**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Blade, Starky, and GR are outdated champs in need of updates that are below top 15 in their class.

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    Glazil said:

Crcrcrc said:

Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

@Glazil look man... there are opinions... and then there's just being plain wrong. When every single person in your thread disagrees with you... that's a good indicator that the latter is true.

I could honestly care less if someone disagrees with me on these forums. I didn't come onto these forums to make friendships and have all things be rainbows and sunshine. I came here to express MY opinion on these champions. Nobody gets to tell me that my opinion is wrong.
    And sometimes these opinions are just dumb and wrong 🤷‍♂️
    Well here I am defending my opinions in a respectable manner and then here you guys are coming in trying to derail my thread with insults and mockery. If you're going to do that and not have to listen what I have to say then you can just carry on to some other post. I appreciate that nobody has even discussed my buff proposals too.
    Because the buffs are not needed. They are still great. I use stark spidey daily. Defending your opinions means nothing when you aren’t willing to change them if they are wrong or unfounded.
    I've seen your Immortal Hulk takes. I don't think you're really credible. But not like I'm bashing you for it.
    What do you mean, not credible? At least I know good champions don’t need buffs. The Immortal
    Hulk thing is mainly a joke. I can understand stuff and my opinions are open to change. I’m not stubborn and argumentative on terrible opinions.(unliss I’m defending iHulk. He’s OP😉)
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Glazil said:

Crcrcrc said:

Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

@Glazil look man... there are opinions... and then there's just being plain wrong. When every single person in your thread disagrees with you... that's a good indicator that the latter is true.

I could honestly care less if someone disagrees with me on these forums. I didn't come onto these forums to make friendships and have all things be rainbows and sunshine. I came here to express MY opinion on these champions. Nobody gets to tell me that my opinion is wrong.
    Well here I am defending my opinions in a respectable manner and then here you guys are coming in trying to derail my thread with insults and mockery. If you're going to do that and not have to listen what I have to say then you can just carry on to some other post. I appreciate that nobody has even discussed my buff proposals too.
    Because the buffs are not needed. They are still great. I use stark spidey daily. Defending your opinions means nothing when you aren’t willing to change them if they are wrong or unfounded.
    I've seen your Immortal Hulk takes. I don't think you're really credible. But not like I'm bashing you for it.
    What do you mean, not credible? At least I know good champions don’t need buffs. The Immortal
    Hulk thing is mainly a joke. I can understand stuff and my opinions are open to change. I’m not stubborn and argumentative on terrible opinions.(unliss I’m defending iHulk. He’s OP😉)
    So is the mystic Corvus
    Etjama said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

You wanna discuss em? I can do that. Ahem, "Why the absolute hell would Kabam buff 3 great champions when they're in the top 25% of champs in the game?"
    Because they aren't in the top 25%. If anything they are near the bottom 25%. I'm not responding to you anymore if you're not going to actually look at the changes I suggested.
    Hahahaha, if you think that, there's no point in debating anything. We could just declare you legally insane and call it a day.
    We could also not do that cuz we'd get banned
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    Glazil said:

Thank goodness I found out how to block someone. Anyways... feel free to not agree with my opinions but that doesn't mean you can outright call me wrong and dumb. I came here to share my opinion, justify it, and hope Kabam could get to see it.

Kabam will see it, but nothing is going to change, because this opinion is unfounded and incorrect
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

They dont need buffs.
    Glazil said:

Crcrcrc said:

Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

And youre no longer credible either, congratulations. Are you on act 6 yet or stuck on 5.2.4? I need to know to your credibility.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Glazil said:

Grean said:

