**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Angela confirmed for buff

Comments

• RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★

Groot, og Iron Man, Iron Patriot, Superior Iron Man, og Spiderman, Sym Spidey, fix Dr. Strange and Thor back to their original power, Ant-Man, etc.

There are so many early characters that started as trash and are still hot garbage. Wish a few of these would get some love.

I would argue none of them need a Value only update. If you want, we can suggest it though :tongue:
    Just so we can put this to rest, is this a tune-up? As in, we’re absolutely only going to see numbers increases.

Or is it going to be more like an update where we get small little ability additions? I’ve seen a lot of discussion where people seem confused.

(I know this will probably be ignored but I can try)
    I was very deliberate with my messaging on this.

It is a VALUE ONLY update, which is all she needs.
    Thanks for stating that again. Just for the people in the back. Disappointing as I was hoping she would get more utility, but I’m excited to see this nonetheless. Thanks again!
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Groot, og Iron Man, Iron Patriot, Superior Iron Man, og Spiderman, Sym Spidey, fix Dr. Strange and Thor back to their original power, Ant-Man, etc.

There are so many early characters that started as trash and are still hot garbage. Wish a few of these would get some love.

I would argue none of them need a Value only update. If you want, we can suggest it though :tongue:
    Just so we can put this to rest, is this a tune-up? As in, we’re absolutely only going to see numbers increases.

Or is it going to be more like an update where we get small little ability additions? I’ve seen a lot of discussion where people seem confused.

So who decided what she needs? IMO She needed utility, not bigger numbers on her damage. If you wanted her used more, you shouldn’t have gotten rid of the eq buff that made her a goddess.
    Do you know the difference between a tune up , value update ; over haul? Red hulk was a value update and turned into a beast, yellow jacket was a value update , so was kingpin. They did minor tweaks to their mechanics to make them better. That doesn’t necessarily mean damage. A good example of this is Yellow jacket having more utility but the damage didn’t change much.

Tune-Up – Numbers improvement, no ability changes

Update – Numbers improvement & minor ability changes

Overhaul – Full champion rework

Thanks for stating that again. Just for the people in the back. Disappointing as I was hoping she would get more utility, but I’m excited to see this nonetheless. Thanks again!
    Kingpin got more utility, he can actually heal now . Hopefully Angela gets something similar where she can proc heal from combos instead of getting hit. Stay hopeful
    Texas_11 said:

Kingpin got more utility, he can actually heal now . Hopefully Angela gets something similar where she can proc heal from combos instead of getting hit. Stay hopeful
    That would be an ability change, not a numbers change. Won’t happen.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Texas_11 said:

So who decided what she needs? IMO She needed utility, not bigger numbers on her damage. If you wanted her used more, you shouldn’t have gotten rid of the eq buff that made her a goddess.
    Do you know the difference between a tune up , value update ; over haul? Red hulk was a value update and turned into a beast, yellow jacket was a value update , so was kingpin. They did minor tweaks to their mechanics to make them better. That doesn’t necessarily mean damage. A good example of this is Yellow jacket having more utility but the damage didn’t change much.

Tune-Up – Numbers improvement, no ability changes

Update – Numbers improvement & minor ability changes

Overhaul – Full champion rework

Yellowjacket was an overhaul I thought. He definitely wasn't an update. Neither was Kingpin.
    Angela is getting a tune-up

Not sure you know what you're talking about
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

MikeHock said:

If you're counting Maw as a buff then Juggs also fits in as a mystic buff

Juggy has been adjusted a few times; the last thing they I think they did was give him unstoppable at the start of the fight and that was like 4 years ago. I don’t really consider that a buff or a rework.

Magik was the last mystic reworked and again that is around 12.0 update , Early 2017.
    But honestly, Mystic is still solid. Tech needs help. Punisher 2099 and Hulkbuster are good, but the tech ship is on life support and needs fresh blood. Psycho Man is good, but he wasn’t what they needed.
    I'd say Guardian is the best Tech champ right now.
    As much as I love Guardian, it’s Ghost.
    ok, a case could be made there. I dont have Ghost and its been so long I have forgotten everything about that champ.

