**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss run, any tips?

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
I’ve got a team of

5/65 Ægon
5/65 HT
5/65 Sorcerer Supreme

I’m thinking of running Hela + Angela as I don’t have void or NF so most likely I’ll be using Ægon for 90% of the fights in there. I’m going to go for 5k units before I go in but are there any tips for people who’ve done it? I’m worried about Hyperion (I’m taking the easy path ofc) as SS isn’t the best at power control (at least not compared to BWCV, Doom or Sym Supreme)

I do have a BWCV, would it be worth ranking her up and using her in place of SS or will I be ok with her?

Any tips are welcome.

Comments

• GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    TP33 said:

I’ve got a team of

5/65 Ægon
    5/65 HT
    5/65 Sorcerer Supreme

I’m thinking of running Hela + Angela as I don’t have void or NF so most likely I’ll be using Ægon for 90% of the fights in there. I’m going to go for 5k units before I go in but are there any tips for people who’ve done it? I’m worried about Hyperion (I’m taking the easy path ofc) as SS isn’t the best at power control (at least not compared to BWCV, Doom or Sym Supreme)

I do have a BWCV, would it be worth ranking her up and using her in place of SS or will I be ok with her?

Any tips are welcome.

Instead of ss, I would go she-hulk and Claire. Claire destroys cmm, meds, cull and Hyperion, and she hulk takes the champion
  • BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    Do you have sym supreme or doom?
    Or could you send a pic of your roster?

I would definetly bring heimdall as a spot though, he saved me soo many revives and units on my run. With aegon, especially ramped up, you'll be able to survive a lot longer in a lit of fights allowing you to deal a ton more damage. And in fights like the collecter all those extra hits and safety net will really be amazing
    He probably saved me a couple hundred units on my run
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    Sym isn’t power control but he controls via staggering vs hype. If u unlucky. With staggering. But he Hav safe guard to.
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    I agree that Heimdal is a great addition to the team. You'll find the extra damage you are able to do invaluable.

I'd add, you're going to need someone (way) to handle IW. I used Aegon and resonate mastery as I also did not have Fury during my initial run. It went relatively well.

Shorten your combos against Mordo to control his power gain. In typical Mordo fashion, he likes to hold and squat in the corner. That was one of the more annoying fights. It took me 3 or 4 revives before I started doing the shortened combo and once I did, the fight proceeded much smoother.

I'd consider bringing Void with Aegon, Heimdal, SS and Torch. I did not bring Void.and there were quite a few fights he would have been useful for. I brought Aegon, Doom, Heimdal, Torch and The og combo king Starlord. He was ok. Void would have been a better option methinks.

The only other advice I'd give is break it up into chunks. Go until you start getting fatigued then take a break. Trying to push through can cost you revives.

Good luck. You got this.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    I don’t have a void, she hulk or sym supreme. For IW I was thinking of using Stealthy as with the slow you can’t miss, and you could be able to survive far beyond the charges run out (I’m not saying I can solo it but he can’t be a bad option)

I’ll see with Hiemdall, I’m leading towards using Proxima for the synergies but Hiemdall I can see being an MVP, he was for my LOL runs.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I don't have any experience with Sorcerer, so I don't know who would be better for Abyss.

But, I took BWCV on the easy path with me. One thing I noted was that she doesn't necessarily work the best against the Cosmic node (Unstoppable buff processing every 30 seconds, with nullifying resetting the timer). Buff immunity didn't seem to qualify as a Nullify in terms of resetting the timer, so I couldn't rely on that to reset the timer. This hurts against the Cosmics that don't have immunities, as you have to manage more the timing of nullifies, getting to SP2 to replenish your ability to nullify, and so on.

She definitely works for Abyss, but you'll have to practice with her timings.

• TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    @altavista could you just buff immunity the unstoppable or is it a passive?
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    You should add heimdall to your team. For IW, you could either do it with ageon(heal up to full and eat the power sting damage) or with stealthy(the power stings won’t stun you if you keep a debuff on her). As for your mystic, I think Claire and Sorcerer would both be okay-ish abyss options, but VtD will be a unit dump.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    TP33 said:

@altavista could you just buff immunity the unstoppable or is it a passive?

BWCV can get rid of the Unstoppable (it is an active buff, not passive) if she has Clairvoyance charges, or block it with Buff Immunity on SP2.

Now that I am remembering it more, I have to make a correction to my earlier post - If Unstoppable buff is on when you activate SP2, Buff Immunity is placed and (if I am remembering this right), the 30 second timer gets reset.

However, if you activate SP2 when Buff immunity is not on, it doesn't seem to reset the timer. For example, if there is 7 seconds left in the Unstoppable timer when you place Buff Immunity, it seems like when Buff Immunity ends the Unstoppable timer continues on from 7 seconds as opposed to resetting to 30 seconds.

My theory is that Buff Immunity is coded a bit differently, which is why it is still effective when there are nodes that cause >90% nullify failure.

So BWCV does work to manage the Unstoppable buff, but it is just that the timing of things is not what you would expect.

Of course, this is me recalling something from more than half a year ago, so if someone else has a different experience, please correct me.