**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cav difficulty is harder than 6.1 and the rewards are worse

I really didn’t like 6.1 on my first time through and never really wanted to face that content again until I hit Thronebreaker status.

So I’ve been working my way through 6.1 trying to finish it because I need some t5b’s after taking HB to R3.

So, I’ve depleted my resources. They ran out and I’m about 50% done with 6.1.5. When I ran out, I thought “I can usually run through Cav difficulty on the 1* box path without items”. I’ll work on that until I get more resources.

There are loads of fights that are WAY easier in 6.1.1 through 6.1.5 than fights in Cav difficulty. And I’m using the same champs I usually use to complete Cav difficulty (CapIW, CMM, Warlock, BWCV, Doom, NF, Blade, Void, HB, Hype, Omega Red, Red Mags) and fights are 100+ hits. And some are in the 150 hit range.

The rewards for 100% completion of 6.1 is loads better for easier fights. After my first Cav play through, I’m considering not completing it. This “upgrade” isn’t as great as advertised.

Comments

• BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    It's definitely not harder 🤣 for the tech one use sentinel he absolutely destroys for the science just use luke cage the new cav is way more limited on who can use but it's definitely not harder
    edited February 2021
    Crcrcrc said:

Cav difficulty is supposed to be harder than 6.1. That’s kind of the point of locking it behind 6.1 completion.

That's not really true Uc Is way easier then 5.2
    Crcrcrc said:

BabyMiike said:

Crcrcrc said:

Cav difficulty is supposed to be harder than 6.1. That’s kind of the point of locking it behind 6.1 completion.

Not the bosses. And people asked for Cav difficulty to be a challenge. That’s why it’s harder.
    No you are saying because it's locked behind 6.1 so it's supposed to be harder which it's not. But then that would be true For UC players
    Shamir51 said:

BabyMiike said:

Crcrcrc said:

When UC eq was released it was a lot harder for UC players, especially exploration.

These days, people are completing 5.2 using maxed 5* so of course UC EQ is going to feel easier.
    When I became uc I didn't even have one r4 5* and Uc was easier then 5.2 anyday
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    What I’m really saying is I’ll take a challenge but the rewards need to be worth it! The rewards are junk.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 848 ★★★★
    I only had 1 max 4* when I got UC.

You’re also discounting the variety of champs that are available today.

If you did UC a few years back, you’d be saying something different.
    MMCskippy said:

What I’m really saying is I’ll take a challenge but the rewards need to be worth it! The rewards are junk.

They aren't per say junk they just aren't worth it for the effort, but I agree should've at least buffed the rewards
    Shamir51 said:

I only had 1 max 4* when I got UC.

You’re also discounting the variety of champs that are available today.

If you did UC a few years back, you’d be saying something different.

I did do it a few years ago. Smh
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

If its harder, then why are the rewards only comparable to act 5 completion?
    Actually, id say act 5 is easier and has better rewards
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

Grean said:

Crcrcrc said:

If its harder, then why are the rewards only comparable to act 5 completion?
    Actually, id say act 5 is easier and has better rewards
    This literally deserves a facepalm.
    Yeah, because they aren't comparable at all.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    There isn't no retreat in cav eq, I'd say it's easier
  • 1 - it's easier and considerably so. In every single quest there's a node that lets a 4* champion hit like a boosted 5/65 in normal content.
    2 - If you complete and explore 6.1 in a month, sure it's got worse rewards but the Cav MeQ rewards refresh monthly so after 3 months you've got more loot. That energy was previously going to be used on UC MeQ for 2500 6* shards.

The whole point in Cav MeQ is that it's content that's appropriate for players throughout their Act 6 journey. If this is your first pass of it, I'd strongly advise focussing on chapter one before working up to Chapter 2.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Is your argument seriously that we should get permanent content levels of rewards EVERY month?!

There’s a reason the rewards are better - cause you can only claim them ONCE.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    My argument is morphing as I’m going through Cav EQ content.

Their class specific language makes me feel like I need a Masters in game theory to zero in on the right champs to use. Just tell me who the class buffs favor and if I have that champ ranked up, great! If I don’t I can be prepared for a slog through that section.

It seems like the best skill champ to use is Night Thrasher. The best science is Luke Cage. Are there any resources for best class champs to do their class specific chapter?
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    MMCskippy said:

My argument is morphing as I’m going through Cav EQ content.

Their class specific language makes me feel like I need a Masters in game theory to zero in on the right champs to use. Just tell me who the class buffs favor and if I have that champ ranked up, great! If I don’t I can be prepared for a slog through that section.

It seems like the best skill champ to use is Night Thrasher. The best science is Luke Cage. Are there any resources for best class champs to do their class specific chapter?

The more you play the game, the more you will be familiar with the interactions. As you are still a fresh Cav, it'll be perplexing but one of the best things about this game is it gives you problems to solve and by figuring which interaction is the most effecient you will be rewarded with satisfaction.

The rewards are lacking but usually the side quest compensates for it. They should buff it, but you can play the game not focusing on rewards all the time, especially, you're still fresh. Challenge yourself.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I find She-Hulk, Quake, and Luke Cage best for Science. Warlock and Hulkbuster for Tech. Sasquatch, Doom, and Sorc Supreme for Mystic. Mole Man, Nick Fury, and Elsa for Skill. Any hard hitting Mutant for the Mutant one. The Cosmic buff is kinda lacking so I just used CMM and Corvus to take advantage of it.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    OP, you cannot compare one-off content rewards to monthly recurring ones.
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    BabyMiike said:

Shamir51 said:

BabyMiike said:

Crcrcrc said:

When UC eq was released it was a lot harder for UC players, especially exploration.

These days, people are completing 5.2 using maxed 5* so of course UC EQ is going to feel easier.
    When I became uc I didn't even have one r4 5* and Uc was easier then 5.2 anyday
    Uncollected was built for 4 stars to beat it soo yeaaa
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    🤔🤔🤔