**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kinda feel like aegon is a bit overrated

JoshKosh557JoshKosh557 Posts: 2,833 ★★★★★
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Saw, a lotta people talking about how good aegon is but he doesn't even seem that great. Tried him vs rol winter soldier and he took 21 hits to crit even with a full synergy team. I dont understand why a champ that has so many abilities based on crits has such a trash crit rate. The debuff will legit expire by the time I crit, its awful, i'd rather use elsa for the better crit rate and debuff shrug. Now I get that some people get hit for furies, but you take so much damage and its not even that much of a payoff cuz you dont crit. If I try and take a combo in act 5, ill lose like healf my health. This is my take on it, idk why he is considered BGT over champs like sunspot. Really think he should have a higher crit rate, or maybe a guaranteed crit mechanic.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-466yvsM1v0FNkC3ipcd9slm19DZHJE-/view?usp=sharing
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Saw, a lotta people talking about how good aegon is but he doesn't even seem that great. Tried him vs rol winter soldier and he took 21 hits to crit even with a full synergy team. I dont understand why a champ that has so many abilities based on crits has such a trash crit rate. The debuff will legit expire by the time I crit, its awful, i'd rather use elsa for the better crit rate and debuff shrug. Now I get that some people get hit for furies, but you take so much damage and its not even that much of a payoff cuz you dont crit. If I try and take a combo in act 5, ill lose like healf my health. This is my take on it, idk why he is considered BGT over champs like sunspot. Really think he should have a higher crit rate, or maybe a guaranteed crit mechanic.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-466yvsM1v0FNkC3ipcd9slm19DZHJE-/view?usp=sharing

Try him out more not great one the first fight he awfully for that 2 figt at lot better
  • 16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
    His sig ability allows you to carry combo between fights. So most maps in act 6 you can ramp him up fairly far. But yes, he is the top option for both abyss and labyrinth due to the 999 combo carrying over, crazy crit rate, crazy damage, crazy utility, etc.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Aegon's biggest problem is that the higher you rank him the worse he is in general questing. Ranking him makes the fights finish quicker, before you get the combo up.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    He needs a high sig level and a couple fights to ramp up in low level content. He still won't clear, say, UC EQ-- as easily as Corvus will, but a r5 Corvus will be on the outs by around 6.2, where Ægon only grows in usefulness.

He isn't an every day champ for me, but he's a godsend for Act 6+, Variants, Boss Rushes, and Incursions. God is he hilarious to use in Incursions. Not to mention being the key champ for the biggest stepping stone in the game, the Abyss.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    If you are using a rank 4 5 star aegon in act 5, you are not going to see any benefit. Try your 4 star or even a 3 star in act 5 and watch him tear through content. He was made for long content, but he also wrecks most lanes in act 6 as a 5 star. His first fight usually takes 150 or more hits in act 6 after which he starts hitting like a truck.
  • LmaoLmao Posts: 820 ★★★
    HI_guys said:

This is a joke about people (some) comparing 70 hits of super Skrill agaisnt realm Storm right?

Nah he’s just not an endgame player yet. To OP: I see where you’re coming from, since you’re not in act 6 right now, you won’t see how powerful aegon is because you won’t get too big of a ramp up before. You can take your aegon into ROL and ramp him up a little. You’ll see why people like him so much. If your aegon is a five star, you will be using him a lot after act 6.Good luck
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★

Have you played with Aegon with even 150 hits on the combo?

Let alone 500. Lets not talk about 999.

Do you understand how his crit rate works?

Thats the thing tho, what fight are you gonna spend 150 hits on?? that's like only in Labrinth or abyss
    Just try him in UC and cav eq. Or maybe Act 6 can change your mind
    What content are you doing ?
  • LmaoLmao Posts: 820 ★★★

Troll post.

Nah, I think the OP really just didn’t know how aegon works
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    Lmao said:

HI_guys said:

This is a joke about people (some) comparing 70 hits of super Skrill agaisnt realm Storm right?

Nah he’s just not an endgame player yet. To OP: I see where you’re coming from, since you’re not in act 6 right now, you won’t see how powerful aegon is because you won’t get too big of a ramp up before. You can take your aegon into ROL and ramp him up a little. You’ll see why people like him so much. If your aegon is a five star, you will be using him a lot after act 6.Good luck
    I literally just said the same thing below you. Oooops! 😃
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    The only problem about Aegon in story mode is some paths you cant ramp him up so easily on the first fight to attain his utility . Phenomenal champ don’t get me wrong, but haven’t really seen much use of him from people exploring act 6
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    GagoH said:

The only problem about Aegon in story mode is some paths you cant ramp him up so easily on the first fight to attain his utility . Phenomenal champ don’t get me wrong, but haven’t really seen much use of him from people exploring act 6

I agree but it's personal preference. I don't use my Aegon regularly either. But some in my alliance use him every AQ. One says Aegon and CapIW were his 2 most used champs when he 100% Act 6.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. 🤷‍♂️
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

Have you played with Aegon with even 150 hits on the combo?

Let alone 500. Lets not talk about 999.

Do you understand how his crit rate works?

Thats the thing tho, what fight are you gonna spend 150 hits on?? that's like only in Labrinth or abyss
    And act 6 and act 7 and presumably act 8+
    And probably whatever comes after abyss.

But having had a quick look at your post history, you already know this.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Guys OP has already explored act 7. He is just playing with us.

That's what I said
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    I still use Aegon in normal content. Mastery also plays a part in increasing his critical rate. If you invest in lesser precision, greater precision, lesser cruelty and greater cruelty mastery at offensive tree section then it’s noticeable at the lower hits combo, but overall not needed because you just need to keep playing him in a few more times and his kit will often time critical hits 90% of the time. He himself don’t need an synergy team because at some point he will be blessed with combo shield, true strike, fury, unstoppable, 100% reduce AAR, block damage penetration, and best of all the unblockable. You are off the rail here saying he’s not good.
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    Dude, he's so good even at 200-300 hits, and in act 6, we can easily get to that combo, those damage numbers when ramped up are worth the wait, and he doesn't only ramp up on damage, he even ramps up on utility.Simply he doesn't need 999 combo out of Lol and Aol.
  • Battle_GreninjaBattle_Greninja Posts: 327 ★★
    @JoshKosh557 this is not expected from u .
    Aegon is a beauty just don't get hit in face until you have at least 150 hits in persistent.
  • ZverceZverce Posts: 76
    Hmm... Aegon is overrated... What and interesting statement... You sure you dont have some high temperature or something? There must be something...