**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

what specs are needed for the game

CaptainMarvellCaptainMarvell Posts: 42
edited February 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
game is constantly crashes since the 29.2.1 update & have gotten worse with the 30.0 update. what specs are needed for the game to play on android? google play store just says android 6.0 & up. i really would like to be able to play again & not have my alliance suffer in AQ or AW because of this
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• 98320575739832057573 Posts: 155
    Android 7 n above 3gb ram normal
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    What phone are you using?
  • What phone are you using?

motorola g6 running on android 9 with 3 gb ram
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    3gb ram, but it’s not always the key factor. The game is constantly evolving so your phone need to have the latest up to date specs to ensure smooth gameplay. Frame rate also plays a part here even if your phone have 3gb ram. The game is having more and more of beautiful ultra HD art and animations so old phones won’t cut it anymore at some point so might as well just get the newest apple or the newest Samsung (not iPhone 12 as kabam haven’t acknowledge the issue with touch input reaction + plus you can’t repair it at normal local workshop)
  • FatalEndFatalEnd Posts: 53
    The truth is 2-year-old or even worse 3-year-old phones are not good for this game anymore. You would think 3GB of Ram would be enough to run this game smoothly in 2021.But, in reality, it's absolutely not. If you want to run the game smoothly with no lag, crashes, freezes or big issues, I believe you should at least go for a phone with 6GB of Ram, a 8nm processor and a 64GB of internal storage. Even better if you can afford a phone with 8GB Ram, a 7nm processor and a 128GB of internal storage.
  • 98320575739832057573 Posts: 155
    Or just go with an iPhone 😬
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    3gb ram is enough. My old phone had 2gb ram and game runned smooth. Except some special attacks were laggy. Game graphics haven't increased since 2015 so you don't need to upgrade phone every year.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Can confirm 2 GB Ram is enough for normal things. I am currently using 2 GB Ram only and it most of the times runs fine. It does get quite glitchy during some champions specials like Thing's and now, it straight up can't run Psycho-Man and his sp1.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★

ok, looks like i'm done with the game for awhile if that's the case. can't buy a new phone just to play a game during a pandemic when money is tight & the option is roof over my head or a phone

I feel like there may be options to improve your gaming experience. Some phones have a high performance feature to turn on while gaming. Reinstalling the game might help. Or even freeing up some hard drive space, maybe?
  • ok, looks like i'm done with the game for awhile if that's the case. can't buy a new phone just to play a game during a pandemic when money is tight & the option is roof over my head or a phone

I feel like there may be options to improve your gaming experience. Some phones have a high performance feature to turn on while gaming. Reinstalling the game might help. Or even freeing up some hard drive space, maybe?
    tried reinstalling the game a couple of times & freed up space on my phone but the problems are still there.
    My Samsung galaxy S6 that I borrowed from my girlfriend is running good with the game. I think the phone has 2gb ram? But the difference is that the phone has the option to boost the performance so maybe that’s why.

My iPhone 6 before I borrowed my girl’s Samsung Galaxy S6 always has lags, app kicked me out and so on. I then forced myself to leave the alliance... Lo and behold the game suddenly ran smooth sail. I later understood that being in alliance the phone is overworking to run AQ, War, events and arenas as much as possible making the lags other issues to show more often. When I left for a month and half I had never had under that time received lags, app kick out and so on during event questing and arenas.

