**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: Cavalier Difficulty in 2021 and Beyond - New Buffs for February!

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    So I've done my thoughts on Science and Tech.

Now Cosmic and Skill since I've just finished 100% those quests.

Cosmic: Took me a minute to understand the concept of this node. Let the armors stack, then armor break them all. Each armor break gives a 10% chance to gain a fury when you land attacks.

Whole quest was essentially Corvus Food. Parry. Apply 6 Armor Breaks. MLM. Build to an SP2. You'll have a minimum of 4 furies. Done.

Skill: Oh boy. I don't like this one. I know I'll have to rank up HM Elsa or BWDO to make the quest super easy. I don't like using NF for this quest, except when against avengers so I don't have to try and and build an SP1 for the disorient. The way I've done most of this quest? Cable, Apocalypse and Horseman AA. If it bleeds and poisons, parry and heavy your way through the lanes quicker than using a skill champ and gaining furies. This one needs to some work to make it worth the investment of skill champs.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    xNig said:

Just a bunch of people resisting changes. Happens everywhere in everything.

Now now, we don’t have to sound so harsh bro. Just gotta show the peeps how it’s done with 4*s to win em’ over with the fact that it ain’t difficult at all.

https://youtu.be/0Wcz8mv6d14
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    rp91 said:

rp91 said:

NIC22x said:

Yeah you broke something that didn’t need fixing. The new cav EQ is garbage. Thanks for nothing.

No one tried to "fix" anything. They're doing this to give some variance.
    that variance is unnecessary and such a waste kabam always spoiling which is fine
    How is it unnecessary? I'd rather face new nodes every month than the same, old nodes that haven't changed at all.

Change is a broken bone but redundancy is killer.

Change is good but this type of change sucks these changes are not good not everyone has ranked up every champ to r5 or r4 the current rank ups are in line with the previous cavalier questing but these changes completely nullifies those rank ups and gotta do again which ain’t that easy for us unlike the top tier players so that’s what kabam should keep in mind before changing too much not about the top 1% but the rest (at least 50%)
    Again, it's not like those rankups will no longer have any use. They just won't have any use in the present. They'll have use when the previous iteration of nodes show up again. I'm not a top tier player, but I would surely prefer different nodes each EQ than the same ones each time.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Please tell me healing factor isnt for regen mutant champs??? Lol
  • MAYASMAYAS Posts: 12
    I know you guys working hard to make this carvailer difficulty fun to play but its getting more harder.
    So our advise, save your power and put back previous month buff and work on increasing the rewards better than making the game harder every month.
    edited February 2021
    MAYAS said:

I know you guys working hard to make this carvailer difficulty fun to play but its getting more harder.
    So our advise, save your power and put back previous month buff and work on increasing the rewards better than making the game harder every month.

I have to respectfully disagree with your statement, my friend. The nodes have changed, yes. But if I can still ace most paths using just 4*s alone, how does that make it more difficult. To give myself more of a challenge I try to refrain from using 5 or 6*s for most paths. Yes, it takes me a longer time to finish with 4*s, but finish itemless I still do nonetheless.

The node refreshments are a welcome addition to add more variety to each month’s EQ, kudos to kabam’s developers for freshening things up lest they start to become stale.

MAYAS said:

I have to respectfully disagree with your statement, my friend. The nodes have changed, yes. But if I can still ace most paths using just 4*s alone, how does that make it more difficult. To give myself more of a challenge I try to refrain from using 5 or 6*s for most paths. Yes, it takes me a longer time to finish with 4*s, but finish itemless I still do nonetheless.

The node refreshments are a welcome addition to add more variety to each month’s EQ, kudos to kabam’s developers for freshening things up lest they start to become stale.
    I respect your point. But if you checked this link https://playcontestofchampions.com/dev-diary-updates-to-the-cavalier-difficulty-in-2021/
    They were saying they found way to use some champions if we don't have a counter for global buff and wanted to see high damage and also less time completing this difficulty.
    In this month they only make it right with more counter of global buff only
    If we wanted to spend more than 10 hours to get one alpha 2 and 2k 6* and farm potions to do carvailer only. We all have something to do in our life and for this time consuming we can do abyss as at the end its carvailer difficulty not breaker of thrones one
    MAYAS said:

MAYAS said:

I respect your point. But if you checked this link https://playcontestofchampions.com/dev-diary-updates-to-the-cavalier-difficulty-in-2021/
    They were saying they found way to use some champions if we don't have a counter for global buff and wanted to see high damage and also less time completing this difficulty.
    In this month they only make it right with more counter of global buff only
    In response to that, we should be well aware now of the importance of having a highly diversified roster to handle the challenges of end game content or cavalier content, be it 4, 5, or 6* champs. What makes me like this month’s content in particular is because I’m able to use a wide array of champs of classes outside the recommend ones for each map and they do just fine. For instance, 4* cosmic ghost rider or g99 hold their own in quests that require classes outside of theirs. Prof X and apocalypse make a complete mockery of evade paths, albeit prof x is better suited, but Apoc once you play a few footsies to get to 100% anti-evade it’s all over.

