**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Share your really dumb rankups...

2»

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

I ranked airwalker up over an awakened bishop...
    I still question my sanity🙂

I mean uh
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Dumb Rankup:

I’m sorry KD
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

Lvernon15 said:

Kerneas said:

Sentry (1st r4 5*)
    Omega Red (r4 5* + awake + 100 sigs)

How on earth is omega a dumb rankup
    Simple, I dont run suicides. Without them, even with synergies he loses a lot of value. He can still be used, but I dont have place for him on my team, and neither do I like playing him.

So, it is dumb in a way that I ranked up a champ I dislike, pumped all my mutant in him and now I miss those for my Colossus. It was dumb decision, because I listened to other people's advice and acted against my own mind
    How do u play omega red? Maybe you're doing something wrong because I get a lot of value out of him even without suicides
    I try to use the ST synergy (ST I enjoy playing, so when I take OR, I try find place for ST). Also, Void is a champ I love, so I take him with those two for even more dmg

Start of fight parry (I cant entercept yet), try being aggressive. At ~7-10 spores I parry and heavy (I try to charge as long as possible for more spores). Then I usually bait SP1 that the opponent has and try to keep close and refresh the degen, once again at 10 spores ideally.

As for my SPs, I am only using SP2s for the death field and try to keep up as many spores as I can. I also try to end fights w SP1 for regen.

Is there any better playstyle? I would actually love to know, because Colossus and OR work great together

I have to add that I dont usually succeed at being aggressive enough and baiting the SPs fast enough. Also, I find it very hard to time my parries just when the degen ends, so that I have 100% uptime.
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

Lvernon15 said:

Kerneas said:

Sentry (1st r4 5*)

Simple, I dont run suicides. Without them, even with synergies he loses a lot of value. He can still be used, but I dont have place for him on my team, and neither do I like playing him.

So, it is dumb in a way that I ranked up a champ I dislike, pumped all my mutant in him and now I miss those for my Colossus. It was dumb decision, because I listened to other people's advice and acted against my own mind
    How do u play omega red? Maybe you're doing something wrong because I get a lot of value out of him even without suicides
    I try to use the ST synergy (ST I enjoy playing, so when I take OR, I try find place for ST). Also, Void is a champ I love, so I take him with those two for even more dmg

Start of fight parry (I cant entercept yet), try being aggressive. At ~7-10 spores I parry and heavy (I try to charge as long as possible for more spores). Then I usually bait SP1 that the opponent has and try to keep close and refresh the degen, once again at 10 spores ideally.

As for my SPs, I am only using SP2s for the death field and try to keep up as many spores as I can. I also try to end fights w SP1 for regen.

Is there any better playstyle? I would actually love to know, because Colossus and OR work great together

I have to add that I dont usually succeed at being aggressive enough and baiting the SPs fast enough. Also, I find it very hard to time my parries just when the degen ends, so that I have 100% uptime.
    I don't see anything wrong here by any means, that's pretty much how u play him without suicides, I generally tend to get a parry in right before the end of the degen timer to refresh the degen, and then bait specials or do normal combos

Also I find it counterintuitive to be aggressive while playing omega, after the parry at the start of the fight, I do very slow combos to build up the spores, get another parry and then wait out the whole stun and then throw the heavy to get the degen going

For me personally, I don't mind his degen damage at 10 spores, it's acceptable enough for me, not to mention the fact that I can just regen 13-14% healthier with just one sp1, which I throw a lot to stay topped up, mostly because of my paranoia over my health bar, I like to keep it as high as possible.

