost riders, Dooms, Hit monkeys and Nick furies, Apoc, Magnetos and Pyramid Xs laying about in our roster.

Imo science and cosmic nodes are more manageable, mutant and mystic are somewhere in the middle, tech and skill are plain horrible

Great job hindering folks trying to grow their accounts !

And most others are right you guys have lost the plot with this and this for sure is not gonna make it any faster for folks to run thro the eq with or without the right champs
    1. Kabam has said that the Cavalier class buffs will rotate between the older ones and the newer ones. So any rank up you did to specifically leverage one of the older buffs is not wasted, it will come back again eventually.

2. I don't typically use R3 (6*) champs in Cavalier EQ. They certainly aren't needed, as the paths can be done with 4* champs.

3. Your primary complaint seems to be that the content is "steamrolling you" into rank ups, when at least two of the class nodes unambiguously widen your choice for what you can use from "very few" to "everything." By your own admission 2/3rds of the nodes are as good or better in this regard. And there's no question that the tech nodes are not as severe as things like Diss track, where having the wrong champ made the fights impossible. With the tech nodes having the optimal tech choices neutralizes the heal and speeds up the paths, having non-tech heal blockers or heal nullifiers makes the fights doable but slower, and only champs with no way to deal with the heals at all and insufficient burst damage can't do the fights at all.

So judged primarily by how many options can do the fights at all, Science and Cosmic have gotten less restrictive to a much higher degree than Skill and Tech have gotten more restrictive. That's an overall plus.

Overall speed when you have optimal champs seems lower. But how many rosters can do it at all seems to have gone upward significantly. if rank up railroading is your issue, the newer nodes are better than the previous ones for the playerbase at large.
  • DNA3000 said:

MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Everybody's favourite Balance Designer and sick beast of a gamer, Kabam John, has taken some time to jot down some thoughts on Cavalier Difficulty, what we've seen so far, and what's to come in the future! There's also a sneak peek at the new Buffs coming in the Cavalier Difficulty Event quest in February!

Read the post here!

I don’t think this is well thought thro at all, it has steamrolled players like me who have been prioritizing ranks ups gearing up to explore Cav eq so they can keep growing their account with those rewards as they prepare to do other content.

Now all the work I’ve put in on rank ups like Angela, Gwenpool, Guardian, Guilly 2099 (I agree some have other uses) has gone to waste and all I can do is completion (I have consistently explored Cav eq every month so far, but this one looks out of reach for sure). And all that about you don’t need the right champs for the nodes you can just out damage this is not acceptable we all don’t have 6s R3 Cosmic ghost riders, Dooms, Hit monkeys and Nick furies, Apoc, Magnetos and Pyramid Xs laying about in our roster.

Imo science and cosmic nodes are more manageable, mutant and mystic are somewhere in the middle, tech and skill are plain horrible

And most others are right you guys have lost the plot with this and this for sure is not gonna make it any faster for folks to run thro the eq with or without the right champs
    1. Kabam has said that the Cavalier class buffs will rotate between the older ones and the newer ones. So any rank up you did to specifically leverage one of the older buffs is not wasted, it will come back again eventually.

2. I don't typically use R3 (6*) champs in Cavalier EQ. They certainly aren't needed, as the paths can be done with 4* champs.

3. Your primary complaint seems to be that the content is "steamrolling you" into rank ups, when at least two of the class nodes unambiguously widen your choice for what you can use from "very few" to "everything." By your own admission 2/3rds of the nodes are as good or better in this regard. And there's no question that the tech nodes are not as severe as things like Diss track, where having the wrong champ made the fights impossible. With the tech nodes having the optimal tech choices neutralizes the heal and speeds up the paths, having non-tech heal blockers or heal nullifiers makes the fights doable but slower, and only champs with no way to deal with the heals at all and insufficient burst damage can't do the fights at all.

So judged primarily by how many options can do the fights at all, Science and Cosmic have gotten less restrictive to a much higher degree than Skill and Tech have gotten more restrictive. That's an overall plus.

Overall speed when you have optimal champs seems lower. But how many rosters can do it at all seems to have gone upward significantly. if rank up railroading is your issue, the newer nodes are better than the previous ones for the playerbase at large.
    I never admitted 2/3 of the nodes are good or better my comment was on node difficulties across classes within this set not in comparison to the prior set.

I agree with you that science and cosmic have expanded the scope for multiple rosters to be able to tackle them, but the pain has moved into tech and skill. There aren’t as many armor break tech champs (Not all have a HB) and there aren’t as many incinerate or shock skill champs (without relying on specials) (I do have a BWDO but now have to rank her up) that can work there, you cannot even use someone like stealth spidey cause you need 4 hits to get a web foam on the defender.

Choosing armor break for cosmic node effects made sense it’s built into many cosmic champs tool kits, same with choosing nullify for mystics to affect nodes. Even prowess for mutant is ok for that matter. Science is not built around the kit but there are poison immune science champs out there who can use that.

