**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing your first Experience with 6-Star Champions: The Boss Rush Challenge! [UPDATED Oct 17]

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Sounds tough, but rewards will be worth it.

the rewards are junk, especially if you compare them to the web slinger challenge.

The rewards for full completion of section four of the webslinger challenge were 1200 4* shards, 300 5* shards, 70 units, 6000 T4B fragment and 5 T4CC fragment crystals. The reward for completing the six fights in the boss rush are 1 4* crystal, 1000 5* shards, 175 units, 10 5* sig stones, and 10 4* sig stones. They don't map one-to-one perfectly but I would say that the rewards for the boss rush are approximately twice as much as the rewards for completing the entire section four map of the web slinger challenge. Those are arguably comparable difficulty tasks at first glance.
  • Miike, we deserve a response on challenger rating differences
  • Miike, in between grounded wisdom arguing against everyone, can you give us details on CR difference. Does a 6* rank 1 have the same stats as a 5* 4/55? Why the change in progression?
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    What groundedwisdome fails to see is that it's unfair that a r1 6*(which equals to a like rank 4 4* I believe?) Is at the same level of CR as a 5* rank 4. Like what is the logic in that, I understand harder opponents, more content blah blah. But like why make a weaker leveled champ be as annoying as a 4/55 champ in CR?
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited October 2017
    Morgan wrote: »

Let me tell you just a quick easy example to let you understand how effed up the "current" situation is.

A maxed rank 1 6* (1/30? 1/35?) without any resources spent into it will equal in strenght and CR a fully ranked 4/55 r4 5 star champion. Which takes 12 t4b, 6t4c catalists, and horrendous amount of gold, and about what, 6 months to achieve if you're averagly lucky.

Now aside from the fact they're cutting their own balls like that, how do you call it fair?

ABOUT 6* UPDATE: (kabam u can think about it)
    ................................................................................
    I UNDERSTAND THE CAUSE OF FRUSTRATION OF THOSE PLAYERS WHO HAVE MULTIPLE NUMBER OF 5* R4. THEIR INVESMENT IN 5* IS SO MUCH. IF SOMEONE HAVE NOT MUCH 5* R4 (i even dont have any 5* r3 :-D) THEY WILL B HAPPY TO SEE EASY 6* R1 EQUIVALENT WITHOUT THAT INVESTMENT.

I THINK I HAVE FAIR SOLUTION ABOUT IT. FOR 6* EACH LEVEL UP (NOT RANK UP) INSTEAD OF GOLD HOW ABOUT IT SHOULD REQUIRE 1 T4BC & 1 T1 ALPHA. THAT MAY SOLVE THE SITUATION.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    WILL SOUL BOOSTS BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS CHALLENGE? If Mephisto is awakened, this will really stir up the community in a negative way as we will come back to the forums and complain about it because for a 16% chance to proc Aura of Incineration, it happens quite often. ALLOW SOUL BOOSTS!
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    WILL SOUL BOOSTS BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS CHALLENGE? If Mephisto is awakened, this will really stir up the community in a negative way as we will come back to the forums and complain about it because for a 16% chance to proc Aura of Incineration, it happens quite often. ALLOW SOUL BOOSTS!
    Lol just bring an appropriate champ instead
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Soul boosts will not be allowed. Could be wrong but I really don't think it's going to be that hard.
    Can't believe there has been no response regarding the 6* CR. Maybe it was a mistake and they are trying to decide whether to fix it or declare it working as intended.
  • IrakliIrakli Posts: 148
    Obviously it's impossible to get a feel for Blade without caltrops.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Soul boosts will not be allowed. Could be wrong but I really don't think it's going to be that hard.

As far as I know, Soul Boosts are only usable in the EQ.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Why is everyone freaking out about the CR? You do realize it has almost no effect on your stats anyway right? Do the math and find out the impact for yourself before losing your mind's.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Why is everyone freaking out about the CR? You do realize it has almost no effect on your stats anyway right? Do the math and find out the impact for yourself before losing your mind's.

Possibly because the current challenger rating scales with champ strength, a max 3*, 3/30 4*, and 1/25 5* all have the same challenger rating, as do a 4/40 4* and 2/35 5*, and 5/50 4* and 3/45 5*.

When that is applied to 6*, a leveled up r1 6* appears to be around the same strength as a 4/55 5* that requires a lot of rare resources to achieve. Most of us want to know if this is the case or if the 6*s are just following the 12.0 CR system, and if so, then why ? This was a big point of contention between the players and Kabam.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

I don't know why people are freaking out. But I also don't know why we've heard no explanation as to why this change has been made. I think it's pretty reasonable to ask, even if it doesn't have a major impact currently. I mean, Miike said he was mistaken when he said the increase in CR was consistent. So, if it's not consistent, I'm just wondering why?

I agree that people don't need to get upset about it yet, but I also think it's perfectly appropriate that there be some explanation.

The explanation might be something the devs aren't really allowed to say. CR is fundamentally a difficulty knob and it is a fairly small one. In order for 6* champions to fit the difficulty range they were intended to have, it might be necessary for the devs to have their CR ratings be a little higher than they would have been had they followed the 3-4-5 pattern.

