**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I very much regret pushing for thronebreaker prematurely, Cavs don't force it.

13»

Comments

• Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    From December to about January 3, I raced through 6.3, 6.4 and 7.1. I cleared v6, and finished 100% v5. I spent 3500 units on the 7.1 exploration offer because that 15% selector would guarantee me Thronebreaker. Those were units I refused to spend on garbage Black Friday offers. My other classes were 50-60% (2 classes) and more like 20% (3 classes). I waffled between Emma and Sabertooth, but went with Emma.

It’s been worth it for a few reasons - the t5cc in the glory store, the monthly calendar, daily crystals and discounted t5b.

I would never have spent money to do it, so I can’t compare. I usually dropped 30-50 dollars July 4 and Black Friday, but opted out this time. I also saved 6-star shards and bought the sigil for discount features and I’ve been very happy there.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    OP, tell us who you took to r3... pretty please?

:#
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Ironically, an old ally mate were chatting yesterday about how we felt bad for the players who dropped cash on some or all of the T5c deals offered in advance of BF/CM and/or pushed like mad to hit TB before the holiday gift.

My experience over a month or so...

I’m sure someone somewhere has gotten epic pulls from the Daily, but I haven’t sniffed one since I hit TB.

Is there a sense of accumulating decent stuff daily? Sure, but it’s more like a couple of Map 5 crystals a day thus far. That’s not what gets sold re: the dailies on forums—I recall the adjective “game-changing” being tossed around back in December.

As for the event offers, I missed them because I was just short of a T5c (I passed on all the “spend for T5c” offers leading up). But they did look like nice prizes in return for your cash/units.

The calendar 5% is definitely nice. Glory for a 5% also great. So is the Sigil 6* featured discount (which I pay $9.99 a month for). The four-hours are higher level pots but drop in about the same ratios, and it is a pleasant surprise to discover you’ve formed a shard Cav crystal every two weeks. Plus you can now spend just 175 units on a regular Cav instead of 200 units, so that’s an improvement.

I’m sure I forgot about something—but is all that worth a couple hundred bucks? Probably not. Is it worth shooting for over time? Probably so, which I think is what OP suggests.

To temper anyone’s Daily TB expectations, I will refer back to @DNA3000 ’s chart in this thread:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/248093/should-i-become-thronebreaker/p1

That gives you a fair idea of what to expect over a few months for Daily drops. My shorter TB experience conforms to his, albeit without the higher end Daily pulls that I’m sure are just around the corner.

Dr. Zola

The daily crystal has been game changing for me. I no longer do the t4b arena. If that was what kabam meant by game changing they nailed it. Outside of t4b dropping in 5 out of 7 of my weekly daily crystal pulls yes its about the equivalent of a couple map 5 crystals a month. Been thronebreaker since December 1. The cyber weekend offers were definitely better bang for your buck but not getting them was no huge loss. That money was better spent on the new play station.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Dshu said:

DrZola said:

Ironically, an old ally mate were chatting yesterday about how we felt bad for the players who dropped cash on some or all of the T5c deals offered in advance of BF/CM and/or pushed like mad to hit TB before the holiday gift.

My experience over a month or so...

I’m sure someone somewhere has gotten epic pulls from the Daily, but I haven’t sniffed one since I hit TB.

Is there a sense of accumulating decent stuff daily? Sure, but it’s more like a couple of Map 5 crystals a day thus far. That’s not what gets sold re: the dailies on forums—I recall the adjective “game-changing” being tossed around back in December.

As for the event offers, I missed them because I was just short of a T5c (I passed on all the “spend for T5c” offers leading up). But they did look like nice prizes in return for your cash/units.

The calendar 5% is definitely nice. Glory for a 5% also great. So is the Sigil 6* featured discount (which I pay $9.99 a month for). The four-hours are higher level pots but drop in about the same ratios, and it is a pleasant surprise to discover you’ve formed a shard Cav crystal every two weeks. Plus you can now spend just 175 units on a regular Cav instead of 200 units, so that’s an improvement.

I’m sure I forgot about something—but is all that worth a couple hundred bucks? Probably not. Is it worth shooting for over time? Probably so, which I think is what OP suggests.

To temper anyone’s Daily TB expectations, I will refer back to @DNA3000 ’s chart in this thread:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/248093/should-i-become-thronebreaker/p1

That gives you a fair idea of what to expect over a few months for Daily drops. My shorter TB experience conforms to his, albeit without the higher end Daily pulls that I’m sure are just around the corner.

Dr. Zola

The daily crystal has been game changing for me. I no longer do the t4b arena. If that was what kabam meant by game changing they nailed it. Outside of t4b dropping in 5 out of 7 of my weekly daily crystal pulls yes its about the equivalent of a couple map 5 crystals a month. Been thronebreaker since December 1. The cyber weekend offers were definitely better bang for your buck but not getting them was no huge loss. That money was better spent on the new play station.
    Full T4b would be pretty good. Assuming half a T4 cat is the low end of possible pulls, then I am the yin to some happy Thronebreaker’s yang. Or is it the other way around?

Dr. Zola
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    Main draw is Daily crystals and updated glory/ black iso store. 4 hour crystals are ok...
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @BadPullsMarco Who'd you rank?