**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Passing up 10% t5cc side objective this month *shrugs* “oh well I guess haha”....anyone else?

Comments

• VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Also worth pointing out we only need to beat the Boss with a 4*. Not the whole Path.

@Vendemiaire . @DrZola Now you know
    Well, I wasn’t really surprised.
  • Who though this objective was a good idea in the first place?
    Banning 4*s to even get cavalier/thronebreaker, then making you use the same 4*s that they banned to get T5 CC.

Actually, the idea of restricting roster to lower rarity champs for enhanced rewards was suggested multiple times by the players, going way way back. The idea of a challenge mode where the players were restricted to only using lower tier champs to increase difficulty, with a commensurately interesting reward, goes all the way back to the older forums. I remember it being brought up many times within the context of "there's no end game content in this game" discussions. It was so common and so un-noteworthy a suggestion that I don't have any of them saved.

Also, as you must have seen by now, there are many players who have said on the forums that they are fine with it, or even enjoy it. So I don't know why you'd be implying that there aren't people who would think this was a good idea.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Who though this objective was a good idea in the first place?
    Banning 4*s to even get cavalier/thronebreaker, then making you use the same 4*s that they banned to get T5 CC.

Actually, the idea of restricting roster to lower rarity champs for enhanced rewards was suggested multiple times by the players, going way way back. The idea of a challenge mode where the players were restricted to only using lower tier champs to increase difficulty, with a commensurately interesting reward, goes all the way back to the older forums. I remember it being brought up many times within the context of "there's no end game content in this game" discussions. It was so common and so un-noteworthy a suggestion that I don't have any of them saved.

Also, as you must have seen by now, there are many players who have said on the forums that they are fine with it, or even enjoy it. So I don't know why you'd be implying that there aren't people who would think this was a good idea.
    I personally don’t remember it being suggested much in the old forums. If it was I doubt it was suggested as a means to getting the rarest reward in game.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    My ranked 4 stars have essentially been frozen once I started having more 5-stars, so it essentially represents the meta from long ago (my only science R5 is Void)

I’ve been passing on these objectives. Don’t feel like ranking multiple 4-stars, and there’s no need for R3 to complete content at the moment. If Act 7.2 or 7.3 start having R3 requirements, then I’ll change my mind.
  • MikeHock said:

DNA3000 said:

I personally don’t remember it being suggested much in the old forums. If it was I doubt it was suggested as a means to getting the rarest reward in game.
    As a matter of fact, it was suggested more than once as a means for solo players to get T4CC, which at the time was harder to get than T5CC is now.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Also worth pointing out we only need to beat the Boss with a 4*. Not the whole Path.

Well, that is not how it works at all. You need to beat the Boss with a team of 4 stars. That means a team of 4 stars for the whole path. I think this is what @DrZola was talking about. Experience matters my friend.
    No, that's not at all what he was saying. He was saying I wasn't making the same point as xNig because he had more experience, when I made exactly the same point. If someone is going to come for my comments, by all means. At least have something more substantial than prejudice.
    I have no problem with you . But, what he was asking was an opinion after having played the content and not just general statements. This is not the first time this particular objective has come around and this exact same mistake was made by many players in the first month.

As far as ranking up 4 stars go, I personally have no issues because I rank up champs as I do content and not as soon as I get them. So, I usually have T4B, T1A and T4CC in stash or overflow. I have done this challenge every time it has come up and will do it this month too. Already ranked up Hit monkey and warlock. If I need someone else, I will take them up too.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Well, that is not how it works at all. You need to beat the Boss with a team of 4 stars. That means a team of 4 stars for the whole path. I think this is what @DrZola was talking about. Experience matters my friend.
    No, that's not at all what he was saying. He was saying I wasn't making the same point as xNig because he had more experience, when I made exactly the same point. If someone is going to come for my comments, by all means. At least have something more substantial than prejudice.
    I have no problem with you . But, what he was asking was an opinion after having played the content and not just general statements. This is not the first time this particular objective has come around and this exact same mistake was made by many players in the first month.