As for Guardian,
    - he can parry non contact attacks
    - has armor, can generate more armor
    - great resistances
    - Huge SP2 Damage
    - doesn't crit but does energy damage equal to a crit
    - Can perfect block specials, can block mutant unblockable specials
    - can power drain opponents

I find him to be a perfect balance of amazing Utility and damage.
    Don’t get me wrong, he is my personal favorite tech champ, but Ghost can do so much and is just so good she has earned the number 1 tech spot and then some.
    But what does ghost do? Higher Damager?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

MikeHock said:

Juggy has been adjusted a few times; the last thing they I think they did was give him unstoppable at the start of the fight and that was like 4 years ago. I don’t really consider that a buff or a rework.

Magik was the last mystic reworked and again that is around 12.0 update , Early 2017.
    But honestly, Mystic is still solid. Tech needs help. Punisher 2099 and Hulkbuster are good, but the tech ship is on life support and needs fresh blood. Psycho Man is good, but he wasn’t what they needed.
    ok, a case could be made there. I dont have Ghost and its been so long I have forgotten everything about that champ.

As for Guardian,
    - great resistances
    - Huge SP2 Damage

Don’t get me wrong, he is my personal favorite tech champ, but Ghost can do so much and is just so good she has earned the number 1 tech spot and then some.
    Tank sp3, gain lots of power, hit really hard, basically damaging debuff immune
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

MikeHock said:

As for Guardian,
    - great resistances
    - Huge SP2 Damage

Phasing💀💀💀
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    Yellow jacket was an update but a big one. Both yellow jacket and kingpin got the same type of buff, the moderate update. Angela is getting a tune up, so only her numbers are changing. No new abilities

• Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★

@Kabam Miike one last question. Is she the only one getting buffed this upcomming update or will there be anyone else? Like for example lets say a certain Mystic Queen

There are supposed to be 4 champs buffed in March. 2 tune ups and 2 updates. Cross your fingers, I guess
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike one last question. Is she the only one getting buffed this upcomming update or will there be anyone else? Like for example lets say a certain Mystic Queen

Admit it. You want a morningstar buff. Don't you?

Texas_11 said:

That’s in the scope of updates.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I really hope they don’t change the core of her abilities. She’s already really good, update her sig ability and make her specials do more damage and boom you’ve got an OP champ.
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

That’s in the scope of updates.
    And she isn’t getting an update, she’s getting a value update.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,584 ★★★★★
    It’s a nerf, she hits too hard in cosmic EQ.
  • MikeHock said:

If only omega sentinel won. Maybe she would have brought tech back to the top.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    I’ve gotta admit, I was surprised when I saw that Angela was getting buffed next month. From what I’ve heard she already has some decent damage, she just needs utility, I don’t know personally I’ve never really played her as I don’t have a 5 or 6 star version. It doesn’t seem like she’ll get any extra utility, which is unfortunate since as of now all she really has is her various buffs. I’m still excited all the same though. While I know there are many other champs who probably need a buff more than her, the thing is there are 2 updates and 2 tune ups, and a lot of older outdated champs need either an update or a complete overhaul so we’ll probably see more buffs like this where the tune ups are used on champs that are better than the ones that desperately needs buffs, so that those desperate champs can get the justice they deserve with more extensive buffs.
  • Cam97Cam97 Posts: 364
    awesome she was my first Havok counter. I think she was and still is a five-star Rank 3. With her synergies along with those furies there is offensive pitential there. just when the Asgardian Synergy team was losing relevance except for Heimdall Kabam drops this on us. Is it fun when meme champs suddenly become Incredible champs that are fun to use? Yeah it is but I think it's a smart move by kabam and one that I find ANGELIC.