There's some good and bad to that. Important to remember that CR cuts both ways: it makes the content's 6* champions a little stronger against our 5* and 4* champs, but it also means our 6* champions will be stronger against the existing 4* and 5* content when we get them. And it means 6* champions have a greater lifespan as the top tier power champions. Higher CR means the game can exist for a longer period of time before the successor to 6* champions starts getting contemplated.

Officially, the devs probably cannot comment on exactly how the 6* champions are going to be positioned in strength relative to current content, and they most certainly cannot say anything about some future time when the next thing past 6* champions might be designed.

Also, it is possible that some designer made a mistake and amplified that mistake by giving Kabam Miike incorrect information. If so, they are probably not going to throw that guy under the bus: they will likely say nothing and just slap him behind the head Gibbs-style behind closed doors.
  • Kabam Doot wrote: »
    We’ve mentioned this before but want to reiterate - this is not only your first interaction with 6-Star Champions, but your first chance to give us feedback on 6-Star Champions as well! We want to know how you found their difficulty level, your thoughts on how your specific Champions performed against Six-Stars, and any other thoughts or feedback you’d like to share with us!

I’m curious what exactly you’re hoping to gain from this? The only new game mechanic has been disabled and you already have plenty of data on the challenger rating system that you shouldn’t need us to tell you if this will be too hard. I noticed you increased the distance in CR between 5 and 6*s. Are you wanting us to tell you that the r2 and 3 ones are going to be too hard? Because you should be able to extrapolate that from current data. From the outside looking in, 6*s without the adrenaline feature seem no different than 5*s to 4*s with a slight increase to CR. Are signature values and such the same? Would appreciate some insight into your expectations of “test run”.

Honestly, this feels like fluff to tide folks over since you have little new content and tons of bugs souring the overall game experience. I’d love to be told differently though.
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Sounds intense, but pretty good start for Kabam. Wondering if this means that the release will be sooner?

I have to agree with this. We're talking about a 1-2.5% difference between a 4* Max and a 6* R1. Now, I'm sure the reaction stems from the fact that it's one step higher from the existing deviation, but there was nothing saying that it wouldn't change. Logically, there has to be a separation between 4*s and 6*s, whether significant or not. That's the whole point of having different Star Levels. I won't get into the idea of transparency because they've told us what is in store. I think the term is thrown around whenever something changes.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited October 2017

I have to agree with this. We're talking about a 1-2.5% difference between a 4* Max and a 6* R1. Now, I'm sure the reaction stems from the fact that it's one step higher from the existing deviation, but there was nothing saying that it wouldn't change. Logically, there has to be a separation between 4*s and 6*s, whether significant or not. That's the whole point of having different Star Levels. I won't get into the idea of transparency because they've told us what is in store. I think the term is thrown around whenever something changes.
    The 1-2.5% isn’t the difference, that’s how much is taken away just by a 10 challenger rating difference. Not only does this not address the stat changes (Higher HP and attack for 6*), but this also doesn’t take in the boost given to the higher challenger rating.

6* will already have higher hp and attack stats, an approximate 5% other stat difference at R1 from a 4* but 5* also have higher armor, 6* might have that and another stat heavily increased too.

The 1-2.5% isn’t the difference, that’s how much is taken away just by a 10 challenger rating difference. Not only does this not address the stat changes (Higher HP and attack for 6*), but this also doesn’t take in the boost given to the higher challenger rating.

6* will already have higher hp and attack stats, an approximate 5% other stat difference at R1 from a 4* but 5* also have higher armor, 6* might have that and another stat heavily increased too.

6*s will be top-level. We would expect a deviation between 4*s and 6*s. The same way we wouldn't take a team of Max 3*s into a 5* Quest and expect them to perform as well as 4*s. There is a point to having higher levels, and it's about adding a new level of challenge. It's one CR difference. Not a great difference. It still stands that in order to complete content, you need a sufficient Roster. That's no different with the addition of 6*s.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    Hey mods... you've responded in a bunch of other threads today, why is this one still being ignored?
    edited October 2017
    It's because there isn't a good answer. I think it was a mistake. Given all the posts if there were a good answer they'd have responded.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556

6*s will be top-level. We would expect a deviation between 4*s and 6*s. The same way we wouldn't take a team of Max 3*s into a 5* Quest and expect them to perform as well as 4*s. There is a point to having higher levels, and it's about adding a new level of challenge. It's one CR difference. Not a great difference. It still stands that in order to complete content, you need a sufficient Roster. That's no different with the addition of 6*s.

I am taking three stars into the six star boss rush though :p
    SummonerB2 wrote: »

I am taking three stars into the six star boss rush though :p

Hey, if you can pull it off, I'd be down to watch. :)
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    [/quote]

Alright, I finally got word back on the Challenger Rating. The gist of it is that there was never a rule on how we tune the Challenge Rating of each Rank. Yes, the last were consistent, but this is based off of what we consider to be appropriate for the current state of the game.

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but this is the case.
    [/quote]

Well, that about sums that up. No general logic to how things grow and expand. Disappointing but expected. Can't help but feel that this is not going to go over well, when people try this content with 4* and get destroyed. It will be the end of them as we know. Any chance we get a test of the adrenaline boost before the full release of 6*?