But it's cool, everyone has a different interpretation of "good DPS", but you'll never regret having a omega at high sig, his usefulness is vast

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

Lvernon15 said:

Kerneas said:

Sentry (1st r4 5*)

I don't see anything wrong here by any means, that's pretty much how u play him without suicides, I generally tend to get a parry in right before the end of the degen timer to refresh the degen, and then bait specials or do normal combos

Also I find it counterintuitive to be aggressive while playing omega, after the parry at the start of the fight, I do very slow combos to build up the spores, get another parry and then wait out the whole stun and then throw the heavy to get the degen going

For me personally, I don't mind his degen damage at 10 spores, it's acceptable enough for me, not to mention the fact that I can just regen 13-14% healthier with just one sp1, which I throw a lot to stay topped up, mostly because of my paranoia over my health bar, I like to keep it as high as possible.

But it's cool, everyone has a different interpretation of "good DPS", but you'll never regret having a omega at high sig, his usefulness is vast

I will try to slow down a bit, maybe that's it.

Also, where is he particularly useful? Non contact hits for Korg and Electro, poison anf partial bleed immunity. From my experience, biohazard bleeds still do a crapton of damage, enough to take tens of percent of hp each fight.
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

Lvernon15 said:

Kerneas said:

Sentry (1st r4 5*)

Also, where is he particularly useful? Non contact hits for Korg and Electro, poison anf partial bleed immunity. From my experience, biohazard bleeds still do a crapton of damage, enough to take tens of percent of hp each fight.
    You forgot magik, and korg is really important because he is a common war placement on mix master
  • NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★
    Not as big as other rank ups but at the time I did it it was a big deal for me: taking juggernaut as my first R3 5*
  • Cam97Cam97 Posts: 364
    Cam97 said:

When the Spider-Man event Quest came out I had no solid evade counters so I rR4 my 5 star night Thrasher unduped and at that time and really still to this day Rank 4. on a five-star is not some cheap easy thing for me. This was compacted when I don't remember if she Hulk was already buffed and I got her then or I had her and the buff was released after that event but it taught me a valuable lesson to never invest very highly for a monthly eq. Then I got Emma Frost and night Thrasher became strictly an option against auto block champs. Never did dupe him either

Now that I think about it emma can't be stunned by auto block while in Diamond form. Certainly not as good as night Thrasher completely bypassing it but he's not a walking immunity tank either.
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 619 ★★★
    Mine isn't really dumb, just not necessary, but I have literally never used my 5* rank 4 Medusa for anything other than arena
  • Legendary_PoeyLegendary_Poey Posts: 209

I don’t generally consider any of my rank ups dumb because I really enjoy all of them but here are some
    Of the non norm ones.

Rogue is a cool one, I would r2 a 6* if I had one.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

Lvernon15 said:

Kerneas said:

Sentry (1st r4 5*)

You gain it back from WP and if you have coagulate, you take no bleed damage.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    Mmmm... good

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

I have no dumb rank ups

Gulk is a unique one.
    No he’s not and if he’s a unique rank up he ain’t a dumb one.
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★

Some would consider this dumb. I am very happy with him.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★

Dumb ones:
    When these two came out, they werent dumb. But now...

Now not dumb ones, but unusual ones:

Those are some unusual ones, glad to see you're ranking up who you like. How is that r3 ronin doing for ya?
    https://youtu.be/ce0ouyBmrtQ
    Hits like a truck.
    Ronin is so fun to play, I’m about to take BWDO to rank 2. I would take Ronin as well if I could pull him as a six star.
    Bwdo is an awesome r2 I enjoy playing her
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I ranked up Mordo for AW defence.
    The next day I left my ally.
    That was pretty dumb.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    FRITO_Man said:

Dumb Rankup:

I’m sorry KD
    out of all of the 5 stars I've ranked up, this is probably my most regretted rankup.
    Haven't used her past act 5, sits on the bench for AWD and doesn't even get kills there anyways. :disappointed:
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★

• airmundoairmundo Posts: 145
    KRoNX1 said:

I am not dump and hence i dont have any dump rank ups. Except that one time i tried to rank up terrax . I took him to r3 as a 5* and i was out of t4 cc. But i heard abt his buff soon after soooo..... Now i dont have any regrets.

Not dump eyy? Why can’t you spell dumb then? Joke ruined..