**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you get better draws from PHC's opening 10 at a time?

Do the odds of getting a 4* go up doing it that way? I'm sure someone has tested this.

Comments

• MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    do you get better odds buying 10 scratch off tickets? Someone has probably tested that too
  • I'm not talking chances, of course you have more chances, I meant is it worth saving up for 10, or if there's no difference in opening them one at a time. Still took the same time to get them, still have 10 chances, but are the odds better if you open them in clusters.
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Found either 3 or 6 is better
    We are saying the same thing, if you buy ten lotto tickets you have better chances of winning then just buying one. Individually one ticket is just as likely to win as any other but in numbers, your odds improve.
  • We are saying the same thing, if you buy ten lotto tickets you have better chances of winning then just buying one. Individually one ticket is just as likely to win as any other but in numbers, your odds improve.

Yes, I completely understood what you were saying. But since the crystals aren't preprinted lotto tickets, it would be possible to up the odds for people opening 10 at a time. Just wondering if it was better odds or didn't make any difference.
    If I just said No. Would you believe me this time?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    When you open 10 you have a slightly less chance of being disappointed because all the 2* shards might push you towards that 3* you always dreamed of.

To fuel this mystery, I opened 10 and pulled all 2*, opened the final 3 and duped nightcrawler.

But I also got a 3* gamora which gave me my first max sig crystal.

In summary, the drop rate for 4* is approximately 33%, you should expect to pull a 4* every 3 crystals if you use my method.

*The above may or may not be **** apart from the crystal drop prizes.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    If you are like me, pop 37 PHCs at one go, it's a guarantee 3*.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    The more I hold, the worst luck I have. I only open 5 to 10 at a time now. But really doesn't matter. Just opened these a little while ago

tslz4t720dto.png
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    No you don't it's all luck. I go with 5 a pop
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    I haven't really noticed a difference when you open 10 or more phc at a time or when you open less than that.

Either way is soley based on luck, you could open 10 at a time and get 10 2* or any number of variations and still have no luck and sometimes you could open one or more.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The RNG doesn't change if we open multiples. Each Crystal is a separate outcome generated. It increases your tries, though.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    May I suggest there is no way to figure out how best to pop 4*. If any Summoner put it on here, Reddit, YouTube, or another other platform, be sure that game developer will investigate and tweak it so that it will no longer work. It is futile to discuss this topic.

If I can pop 13 crystals at one go, I will do it.
    :)
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    I usually have enough shards to open between 9 and 11 at a time per advancement and get a 4 star in maybe every second batch. Last batch of 9, I got two 4 stars.

Our minds tend to order instead of chaos that's probably why we like to think that doing a pop of a set amount at a time results in increased chances. Because then at least we are contributing something to the result as opposed to leaving it all to chance.

Also, our memory isn't that accurate. We can remember that we opened 10 and got a 4 star. However, if we are opening one at a time with a whole lot of 2 star pulls, you might think to yourself, "I've opened 20 crystals and nothing!" But did you open 20, or was it 15, or was it 10 or 7? And your memory is also affected by if you're an optimistic or pessimistic thinker.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    phillgreen wrote: »
    I convinced my son that if he says the name of the hero he wants while the crystal spins, he has more chance of pulling the champ.

I laughed for a while watching him spin the crystal until he pulled a stupid AA one day. Now he does it all the damn time and it annoyed me enough to mutter "starlord" while opening a crystal which I thought no one heard, but he did..

I didn't get a starlord. He laughs at me now.

We all have our rituals. Lol. I've convinced myself that the best Drops come when I don't expect it so I keep trying to let it spin and walk away, hoping I'll come back to a surprise. After a few attempts, I gave up on that. Now I just roll the Crystal and roll my eyes.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 993 ★★★
    phillgreen wrote: »
    I convinced my son that if he says the name of the hero he wants while the crystal spins, he has more chance of pulling the champ.

I laughed for a while watching him spin the crystal until he pulled a stupid AA one day. Now he does it all the damn time and it annoyed me enough to mutter "starlord" while opening a crystal which I thought no one heard, but he did..

I didn't get a starlord. He laughs at me now.

We all have our rituals. Lol. I've convinced myself that the best Drops come when I don't expect it so I keep trying to let it spin and walk away, hoping I'll come back to a surprise. After a few attempts, I gave up on that. Now I just roll the Crystal and roll my eyes.

I tried this with 5* iceman and got him... I thought I finally had my ritual but it hasnt worked since then XD.. the iceman pull was honest 'not caring what RNG gives me' but the rest were fake so maybe thats why
  • F317F317 Posts: 78
    I opened 40 PHCs, I got 2 3*s and 1 *4. The rest are 2*.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    My ritual has been:
    1. Buy something
    2. Get on forum and say something nice about kabam
    3. Open crystals

My alliance hated my luck! :blush: Many of my best champs are from PHC.
    Just sayin.....Kabam you ROCK! Now where's that daily special......
  • EB54EB54 Posts: 77
    I think kabam has accessed our cameras to recognize a dejected look when opening PHCs and bases what you get on how hopeless you look. Or it’s just random.
  • AgentEdwardAgentEdward Posts: 65
    It’s a 2* Crystal kid if you get anything else out of that thing consider yourself lucky..
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Its all luck it doesnt matter. Our brain just tries to make connections that arent there, like opening more at a time leads to better results. Its just theories we come up with to make ourselves feel better. its all relative at the end of the day whether you pop 10 or 5. RNG