The tech and skill modifiers work against Kabams own designs of these most champs of those classes except a handful. The skill one is way worse with evades. Do I parry heavy the whole time if I don’t have the right champs ?

You needed niche champs to do cosmic and science Cav eq before now you need tech and skill. I get why some with the right champs in those classes feel this is a step in the right direction, it’s the exact opposite for others.

DNA3000 said:

MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Read the post here!

I never admitted 2/3 of the nodes are good or better my comment was on node difficulties across classes within this set not in comparison to the prior set.

I agree with you that science and cosmic have expanded the scope for multiple rosters to be able to tackle them, but the pain has moved into tech and skill. There aren’t as many armor break tech champs (Not all have a HB) and there aren’t as many incinerate or shock skill champs (without relying on specials) (I do have a BWDO but now have to rank her up) that can work there, you cannot even use someone like stealth spidey cause you need 4 hits to get a web foam on the defender.

Choosing armor break for cosmic node effects made sense it’s built into many cosmic champs tool kits, same with choosing nullify for mystics to affect nodes. Even prowess for mutant is ok for that matter. Science is not built around the kit but there are poison immune science champs out there who can use that.

The tech and skill modifiers work against Kabams own designs of these most champs of those classes except a handful. The skill one is way worse with evades. Do I parry heavy the whole time if I don’t have the right champs ?

You needed niche champs to do cosmic and science Cav eq before now you need tech and skill. I get why some with the right champs in those classes feel this is a step in the right direction, it’s the exact opposite for others.
    "There aren’t as many armor break tech champs (Not all have a HB)"
    You forget that it's either an Armor Break or Heal Block. The Heal Block is what generates the Furies. The Armor Break just inflicts the Heal Block.

"there aren’t as many incinerate or shock skill champs (without relying on specials) (I do have a BWDO but now have to rank her up)"
    Again, there are also champions that can counter Evade and gain the bonuses such as NF and Karnak. You don't have to inflict Incinerate, Shock, or Disorient to gain the bonuses. You just have to prevent the opponent from Evading using a non-AAR method.
  • DNA3000 said:

MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Read the post here!

You forget that it's either an Armor Break or Heal Block. The Heal Block is what generates the Furies. The Armor Break just inflicts the Heal Block.

"there aren’t as many incinerate or shock skill champs (without relying on specials) (I do have a BWDO but now have to rank her up)"
    Again, there are also champions that can counter Evade and gain the bonuses such as NF and Karnak. You don't have to inflict Incinerate, Shock, or Disorient to gain the bonuses. You just have to prevent the opponent from Evading using a non-AAR method.
    I haven’t forgotten the heal block, guess I’ll just take red skull and waltz around Cav eq.

No NF or Hit Monkey either.

DNA3000 said:

MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Read the post here!

I haven’t forgotten the heal block, guess I’ll just take red skull and waltz around Cav eq.

Ignoring the sarcasm, you can see that it's not as restrictive as you think. There are no nodes that force you to bring in a character where the alternative is just not dealing damage at all. Lots of Tech characters have Heal Block in their kit. That makes them viable.
  • DNA3000 said:

MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Read the post here!

Ignoring the sarcasm, you can see that it's not as restrictive as you think. There are no nodes that force you to bring in a character where the alternative is just not dealing damage at all. Lots of Tech characters have Heal Block in their kit. That makes them viable.
    Viable yes, you are missing my point it’s forcing my hand to upgrade red skull and civil warrior to r5 to tackle this lol, I’ll pass.

Skill is even more wonderful. Don’t want to get started there.

DNA3000 said:

MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Read the post here!

Viable yes, you are missing my point it’s forcing my hand to upgrade red skull and civil warrior to r5 to tackle this lol, I’ll pass.

Then don't. It's not forcing anyone's hand. You can still do the content with other characters. It's not the same as the last iteration where you HAD to rank up a counter for DT and BU or else you couldn't complete the quest. It's not the game, it's just your unwillingness to think outside the box.
  • DNA3000 said:

MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Read the post here!

Then don't. It's not forcing anyone's hand. You can still do the content with other characters. It's not the same as the last iteration where you HAD to rank up a counter for DT and BU or else you couldn't complete the quest. It's not the game, it's just your unwillingness to think outside the box.
    Lol, you’ve been going after everyone here complaining about these new nodes maybe you have the right champs now and you didn’t the past few rounds.

Don’t be on here to tell folks what to and what not to do. This forum post is to discuss pros and cons from each players perspective

I know you said some stuff about kabam designing this to be for Cav players in that are well into 6.4 etc there’s no proof for that I’m sure, there are gates in the game for such stuff. No one needs you !
  • DNA3000 said:

MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Read the post here!

My account wouldn’t be a mil and Cavalier a year and 6 months into it if I never thought outside the box, its uncalled for and that you would say that.

I would love to see your outside the box thinking self use a Karnak to clear the eq

DNA3000 said:

MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Read the post here!

Lol, you’ve been going after everyone here complaining about these new nodes maybe you have the right champs now and you didn’t the past few rounds.