As far as ranking up 4 stars go, I personally have no issues because I rank up champs as I do content and not as soon as I get them. So, I usually have T4B, T1A and T4CC in stash or overflow. I have done this challenge every time it has come up and will do it this month too. Already ranked up Hit monkey and warlock. If I need someone else, I will take them up too.
    He was arguing for no reason. All I said was xNig made the same point I made about people being too stubborn to Rank their 4*s. We said the same thing. All I was saying was I agree. However flagrantly he worded it, all it boiled down to was "We don't care what you say because he has more experience.". Which might be an opinion, but you can't argue whether I said the same thing or not based on that prejudice, because I either said the same thing or I didn't. Which I did.
    Again, it was a weak argument to a simple point, and it just displayed the ignorance towards anything I say.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

MikeHock said:

DNA3000 said:

As a matter of fact, it was suggested more than once as a means for solo players to get T4CC, which at the time was harder to get than T5CC is now.
    Yes. It's been suggested for a long time, because people have been doing it a long time, back to the 2* ROL runs.
  • A3G0NA3G0N Posts: 75

I can relate to what the wider community is facing as I’m mainly F2P, I grind arena for units as well, and hoard champion crystals for gold to manage my resources. All these rank ups are highly achievable with proper planning.

3-R3 6*s with sig 200 is far from being F2P

• Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    A3G0N said:

I can relate to what the wider community is facing as I’m mainly F2P, I grind arena for units as well, and hoard champion crystals for gold to manage my resources. All these rank ups are highly achievable with proper planning.

Why is it..? I am also f2p with units coming from the game. I have not yet got any sig 200 6* because had poor luck in crystals but I use resources very carefully.

Example I have a r3 unduped doom and already have 60 mystic stones saved for if/when I dupe him. I’m Not going to just dump them in random champ
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    The reality is that the ability to progress your roster has accelerated from years gone by. With the availability of shards at each level increasing all the time, you can be quickly establishing a 5* roster in a few months (even less). For a player looking to future proof their roster it makes no sense to build a 4* roster beyond the bare minimum to clear content for uncollected. You then move onto 5* champs.

Having to circle back and establish more 4* champs for the cavalier challenge makes no sense if it costs you progression on your higher grade champs. You need only 4 T1A for a 4*r5, but you need 10 for 5*r3, who you can keep advancing beyond that.

I think what makes the 4* rankups less palatable is that the challenge wasn't run every month, so if you ranked champs for it, you didn't always get the payoff each month. Now you need to rank different champs for the new set of nodes... and it might not be run every month.

It might actually make sense to provide MORE content that takes advantage of 4* champs, not less. Then you get repeat value out of ranking those champs.

In the end, the cavalier challenge is optional, if it costs you 5* rank ups that would allow you to clear end game content, it probably isn't worth it. It isn't necessary to claim every reward.
  • A3G0NA3G0N Posts: 75
    Monk1 said:

A3G0N said:

Why is it..? I am also f2p with units coming from the game. I have not yet got any sig 200 6* because had poor luck in crystals but I use resources very carefully.

Example I have a r3 unduped doom and already have 60 mystic stones saved for if/when I dupe him. I’m Not going to just dump them in random champ
    He said he is mainly F2P but he has 3 max sig 6* champs. That is impossible without buying money offers even when you complete all content.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    A3G0N said:

Monk1 said:

A3G0N said:

He said he is mainly F2P but he has 3 max sig 6* champs. That is impossible without buying money offers even when you complete all content.
    Mainly also doesn't mean completely...
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I personally don't think its worth it unless you have all content done so you'll be using items that will expire to finish.
  • CatapoulpeCatapoulpe Posts: 101
    Don't want to waste AGAIN rank up materials on 4*. So yes this month I'm gonna pass
  • SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230
    Yeah I liked this objective pretty well, until they screwed us over with the node changes in cav. Now I’m expected to rank up a bunch of new 4 star champs when they already bottleneck us with t4 and t1? I can’t believe more players aren’t complaining about it tbh. I’ve been playing since day 1 and wouldn’t mind to rank the occasional 4*, but the node change totally screwed me out of this objective. I can’t rank enough 4* to complete it with the changes, not even if I wanted to, they don’t give us enough rank up material.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I don't mind people saying it's not worth my time, I won't do it, or it's not worth the rank up resource. Ultimately, its your choice what you want to do with your time and resource. But, saying content is too difficult and asking Kabam to change it to suit individual rosters really irks me.
    It's a game, try playing it as it is released and if you don't enjoy it, move to another game. I feel Kabam are actually running out of ideas to make it interesting because of the backlash they face every time they introduce something.
  • A3G0N said:

Monk1 said:

A3G0N said:

Mainly also doesn't mean completely...
    It also doesnt mean f2p.... why add that part at all then
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I’m mainly (90% of the time) f2p.