I would have to think this is leaning more towards slight tweak rather than a full rework like Collosus one thing I'm positive should be added is that all asgardians should be poison immune. Thor and Hyperion are very often shown to be at similar power levels and it's never made sense to me that beings that powerful arent immune to poison but all the captain marvels, medusa, black bolt, and Ronan are. Or if instead of adding so many poison immune Champs give each Asgardian one that makes sense like Thor Ragnarok shock immune and Loki could be coldsnap / frostbite immune

Perhaps some nice utilities like make her immune to armor-break or even a passive armor similar to Warlock and certainly add some kick to those furies and overall damage potential.

In fact there's a lot of options with her they could completely ignore her numbers and even buffs/utilities and just make her a Synergy goddess she could do wonders for Loki Thor Ragnarok OG Thor even Heimdall and hela. But I would imagine they would be very careful messing around with the Heimdall and hella synergies as it's already the cheat death Trinity

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,798 ★★★★★
    Cam97 said:

awesome she was my first Havok counter. I think she was and still is a five-star Rank 3. With her synergies along with those furies there is offensive pitential there. just when the Asgardian Synergy team was losing relevance except for Heimdall Kabam drops this on us. Is it fun when meme champs suddenly become Incredible champs that are fun to use? Yeah it is but I think it's a smart move by kabam and one that I find ANGELIC.

I would have to think this is leaning more towards slight tweak rather than a full rework like Collosus one thing I'm positive should be added is that all asgardians should be poison immune. Thor and Hyperion are very often shown to be at similar power levels and it's never made sense to me that beings that powerful arent immune to poison but all the captain marvels, medusa, black bolt, and Ronan are. Or if instead of adding so many poison immune Champs give each Asgardian one that makes sense like Thor Ragnarok shock immune and Loki could be coldsnap / frostbite immune

Perhaps some nice utilities like make her immune to armor-break or even a passive armor similar to Warlock and certainly add some kick to those furies and overall damage potential.

In fact there's a lot of options with her they could completely ignore her numbers and even buffs/utilities and just make her a Synergy goddess she could do wonders for Loki Thor Ragnarok OG Thor even Heimdall and hela. But I would imagine they would be very careful messing around with the Heimdall and hella synergies as it's already the cheat death Trinity

Dude. It’s a value update. Numbers change only.
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    Thank you for this value update !!!
    Good job KABAM 😁
    My 6 r3 Angela is happy 😇
    edited February 2021

Well We got Iron man infinity war starky and stealthy and the supremes. But I get your point and completely agree I think everyone that plays this game wants OG Spider-Man to be of some use. Who knows without him along with the X-Men many of us probably wouldn't even be playing this game. Nostalgic
    edited February 2021

Do you seriously want those guys getting a tune up? A tune up to OG Iron Man for example would be useless as he practically has 3 lines of abilities, so it would just be a stronger armor up, armor break, and regen, and slightly at that. The same goes for the other old champions who don't have a lot of abilities. Colossus and Magneto were examples of old champs who had complete reworks (overhauls) to their kits that made them amazing. Save those old guys for the overhauls/updates not the tune ups.
    We need a term for what they did to Doctor Strange and OG Thor like the opposite of overhaul and underhaul doesn't have the ring to it.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Cam97 said:

Do you seriously want those guys getting a tune up? A tune up to OG Iron Man for example would be useless as he practically has 3 lines of abilities, so it would just be a stronger armor up, armor break, and regen, and slightly at that. The same goes for the other old champions who don't have a lot of abilities. Colossus and Magneto were examples of old champs who had complete reworks (overhauls) to their kits that made them amazing. Save those old guys for the overhauls/updates not the tune ups.
    We need a term for what they did to Doctor Strange and OG Thor like the opposite of overhaul and underhaul doesn't have the ring to it.
    A nerf?

A nerf?

Yes. Nerf will suffice. if not defense I made that post at exactly 4:20 and I paid for it dearly. Now the entire internet knows on im a big dummy and gamimg fraud.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    For all the Value Only Updates, do they release information on what values are changed?
    For example, Mole Man and Terrax were value only, but there is no change to the Champion Spotlight, and I don't know from just looking at the champion in game whether the numbers are different or not.