After I borrowed my girlfriend’s Samsung galaxy s6 and decided to join back to my alliance the game started to lag and all that issues came back again. Still doable, but frustrated.
  • Daddrieda said:

3gb ram, but it’s not always the key factor. The game is constantly evolving so your phone need to have the latest up to date specs to ensure smooth gameplay. Frame rate also plays a part here even if your phone have 3gb ram. The game is having more and more of beautiful ultra HD art and animations so old phones won’t cut it anymore at some point so might as well just get the newest apple or the newest Samsung (not iPhone 12 as kabam haven’t acknowledge the issue with touch input reaction + plus you can’t repair it at normal local workshop)

Bro I use samsung s 10+ with 8 gb ram but it still crashing . I also use iPhone 11pro there the same case.
  • @Daddrieda leaving my alliance has sped the game up & has made it so that i can play again so far. it will still crash just nowhere near us often. hope to be able to play again for a long time. thanks everyone that helped
  • sacoma_sack78sacoma_sack78 Posts: 142
    Samsung A20, Android 10, 1.8 GHz Octa-Core processor,
    3GB RAM. The app would crash after a period of time. Never timed it to see if there's a pattern. I have one other game I play with no issues, MCOC is the only one I experience problems with.

@Daddrieda leaving my alliance has sped the game up & has made it so that i can play again so far. it will still crash just nowhere near us often. hope to be able to play again for a long time. thanks everyone that helped

I’m sorry, I’m lost here. Did you leave your alliance? I wasn’t even sure if me leaving the alliance for improved smooth gameplay would work for you too.
    edited February 2021
    I’m starting to think that it doesn’t really matter what phone you have, of course not the old ones, as the game is ULTRA HD with rich animation and lots of mechanism that the game have evolved and introduced for many champions. The game is basically huge system so it’s difficult to know what phone really runs great with it. It’s like having two players that have the same iPhone XR... one of them experience no lags with no issues and the other experience tons of lags with added issues.
  • Daddrieda said:

@Daddrieda leaving my alliance has sped the game up & has made it so that i can play again so far. it will still crash just nowhere near us often. hope to be able to play again for a long time. thanks everyone that helped

I’m sorry, I’m lost here. Did you leave your alliance? I wasn’t even sure if me leaving the alliance for improved smooth gameplay would work for you too.
    yeah i left my alliance. the game is faster & playable. it will still crash but nowhere close to what it was before.

it would be amazing if kabam would list what devices, specs & phone providers the game runs best on.

Daddrieda said:

yeah i left my alliance. the game is faster & playable. it will still crash but nowhere close to what it was before.

it would be amazing if kabam would list what devices, specs & phone providers the game runs best on.
    Sad to see that you had to leave your alliance for improved gameplay. It can’t be helped that kabam won’t list the spec because they probably don’t even know themselves since the game is constantly evolving with higher level of animations. Take Psycho-man for example - that’s next level animations.
  • they should make it so that there are 2 versions. 1 that's the one out now for people with new & flagship phones & another that's not so graphic intense so people who have older or budget phone can play. i don't need to see cosmic ghost rider's head spin when stunned if that's what is causing the problem. wouldn't kabam want as many people playing the game as possible who could then spend their money on the game.

they should make it so that there are 2 versions. 1 that's the one out now for people with new & flagship phones & another that's not so graphic intense so people who have older or budget phone can play. i don't need to see cosmic ghost rider's head spin when stunned if that's what is causing the problem. wouldn't kabam want as many people playing the game as possible who could then spend their money on the game.

People have asked for years for a graphic setting so they can lower the resolution. There are mobile game app that offer that setting so I don’t see any difference with mcoc. I guess kabam being a billion company can’t create something nice for us. That’s capitalism.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★

ok, looks like i'm done with the game for awhile if that's the case. can't buy a new phone just to play a game during a pandemic when money is tight & the option is roof over my head or a phone

I feel u, man. It's either u have to learn to adapt to the stupid lagging and crashing or quit. The connection issues r so bad for me now, I can't even run arena - it sometimes takes 2 or 3 minutes to load between fights.

• it's funny that kabam had the time to edit this post but didn't bother giving a response
  • it's funny that kabam had the time to edit this post but didn't bother giving a response

If you want the technical answer, as to what is required in order to Download and Run the game, it is available up on the Knowledge Base Support site...

