**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Connection Errors

Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
edited February 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
I start to enter a mini-boss fight in AW, your server hangs, after four minutes of "loading" I bail because, you know, if the fight hasn't loaded in 4 minutes, then it is hosed. Then when I reopen MCOC I have lost half my health without taking a punch or even having had a chance to throw one.

I know I am not the first person to have this happen, but IT MAKES NO SENSE TO PUNISH PLAYERS FOR YOUR SERVER PROBLEMS.

Why do the players get punished for your errors? I am sure you won't attempt to explain...

Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★

Nothing like this has ever happened to me. Unfortunately it might be a problem on your end.

People complain about it on the forums all the time. Guess it was just my turn. I have a brand new ipad pro (bought two months ago), high speed fiber optic internet, and I am pretty sure this is not me. Anyway, the fight had not even started, so why punish me by removing half my health? Makes no sense.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Why? Because there's nothing stopping people from force-closing to try again, and the system can't judge what's that or a crash.

Why? Because there's nothing stopping people from force-closing to try again, and the system can't judge what's that or a crash.

OK smart guy, your opinion is that the game doesn't know when the fight starts or not? That if I never even get past the loading screen that I can somehow exploit the game? Try harder.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

I start to enter a mini-boss fight in AW, your server hangs, after four minutes of "loading" I bail because, you know, if the fight hasn't loaded in 4 minutes, then it is hosed. Then when I reopen MCOC I have lost half my health without taking a punch or even having had a chance to throw one.

I know I am not the first person to have this happen, but IT MAKES NO SENSE TO PUNISH PLAYERS FOR YOUR SERVER PROBLEMS.

Why do the players get punished for your errors? I am sure you won't attempt to explain...

Happened to me today for the first time ever. Just spinning and spinning. I recorded for 9 minutes and finally forced closed. Came back to 1 lost AB and half health.

OK smart guy, your opinion is that the game doesn't know when the fight starts or not? That if I never even get past the loading screen that I can somehow exploit the game? Try harder.
    The game doesn't know the results of the Fight until the data is sent to the server. That can't happen if there's a failure on either end.

you've been around long enough, you know full well it's cause folks like/not like myself would force close back in the day to restart a boss fight to save a revive/pots. Granted, this pre-dates the season concept, but even now I'll eat a force close in AQ to avoid eating a revive.

If you're fine with eating a Successful Defense in exchange for saving half health, there's a suggestion.
    Well, in this case the fight did not ever start. It went on loading and loading.

But to your point -- why couldn't they just have the fight restart with the same champs at the same health they were at when the game crashed or when the player force restarted?

you've been around long enough, you know full well it's cause folks like/not like myself would force close back in the day to restart a boss fight to save a revive/pots. Granted, this pre-dates the season concept, but even now I'll eat a force close in AQ to avoid eating a revive.

If you're fine with eating a Successful Defense in exchange for saving half health, there's a suggestion.
    Well, in this case the fight did not ever start. It went on loading and loading.

But to your point -- why couldn't they just have the fight restart with the same champs at the same health they were at when the game crashed or when the player force restarted?

That's not within the limitations of the game mode, or the spirit of fairness. You have X amount of tries, Y amount of Points, and Z amount of Items. There's no "trysies overs".
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

then every war would be 0-0 because as soon as something went wrong you'd just force quit

The game doesn't know the results of the Fight until the data is sent to the server. That can't happen if there's a failure on either end.
    If the fight starts, you're saying that piece of knowledge does not get sent back to Kabam until when? The game on my device is not recording these events? What are we coding with wooden blocks now?

Anyway, hard for the game to alert Kabam about anything when it crashes, but, sure, I'll pay the price for someone else's incompetence.

then every war would be 0-0 because as soon as something went wrong you'd just force quit
    Pure projection, Dreamin.
  • awesome1werawesome1wer Posts: 101

This has happened to me, but it only happened on my old iphone 5

If the fight starts, you're saying that piece of knowledge does not get sent back to Kabam until when? The game on my device is not recording these events? What are we coding with wooden blocks now?

Anyway, hard for the game to alert Kabam about anything when it crashes, but, sure, I'll pay the price for someone else's incompetence.
    Yes. I'm saying when you're in an interactive game mode like War or AQ where progress has to be conveyed to everyone else, the server can't know what the result of the Fight is until that progress is sent. You can't record that when the Fight is in process because it's still going on.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    well.. i don't know, i just think kabam can be smart about this. a new system that can detect and know the difference with force closing and lost connection. .. they have the money to make this tech, just not the will to make it happen?
  • nfernonferno Posts: 63
    Yea there needs to be a better system. Periodically I get screwed in arena fights. Win the fight then it stalls out and registers a loss. Then sometimes it acknowledges a disconnection in the middle of the fight (arena and quests) and I have to do a fight all over again, so there seems to already be logic for a better remedy in place.
  • ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    OP its happened to me once or twice throughout my time too..its definitely unfortunate 🤷‍♂️
  • Hey there, sorry to hear about this. I would first try to go through our troubleshooting steps for iOS or Android, depending on what type of device you have. If that doesn’t solve the problem, I would get in contact with our Support Team. They can be reached from the game’s home screen by clicking the gear-shaped icon in the top-left corner of the screen and then scrolling down to the button labeled “Support”.
This discussion has been closed.