**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Would this make Incursion Matchmaking way better? (hint: a Karma system)

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
So, I can't remember if this has been discussed before, but have they ever mentioned trying out a karma point system for incursions runs? Just had a rando that took the same side as I did a minute or two after I selected that side (and after we had already chosen sides in the first room), then after I somehow defeated the boss and still had all my champs alive, they chose to end the dungeon.... after the second room. I know it might be difficult to implement, but I think it would make Incursions much more enjoyable and reduce the stress of finding new friends in-game.

If you don't know what a karma system is, it essentially would either stay at full points if you do a run normally, but you would lose a point if you quit out before it makes sense (aka, when you have all your champions alive, or its literally the first room or something). Then, later random partners would be chosen both on the room you wanted to run, your team level, and karma points. People who quit out early would be forced to play with other people who quit out early, and people with full karma points would be matched with others at a similar point level. You could eventually regain karma points if you play through and end normally without screwing over other players.

To acknowledge potential problems:
I guess someone could just lose with their champs on purpose during a fight in a room if they want to end earlier.
Sometimes you start a run with a friend and only want to go through a set number of rooms then quit, but that could be solved by only using the karma system for random matching.

Let me know your thoughts.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    It is a rough, but very good idea. I personally do not play incursions, because I do not like them. But a system like this would solve occassions you have mentioned that I also ran into in the past with dungeons.
    It might actually also be nice to make a system in which your average room range is taking into account. So the average room you can get to. If you mostly get to room 7 or 8. You will be paired with someone with the same average. This way the leeches get eachother and other players are forced to get better because they would not be paired with someone that can just get them through the rooms.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    But why punish those who quit out early? Just remove the refresh timer for champs if your partner quits out in the first room.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★

But why punish those who quit out early? Just remove the refresh timer for champs if your partner quits out in the first room.

It's not as much a punishment, as they can still play, they still have the option to quit out early, they will just not be matched up with players who actually want to push farther in incursions

It's not as much a punishment, as they can still play, they still have the option to quit out early, they will just not be matched up with players who actually want to push farther in incursions
    But if you lose karma when quitting out early and are paired with other people who quit out early, how are you going to regain karma points? You're never going to reach the end because one of you will quit out early. Quitting out at any point should not result in any excess punishment/playing restriction other than losing your champions to a refresh timer.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★

But if you lose karma when quitting out early and are paired with other people who quit out early, how are you going to regain karma points? You're never going to reach the end because one of you will quit out early. Quitting out at any point should not result in any excess punishment/playing restriction other than losing your champions to a refresh timer.
    You don’t lose karma when the other person quits out before you. After a few runs of not quitting out early, you would regain a point or two. If someone quits out early on you (Because you were matched with someone else who has a habit of quitting out early), that would suck, but it is incentive for you to not quit out on someone else in the first place.

You don’t lose karma when the other person quits out before you. After a few runs of not quitting out early, you would regain a point or two. If someone quits out early on you (Because you were matched with someone else who has a habit of quitting out early), that would suck, but it is incentive for you to not quit out on someone else in the first place.
    People quit out because they don't have time for another run, or something comes up. How would that affect karma? I just don't think there should be any repercussions for quitting.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I am with @Notsavage19 on this one.