Didn’t spend on July 4th last year, and bought one Odin for Black Friday in anticipation of 7.1 not being such a cheese fest.

With all the sig stones available, I’ve only been able to sig 200 one 6* with all the generics I’ve gathered over all the quests.
    DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

Apologies. My mistake. You do need 7 T4Bs to R2 a 6*.

Thing is, at the rate at which 2-3 T5B are formed, we will likely have more than enough T4B by that time.

So spending some excess T1A/T4B/T4CC to make it easier to earn perpetual T5CC isn’t a bad investment.

In terms of investment, I don't get T5CC from high tier AQ, so that objective T5CC is proportionately more valuable. If you're getting a ton of T5CC now, maybe it is less so. But I can't imagine those kinds of players being starved for resources to rank up a couple 4* champs here and there either.

I think, as you mentioned, the squeeze is happening mostly to players who advanced much faster than the game historically supported, and now have needle-thin rosters (very tall in rank, very narrow in numbers) rather than pyramids. Those players may simply have to accept that their advancement was abnormally fast, and they are now hitting a wall that players who advanced much more slowly avoided by simply being forced to accumulate a much wider roster over a much longer period of time: that in essence their rapid progress was not a free lunch.
    Players like myself who have the ability to rank up 4 stars here or there but are now fully onto 6 stars and it is crossing between our rank up resources that we use for 6 stars. We may occasionally rank up a 5 star for a specific utility that we do not yet possess as a 6 star but that's about it.
    xNig said:

Didn’t spend on July 4th last year, and bought one Odin for Black Friday in anticipation of 7.1 not being such a cheese fest.

With all the sig stones available, I’ve only been able to sig 200 one 6* with all the generics I’ve gathered over all the quests.

I'm mainly free to play. I only spent on July 4th and black Friday all of last year and I have 0 sig 200 6 stars. It is partially the way I dispersed my resources but if I only gave all my generics to two champions I would have only 2 maxed out champions tops.
  • DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

Thing is, at the rate at which 2-3 T5B are formed, we will likely have more than enough T4B by that time.

So spending some excess T1A/T4B/T4CC to make it easier to earn perpetual T5CC isn’t a bad investment.

In terms of investment, I don't get T5CC from high tier AQ, so that objective T5CC is proportionately more valuable. If you're getting a ton of T5CC now, maybe it is less so. But I can't imagine those kinds of players being starved for resources to rank up a couple 4* champs here and there either.

I think, as you mentioned, the squeeze is happening mostly to players who advanced much faster than the game historically supported, and now have needle-thin rosters (very tall in rank, very narrow in numbers) rather than pyramids. Those players may simply have to accept that their advancement was abnormally fast, and they are now hitting a wall that players who advanced much more slowly avoided by simply being forced to accumulate a much wider roster over a much longer period of time: that in essence their rapid progress was not a free lunch.
    Players like myself who have the ability to rank up 4 stars here or there but are now fully onto 6 stars and it is crossing between our rank up resources that we use for 6 stars. We may occasionally rank up a 5 star for a specific utility that we do not yet possess as a 6 star but that's about it.
    Ironically, one of the reasons why I don't have a big problem with ranking 4* champs is specifically because I've mostly moved onto ranking 6* champs. There's much less overlap between 4* and 6* than, say, 4* and 5*. But I can't rank very many 5* champs due to the T2A bottleneck which would hurt my ability to rank 6* champs. But forgoing ranking 5* champs opens resources for ranking 4* champs.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

Ironically, one of the reasons why I don't have a big problem with ranking 4* champs is specifically because I've mostly moved onto ranking 6* champs. There's much less overlap between 4* and 6* than, say, 4* and 5*. But I can't rank very many 5* champs due to the T2A bottleneck which would hurt my ability to rank 6* champs. But forgoing ranking 5* champs opens resources for ranking 4* champs.
    Well I'm going to attempt the 4 star challenge this week for the first time. I have about 25 r5 4 stars but they're all older champions but I have some key ones ranked up like quake, void and NF so we'll see how it goes.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

This. If I'm ranking 6*s right now, I think it wouldn't be that much of an issue but I'm still building my 5*s. (15 R5s now, planning more counters for Act 6 Exploration).