Etjama said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

You wanna discuss em? I can do that. Ahem, "Why the absolute hell would Kabam buff 3 great champions when they're in the top 25% of champs in the game?"
    Because they aren't in the top 25%. If anything they are near the bottom 25%. I'm not responding to you anymore if you're not going to actually look at the changes I suggested.
    Hahahaha, if you think that, there's no point in debating anything. We could just declare you legally insane and call it a day.
    We could also not do that cuz we'd get banned
    I've read the rules and it does say that you can't talk down on players like that.
    Haha, he thinks this will stop me from talking about how wrong he is. 😂
  • Mad_Titan_ThanosMad_Titan_Thanos Posts: 77
    edited February 2021
    My personal opinion is this: Blade and Rider have fallen out of the meta. There are so many other champs that do what rider does better, and so many that do better than blade at what he does. Back in 2017, Doom didn’t exist. Sym supreme didn’t exist. Claire didn’t exist, and so on. Blades just fallen out of the meta. However, he’s still decent and don’t think he needs a buff. Rider is weak, and just feels like a burden to use, but doesn’t need a buff at the moment. Sparky is frail but he’s still one of the hardest hitting champions to this day. He’s good and doesn’t need a buff, but he lacks utility. That is my personal opinion

My personal opinion is this: Blade and Rider have fallen out of the meta. There are so many other champs that do what rider does better, and so many that do better than blade at what he does. Back in 2017, Doom didn’t exist. Sym supreme didn’t exist. Claire didn’t exist, and so on. Blades just fallen out of the meta. However, he’s still decent and don’t think he needs a buff. Rider is weak, and just feels like a burden to use. Sparky is frail but he’s still one of the hardest hitting champions to this day. He’s good and doesn’t need a buff, but he lacks utility. That is my personal opinion

Starky has tons of utility

shock, power drain, damage, shocks, ensnare, taunt
    edited February 2021
    Grean said:

My personal opinion is this: Blade and Rider have fallen out of the meta. There are so many other champs that do what rider does better, and so many that do better than blade at what he does. Back in 2017, Doom didn’t exist. Sym supreme didn’t exist. Claire didn’t exist, and so on. Blades just fallen out of the meta. However, he’s still decent and don’t think he needs a buff. Rider is weak, and just feels like a burden to use. Sparky is frail but he’s still one of the hardest hitting champions to this day. He’s good and doesn’t need a buff, but he lacks utility. That is my personal opinion

Starky has tons of utility

shock, power drain, damage, shocks, ensnare, taunt
    Ensnare is only a 30% chance on unstoppable, so I’m not counting it since it’s not reliable. Shock isn’t really a piece of utility except on selective timestream. His power drain is every 30 seconds, so it’s only in emergencies. Taunt is the only piece of reliable utility he has imo
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Ghost Rider needs a tune-up personally but Blade and Starky are still great at what they do. They don't need buffs when there are so many other champs in dire need of buffs like Jane Foster, Hawkeye, Sentry, Diablo, etc.
    Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

They dont need buffs.
    Glazil said:

Crcrcrc said:

Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

And youre no longer credible either, congratulations. Are you on act 6 yet or stuck on 5.2.4? I need to know to your credibility.
    My message isn't going through for some reason but I'm a semi-f2p (haven't spent past $100 in years) 800k rating player with 10.1k prestige who has cleared 6.1 and 6.2 and working on act 7 atm before I push onto 6.3 and 6.4. I have already explored several paths in both act 7 and 6.4 and have explored the first 5 variants with the 6th one getting worked on very soon. I've been in a top 200 AQ ally before as well as Plat 3, tier 2 war during the stubborn wars. Been playing the game for 5 years since AOU Ultron event. I'd say I'm credible to have a voice on the matter.
    Not bad, but i find it hard believe that you are top 200 aq with such low prestige. Do you have an ign? You can DM if you dont want it public.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    Faseeh said:

Starky has taunt utility you forgot to say that. Makes him very useful

I think he filed taunt under "power control" since it does help you to manage opponent's power, along with the obvious heavy power drain.

@Glazil While I agree that the trinity has fallen behind the current meta, it doesn't necessitate a priority buff over champs that fell out of the meta years ago.

While they may no longer be the most ideal counters in end game content, it doesn't mean they aren't generally good champs for clearing (maybe GR excepted, his unreliability on judgements and lackluster damage really count against him). Not every champ needs to shine and there are certainly niche scenarios where champs like sparky still shine i.e. v6 and some lanes where you can infinite sp1 stun.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Glazil said:

Etjama said:

Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

Okay, that's so wrong that I'm starting to believe that this is a troll post.
    Glazil said:

Ghost Rider needs a tune-up personally but Blade and Starky are still great at what they do. They don't need buffs when there are so many other champs in dire need of buffs like Jane Foster, Hawkeye, Sentry, Diablo, etc.