Don’t be on here to tell folks what to and what not to do. This forum post is to discuss pros and cons from each players perspective

I know you said some stuff about kabam designing this to be for Cav players in that are well into 6.4 etc there’s no proof for that I’m sure, there are gates in the game for such stuff. No one needs you !
    You act like I don't have my gripes with this iteration of nodes. Of course I do. If you spent as much time looking through my comments as you implied you did, then you would've known that.

To address your second comment, at what point did I ever tell you to not voice your opinion? You're acting as if I had physically restrained you from commenting your opinions. I am doing the same thing myself, and like everyone else here, I have the right to defend my opinions and challenge the opinions of others.

For your third point, please refer to the comments and threads surrounding the creation of Cavalier EQ. You can also ask some of the forum members about the topic as well. Kabam had stated the Cavalier EQ was not for early Cavs to explore.

Lastly, I don't think anyone "needs" you as well. We're just on a floating rock in space. No one needs us.

DNA3000 said:

MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Read the post here!

My account wouldn’t be a mil and Cavalier a year and 6 months into it if I never thought outside the box, its uncalled for and that you would say that.

I would love to see your outside the box thinking self use a Karnak to clear the eq
    I apologize. I will rephrase:

It's not the game. It's just you.

Supply me with enough ISO 8 and I'll take you up on that.
  • DNA3000 said:

MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Read the post here!

You act like I don't have my gripes with this iteration of nodes. Of course I do. If you spent as much time looking through my comments as you implied you did, then you would've known that.

To address your second comment, at what point did I ever tell you to not voice your opinion? You're acting as if I had physically restrained you from commenting your opinions. I am doing the same thing myself, and like everyone else here, I have the right to defend my opinions and challenge the opinions of others.

For your third point, please refer to the comments and threads surrounding the creation of Cavalier EQ. You can also ask some of the forum members about the topic as well. Kabam had stated the Cavalier EQ was not for early Cavs to explore.

Lastly, I don't think anyone "needs" you as well. We're just on a floating rock in space. No one needs us.
    Yet I was able to explore it for 5-6 months straight till this change !

I’m sure there are others in the same boat as me.

I am not here asking for ideas or opinions. I am voicing my concerns so Kabam devs can hear them.

You must understand the very act of trying to guide me and others with alternate “options” to clear these nodes can be perceived by us as a way to silence our pain points from being heard by the devs, you add to that saying stuff like “unwillingness to think outside the box” you are really trying to do damage to our views with I don’t know what to gain for yourself.

DNA3000 said:

MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Read the post here!

I am not here asking for ideas or opinions. I am voicing my concerns so Kabam devs can hear them.

You must understand the very act of trying to guide me and others with alternate “options” to clear these nodes can be perceived by us as a way to silence our pain points from being heard by the devs, you add to that saying stuff like “unwillingness to think outside the box” you are really trying to do damage to our views with I don’t know what to gain for yourself.
    How am I attempting to silence your opinion? Have I manually deleted your comments? I'm just arguing against your opinion because I don't see it as a valid "pain point". Deal with it. I really don't know what else to tell you but that I don't feel like some of the points you bring up are valid. You may disagree. That's fine.
  • DNA3000 said:

MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Read the post here!

How am I attempting to silence your opinion? Have I manually deleted your comments? I'm just arguing against your opinion because I don't see it as a valid "pain point". Deal with it. I really don't know what else to tell you but that I don't feel like some of the points you bring up are valid. You may disagree. That's fine.
    Let’s agree to disagree !
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

YimiGotay said:

YimiGotay said:

There are players here who believe that they all have the same characters and the same abilities. Not because you passed it easily does it mean that others complete it the same way, be consistent

And there are players who believe that just because they are Cavalier they should be able to completely explore the EQ. Goes both ways.
    That's what a cavalier is for, right? Because in addition to the crystals it has no other benefits.
    Kabam has said it in the past. Cavalier EQ was not supposed to be easily explorable by new Cavs. Completion was made for new Cavs. Those who are farther into story will have an easier time exploring, but it should still be difficult for people still on 6.2, 6.3, or 6.4 to explore. However, the previous iterations of CEQ and nodes haven't really lived up to the community's vision of CEQ. At least this is now a step closer to that vision.
    I’m sure they never mentioned anything like that anywhere if so you should add links to prove it. Don’t just make such claims.

You seem to be going after everyone here who’s complaining about the changes. Maybe you have a good roster and don’t have the need to complain.

This forum post is so folks can voice both pros and cons to these changes.

Don’t try to make claims or dictate what one could or could not clear in the game based on their progression. Gates in the game are for that reason we don’t need you !
    They did.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Tips for Skill map 2.2. I passed 3 bosses altho i did screw up with Reed which is my fault lol

I am doing flux dispersal lane and HB is roadblocking me lol
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    In hindsight, a good amount of the negative reactions could have been mitigated if 4-star rank 4 and 5 gems (especially generic ones) were included in the special event/objective rewards.