I'm done with the challenge. I used my 4* Warlock for the creepy final boss for a good 5-6 minutes. Was it fun? Yes. Will I do it again if they put it out again? Yes. Will I rankup 4*s from time to time? Yes. Will I appreciate rankup gems even as 2→3 or 3→4? Of course. Lol. I would've ranked up Archangel or Magneto but as T4CC mutants are the rarest resource, right now, I can't, and I just got enough T1As and T4Bs for my regular 5* rankups. I still have Apocalypse, Havok, Cable, and Professor X waiting in line for them rankups then my 6* Magneto is going to R3 once I form my first T5CC, hopefully after I finish exploring 7.1. So I'm saving those.

I know it's the price I'm paying for my choice and managing resources is part of the game. This thread is just to highlight that there is a slight issue with the resource economy especially the overlap of 5*s and 4*s. Should Kabam give in to the demands, right away? Nope. But they can take a second look at the current state of the economy and if it coincides with their plan for the future to avoid inflation then it's for them to decide. We just want them to have a second look.

Most of those who have played this game longer than us will have no problem with it of course, because they were there when 4*s were more relevant than they are right now. I understand that. You will only react to what affects you directly.

But some have put their pride on it like we don't deserve what we are having right now. It's like their self-esteem is built on all the efforts they made. I respect that but unfortunately meta changes. And there are also people who play the game differently, saying you should only rank up higher tier champions less frequently because they think this is Pokemon or Tamagochi where you gotta catch 'em all and then not actually play the content because they lack the skills for it. Well, to each their own, I guess.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

I'm 99.996% F2P. Last year I only spent about twenty minutes buying things.
    Yup, when I read 90% of the time F2P... eye roll. I'm never going to **** on someone because they spend money in the game. It's often more about lack of time rather than lack of skill as reason for people to drop cash into the game. If they have disposable income, they're free to spend it on something they enjoy. But there is no point claiming a merit badge you didn't earn.

I mean... I'm 90% of the time not a cheat, liar and philanderer.
    Corkscrew said:

DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

I'm 99.996% F2P. Last year I only spent about twenty minutes buying things.
    Yup, when I read 90% of the time F2P... eye roll. I'm never going to **** on someone because they spend money in the game. It's often more about lack of time rather than lack of skill as reason for people to drop cash into the game. If they have disposable income, they're free to spend it on something they enjoy. But there is no point claiming a merit badge you didn't earn.

I mean... I'm 90% of the time not a cheat, liar and philanderer.
    Most of those who uses this 'I'm FTP…' tag wants to be separated from those players who use units can't clear content without buying units. But iIf you have the skills, then you have it whether you spend or not. Adding F2P will not make you stronger.

And I agree. Spending is more of an issue of time rather than skill in most players. Not everyone has the time to grind the Arena.
  • Spending is more of an issue of time rather than skill in most players. Not everyone has the time to grind the Arena.

I suspect most people spend for the more direct reason that they are okay with spending.

What I mean is that we could say people buy Cheetos because they don't have the time to make their own cheese flavored corn snacks. And that would be technically true. But the thought process is probably no more than mmm Cheetos and then they have Cheetos. I suspect most spenders spend in the same way: they see it, they want it, the price seems okay, and then they buy it.

To put it another way, I suspect most spenders would continue to spend even if they suddenly found themselves with more free time, just as most people who suddenly find themselves having more free time don't start making their own Cheetos. Everyone has their own parameters for what they are willing to spend and what they are willing to spend on, but inside of those boundaries I suspect most purchases are impulse purchases.