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052392992-Device-Compatibility

If you want to know what devices are needed to play it without any lagging, etc. That is subject to a whole host of other variables (not even counting the array of different manufacturers and their various products lines that they make that are out there), including things like other usage on the device from other apps, storage, current temporary memory being used in device, device settings, internet, WiFi or Cell connectivity/carrier, time of day, load on servers, load on the carriers network, load on your home internet, load on your WiFi, where you live, effect and load of various nefarious Denials of Service attacks at whatever time are being launched against various companies around the world, etc.

As well as which game mode you are in, which Heroes are involved in the fights, what Node Buffs are applicable in the fight, what AI “speed/level” is applicable for that mode/fight you’re in, etc.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I have a couple android phones lying around. All ranging from different specs. The one I have that is closest to yours is a Huawei P20 lite. It indeed is very laggy and the gameplay is not smooth and has a lot of loadtimes.
    Usually I look at the geekbench scores of phones, and for the most part the smoothness of the games is comparable with phones of the same geekbench numbers.
    The g6 has a single core score of 136. I also have a motorola g8 lying around that is around 300. Is plays pretty decently but does struggle with some heavy animated champs. My active phone is around 480. It is a Xiaomi Note 8 pro. It is not too expensive. Got it around 220 euros. But for the cost you actually get a pretty decent phone spec wise.
    There really is no need to buy an Iphone that is 3-4 times as expensive as this phone if you are just a casual player that does not do any high end war.
    On this phone I became Thronebreaker and have done everything up to and including 7.1 and an initial run in the abyss all without any problems.

There are ofcourse other factors. But if you just want some smooth general gameplay go with a phone that is above 400 in the geekbench 5 test. (just google geekbench and the name of the phone.)

If you want the technical answer, as to what is required in order to Download and Run the game, it is available up on the Knowledge Base Support site...

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052392992-Device-Compatibility

If you want to know what devices are needed to play it without any lagging, etc. That is subject to a whole host of other variables (not even counting the array of different manufacturers and their various products lines that they make that are out there), including things like other usage on the device from other apps, storage, current temporary memory being used in device, device settings, internet, WiFi or Cell connectivity/carrier, time of day, load on servers, load on the carriers network, load on your home internet, load on your WiFi, where you live, effect and load of various nefarious Denials of Service attacks at whatever time are being launched against various companies around the world, etc.

As well as which game mode you are in, which Heroes are involved in the fights, what Node Buffs are applicable in the fight, what AI “speed/level” is applicable for that mode/fight you’re in, etc.
    well according to everything there it should be fine. i had to leave my alliance to be able to play again but now it's crashing again after every round of arena or 1 maybe 2 fights if lucky in any quest. it crashed 13 times (7 on the boss alone) doing 1 round of the side quest on the heroic level. how am i suppose to play anything higher if that's what I'm dealing with on the easiest setting?

it shouldn't matter what game mode i want to play or which champ or node buffs are involved. if Kabam knows that certain champs or nodes are causing issues why release them? i understand that games will crash every once in awhile & I'm even fine if it's crashing 7- 8 times a day but when a game is crashing over 30 times a day that should not be acceptable for any business.

if it's a graphic issue release a low res version because not everyone can afford to get a new device during this pandemic when lots of people have lost their jobs & are looking for something to help them with their anxiety, stress, depression or whatever else they might be dealing with. buying a new phone or tablet isn't as important as having a roof over your head.

if Kabam showed that they care about the people that play the game it would only help Kabam down the line. people that they're forcing out of the game won't spend money on the game now & won't come back when they get a new device. they'll tell their friends not to bother with getting the game. that can add up to a lot of lost revenue.
  • Destr0yerDestr0yer Posts: 47
    The impression is that the new versions of the game introduced changes to the connectivity process. To address user concerns Kabam could have released disconnection statistics, say, per average user / hour, for the last year. I am sure the problems that are faced by Kabam are significant and there is no easy solution. But it is not right to blame and penalize players for disconnection issues if the causes are on the server side.