People overexaggerated when they saw my post initially. If you look into the details the changes I propose are similar to a tune-up but adding abilities would make it an update. GR needs to more reliably get his judgements off by himself and he needs to be able to stack that fury and bleed. Starky needs an extra piece of utility but nothing new to his damage. Blade needs 10% stronger AAR and a wider coverage of Danger Sense. Some of these changes could even come through synergies but Blade already needs too many synergies.
    Except why buff them when there are so many kther champs in much more need of a buff. And absolutely no one is going to believe this anyways since you already said they're bottom 25% in the game which is just... I have no words that wouldn't get me banned.
    Except why buff them when there are so many other champs in much more need of a buff. And absolutely no one is going to believe this anyways since you already said they're bottom 25% in the game which is just... I have no words that wouldn't get me banned.
    Glazil said:

People overexaggerated when they saw my post initially. If you look into the details the changes I propose are similar to a tune-up but adding abilities would make it an update. GR needs to more reliably get his judgements off by himself and he needs to be able to stack that fury and bleed. Starky needs an extra piece of utility but nothing new to his damage. Blade needs 10% stronger AAR and a wider coverage of Danger Sense. Some of these changes could even come through synergies but Blade already needs too many synergies.
    Blade does not need a tuneup anytime soon in a world where moonknight and Agent Venom exist in their current state. Starky is still really good. And GR isnt as good anymore but is still solid.
    Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

They dont need buffs.
    Glazil said:

Crcrcrc said:

Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

My message isn't going through for some reason but I'm a semi-f2p (haven't spent past $100 in years) 800k rating player with 10.1k prestige who has cleared 6.1 and 6.2 and working on act 7 atm before I push onto 6.3 and 6.4. I have already explored several paths in both act 7 and 6.4 and have explored the first 5 variants with the 6th one getting worked on very soon. I've been in a top 200 AQ ally before as well as Plat 3, tier 2 war during the stubborn wars. Been playing the game for 5 years since AOU Ultron event. I'd say I'm credible to have a voice on the matter.
    Not bad, but i find it hard believe that you are top 200 aq with such low prestige. Do you have an ign? You can DM if you dont want it public.
    I'm not in the alliance anymore but I was in it for a few weeks before I had broke my phone. I'm now currently going solo because I'm waiting for my new phone to get shipped. I have to borrow my brother's phone to just log in and use my energy everyday, can't do arena or incursions rn.
    I really want to believe you but this post is making it hard.
    Ign?
    edited February 2021
    Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

They dont need buffs.
    Glazil said:

Crcrcrc said:

Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

I'm not in the alliance anymore but I was in it for a few weeks before I had broke my phone. I'm now currently going solo because I'm waiting for my new phone to get shipped. I have to borrow my brother's phone to just log in and use my energy everyday, can't do arena or incursions rn.
    So, what alliance were you in, and what’s your in game? I want to verify that. Your credibility has gone through the roof, primarily since you don’t exactly know what you’re talking about
    Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Blade does not need a tuneup anytime soon in a world where moonknight and Agent Venom exist in their current state. Starky is still really good. And GR isnt as good anymore but is still solid.
    What Blade does need is more champions to be affected by Danger Sense. Don't know why he already doesn't have danger sense against class advantage but there's a start. Even a Morbius synergy could add that. You can't say he doesn't need a tune-up or synergy because he has such a low coverage of champs. Nobody would be willing to bring Mephisto too considering he needs even more synergies.
    Bruh, you must not understand what danger sense is. It refers to Blade's literal abilities in comics etc, it would make no sense for him to have it with class advantage. Morbius wasn't voted so he won't be coming for quite sometime.
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    Glazil said:

Before you flood my first thread with disagrees... allow me to explain my highly controversial but somewhat intriguing view. So the Holy Trinity themselves. I'm going for the Big Game here. In 2017, these three were used in so many teams out there to clear the final quests of act 5 and the mystic wars it wasn't even funny. The Blade hype was an unexplainable, but truly joyous event where everyone came together to save their hard-earned 5* shards to pull these champions. Man those were good times.