Yes, it still might present a difficult challenge to a substantial proportion of the cavalier base, but I’d rather have the benefit of a new monthly challenge to further hone my skills than no challenge at all.

Would anyone still bother to play this game or have something to look forward to if they knew that each piece of newly released content wasn’t gonna present a challenge? I think not.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    MAYAS said:

It’s not harder, slower in some aspects, sure but it’s still relatively simple
    MAYAS said:

The rewards don't need to increase.
  • These nodes were not an improvement. They now require more specific champs, many of whom I don’t want to rank up because they’re not good for other content. The skill one is probably the worst. Cosmic is fine if you have a cap marvel movie, but what if you don’t? Takes way longer. Jeez, what a downgrade.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

These nodes were not an improvement. They now require more specific champs, many of whom I don’t want to rank up because they’re not good for other content. The skill one is probably the worst. Cosmic is fine if you have a cap marvel movie, but what if you don’t? Takes way longer. Jeez, what a downgrade.

Yeah champs like capiw, Rulk void, Warlock, CMM, corvus, Nick, Apoc, Doom, and Sorcerer are terrible outside of EQ
  • These nodes were not an improvement. They now require more specific champs, many of whom I don’t want to rank up because they’re not good for other content. The skill one is probably the worst. Cosmic is fine if you have a cap marvel movie, but what if you don’t? Takes way longer. Jeez, what a downgrade.

Yeah champs like capiw, Rulk void, Warlock, CMM, corvus, Nick, Apoc, Doom, and Sorcerer are terrible outside of EQ
    All the champs listed are ones everyone wants. If you have em, you’re using them anyways. They clear lanes regardless. So if the goal of this update was to help people clear & explore cav difficulty a bit easier, people with a 6* Doom should be out of the equation. They’re fine. But that skill node was so dumb without a Nick Fury, I actually just had to just heavy spam with Colossus. None of my skill champs regularly apply shock, incinerate, or disorient. It’s become less beneficial to the class and more beneficial to specific cheese techniques
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

These nodes were not an improvement. They now require more specific champs, many of whom I don’t want to rank up because they’re not good for other content. The skill one is probably the worst. Cosmic is fine if you have a cap marvel movie, but what if you don’t? Takes way longer. Jeez, what a downgrade.

All the champs listed are ones everyone wants. If you have em, you’re using them anyways. They clear lanes regardless. So if the goal of this update was to help people clear & explore cav difficulty a bit easier, people with a 6* Doom should be out of the equation. They’re fine. But that skill node was so dumb without a Nick Fury, I actually just had to just heavy spam with Colossus. None of my skill champs regularly apply shock, incinerate, or disorient. It’s become less beneficial to the class and more beneficial to specific cheese techniques
    Well then maybe this should tell you it's time to start diversifying your rank ups better. The whole point of continuing to rank up more champs is to be able to counter more things. Rank less champs that do the same things and more that do something different maybe.
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    I think it's good. I miss the crazy damage from Angela and Luke Cage in previous cavalier difficulty though but this new one is not bad either. I explored it itemless so basically nothing changes for me personally.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

So which skill champs do you have? Screenshot and we’ll tell you who will work.
  • cur53dcur53d Posts: 285 ★★
    The science nodes don't work all the time. Didn't stop me but very annoying. Works one run with CapIW then next time didn't work at all. I've got a parry, 2 petrify, and 2 armor breaks but still have the weakness debuff. Also not getting any poisons. It's just broken.

• Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    I really don't get why there's a weakness on the science node. What purpose does that serve? If the goal was to shorten the time it takes to complete Cav EQ, adding a 50% weakness is not the way to go. I know you can get rid of it, but I'm doing the quest with Spider Gwen as the main fighter, and managing the poisons, the opponents, spider-sense and keeping a debuff on the opponent can get quite stressful. Especially with opponents like Doctor Doom or King Groot, Doom because he's a demanding opponent and Groot because he keeps purifying my debuffs
    nXt said:

For the statement that Kabam put forth that they wanted to make Cavalier difficulty easier to deal with/less of a grind... once again Kabam has miserably failed. The truth is Kabam wanted to make it tougher to rake in more money. At least that is the way it feels. The champs that I have developed for the original cavalier difficulty are now absolutely worthless for the EQ, one example Massacre. There is no way to get his bat to light with the 50% evade mechanic. This is absolute bull **** and I'm truly done with this game. I am now expected to develop 5-6 more champions to handle this new difficulty and I'm willing to bet that Kabam will just change it again to bend everyone over again. For the last year Kabam has missed the mark on nearly every thing they set out to do. Absolute garbage!!!!