Fast forward to the year 2021. Everyone has much different demands now. Blade is sitting in their rosters, collecting dust... along with their Ghost Riders and Stark Enhanced Spidermans. Ever wondered why? Well let me explain. With the changing times, it became clear what Kabam wanted to focus their shift on: Champions with their own bundles of utility or damage and kits unique to them in some way. While these three may have kits unique to them, their utilities definitely have not held up. Let me break down each one of their flaws...

Stark-Enhanced Spiderman:
    This guy has some really nice damage even to this day, with one of the highest possible crit rates in the game still. He has a pretty fast and practical ramp up and additionally has some other tricks up his sleeve such as a decent taunt mechanic and a power drain on the heavy attack with a long cooldown. Starky also can evade special attacks with a 63% chance. While all of this is nice and all, that's really where it ends. Stark suffers from a severe lack of actual utility other than him evading specials and "power control" He just needs more... and since he does have a vast amount of features in his suit during the movie, he could honestly use some of those or something inspired by those. And let's not bother with the ensnare from the sp3 because that's just a joke in itself. Seeing as to how they made Stealthy with his different webbing types, I'd like to see some sort of modes for this guy having to do with his stark tech passive. His ensare debuff needs at least double the AAR and should be able to be refreshed in some way for the build-up required for the sp3. He is a glass cannon tech after all so I'd love for him to have more utility. Now here's the techs I'd rank over him: Ghost, Warlock, Guilly, Guardian, HB, Sentinel, Darkhawk, IMIW, Nebula, Mysterio, Doc Ock, Punisher 2099, and maybe even Psycho Man, and the Visions (bit of a stretch, not the point though).

Ghost Rider:
    Let me start with this guy's very unreliable and synergy-reliant ability accuracy. Why does Ghost Rider even need a randomized chance for his judgements when CGR can get them on-the-dot? This ability seriously needs to be scrapped and just made so he can have a guaranteed chance to place judgements with his synergies being adjusted accordingly to match his fresh kit. Now his damage is laughably low. This can simply be fixed with a tune-up in potency to his sig ability fury as well as giving him the ability to stack his bleeds and furies once a damnation is active. His sp2 should also be able to inflict a heavy incinerate on the opponent considering he literally breathes fire onto the opponent. His utilities are already solid, just his main issue is his impracticality and his very low damage output. The 15 mystics I would rank over him are: Claire, Doom, Sorcerer, Dragon Man, Sassy, Tigra, SS, MS, Mojo, Longshot, Voodoo, Magik, Mephisto, Man Thing, and Scarlet Witch.

Blade:
    The Dhampir himself... one of the champions that almost broke the game. Once you are awoken from the nostalgia trip from 2017, you come to realize that he has very little application and use in today's contents. Why you may ask? Well... to start his synergies are with champions more impractical than him but just as outdated. Mephisto is the only exception who grew stronger and stronger with each synergy but Blade himself hasn't gotten a new synergy benefitting him ever. His utility is laughable for today's standards. Only 40% AAR... boosted to 58% with Starky? That is just not enough. His regen is okay but you will have to take a lot of block damage or time trying to even get the regen off without the opponent dashing at you like a madman. What should stay with his kit is his debuff shrug mechanic as that would just make him way too annoying of a defender. But for the first thing he needs: more champions to gain danger sense from. Add another class or two to spice things up. Preferably have them be the Science and Mutant classes because of Class advantage and disadvantage. This could be an interesting way to go about him, having him dominate science champs as he should while having to be cautious against the bleed-benefitting mutant champs. This plus his villian and Mystic synergies would boost his overall useage to 110 or probably a lot less champs in the game. As he would be synergy dependent, this could be a nice trade-off though unlike Magneto he gains no extra benefits against the Mutant class. With this Danger Sense, his AAR should be 50% at least. Starky would boost that to 72%, allowing 100% AAR with the pacify mastery when they are stunned. Lastly, his regen should not have a cap on it because it drains your power and requires effort to pull off. This in pair with his AAR, debuff shrugging, and champion coverage could return Blade back to his Holy Trinity status, making him a viable champion again.

Why you need buff for champions from 2017 who are already good when compared to 2015 champions are still unusable.