It can’t really be that difficult when a 3* can own these 2 bosses, and maybe even more buy I don’t have or the energy refills to try on the other bosses so far.

https://youtu.be/74yB2DZ6tD8

https://youtu.be/WB6_uAoQ0Y4

Furthermore, the approach in switching up the nodes for cavalier is to promote roster diversity, it’s like a nudge from kabam that will benefit the player base in the long run.
    nXt said:

For the statement that Kabam put forth that they wanted to make Cavalier difficulty easier to deal with/less of a grind... once again Kabam has miserably failed. The truth is Kabam wanted to make it tougher to rake in more money. At least that is the way it feels. The champs that I have developed for the original cavalier difficulty are now absolutely worthless for the EQ, one example Massacre. There is no way to get his bat to light with the 50% evade mechanic. This is absolute bull **** and I'm truly done with this game. I am now expected to develop 5-6 more champions to handle this new difficulty and I'm willing to bet that Kabam will just change it again to bend everyone over again. For the last year Kabam has missed the mark on nearly every thing they set out to do. Absolute garbage!!!!

LMAO this is so wrong. Y'all forget that SP3s place Incinerates. If you don't know how to play a champ, just say that.
  • Judge_PainJudge_Pain Posts: 93
    Lol. The nodes in CEQ are inconsistent and super buggy. Even with BWDO’s shocks, champs were still evading. Gave up on the node and went with falcon and cg.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Drop some 4* rankup gems you stingy devs, I spent months ranking up 4*s with the trickle of t1as available compared to other resources, and now most of those rankups are defunct and I have to start ranking again for the 4* challenge, it seems you have targeted nodes that mean we have to rankup champs that aren’t in heavy rotation anywhere else (or old 4*s we had ranked up from 2017), the fact it’s combined with the 4* challenge this month makes it very frustrating,
    Soobe said:

Il tell you what this is a joke now. Make it harder than it was. And with rubbish rewards too. Am taking a break . Seatin won't even do it 100% that should tell yous that something is wrong. Won't listen/don't listen

sEaTiN. Rewards are fine, IDK what you're going on about.
  • SoobeSoobe Posts: 13
    Malinmad said:

This is very nice for the EndGame players with very deep rosters that were getting bored with the same nodes every months... However, unfortunately for me, I think it means the end of my exploration runs in Cav EQ :'(

I did some rankups to be able to do those exploration runs...

Well... It was fun for a while... :neutral:

Yeah they should just call it thronebreaker difficulty as that's who it's intended for
    Soobe said:

Malinmad said:

This is very nice for the EndGame players with very deep rosters that were getting bored with the same nodes every months... However, unfortunately for me, I think it means the end of my exploration runs in Cav EQ :'(

I did some rankups to be able to do those exploration runs...

Well... It was fun for a while... :neutral:

Yeah they should just call it thronebreaker difficulty as that's who it's intended for
    This iteration of CEQ is not even close to what TB difficulty should be.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Finally had time to work through the cavalier difficulty. Found that most of the new nodes are okay.

I did my best to use just the class specific champs per level. The only level I didn’t enjoy was the final one. I do not see this need for the unstoppable on the entire level. I tried a few different teams including doom/Symboite supreme/sorcerer supreme/tigra (5* r5 sig 200 or 6* r2+). In the end I used my “strongest” team and played around the unstoppable instead.

Overall it was still easy (for me) and a bit longer. Some really interesting fights along the way (as mentioned before the Bishop with kenetic transference).

MVPs per level;
    1.1 - iAbom - he still shines through the changes

1.2 - Warlock - only needed synergies along with him. Warlock just walked through this level with so much ease.

2.1 - Cmm - one combo and they were done. I just went in 5*/6* cmm w/NF. And a couple attacks for Mr fantastic boss.

2.2 - Black widow deadly origins - it just took one sp2 to knock out the defender. Allowed me to bring 4 attackers just for super skrull.

3.1 - I just used namor, honestly probably a much better option. I just needed Namor.

3.2 - No one really shined in this level. It was just long and boring with my “A” team.

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I can’t even apply masacre’s disorient on sp1 for some reason