**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Passing up 10% t5cc side objective this month *shrugs* “oh well I guess haha”....anyone else?

14567810»

Comments

• VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Spending is more of an issue of time rather than skill in most players. Not everyone has the time to grind the Arena.

I suspect most people spend for the more direct reason that they are okay with spending.

What I mean is that we could say people buy Cheetos because they don't have the time to make their own cheese flavored corn snacks. And that would be technically true. But the thought process is probably no more than mmm Cheetos and then they have Cheetos. I suspect most spenders spend in the same way: they see it, they want it, the price seems okay, and then they buy it.

To put it another way, I suspect most spenders would continue to spend even if they suddenly found themselves with more free time, just as most people who suddenly find themselves having more free time don't start making their own Cheetos. Everyone has their own parameters for what they are willing to spend and what they are willing to spend on, but inside of those boundaries I suspect most purchases are impulse purchases.
    Yea, like that one time I tried for Apoc's Cavs but never got him. Never again. Lol.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Spending is more of an issue of time rather than skill in most players. Not everyone has the time to grind the Arena.

I suspect most people spend for the more direct reason that they are okay with spending.

What I mean is that we could say people buy Cheetos because they don't have the time to make their own cheese flavored corn snacks. And that would be technically true. But the thought process is probably no more than mmm Cheetos and then they have Cheetos. I suspect most spenders spend in the same way: they see it, they want it, the price seems okay, and then they buy it.

To put it another way, I suspect most spenders would continue to spend even if they suddenly found themselves with more free time, just as most people who suddenly find themselves having more free time don't start making their own Cheetos. Everyone has their own parameters for what they are willing to spend and what they are willing to spend on, but inside of those boundaries I suspect most purchases are impulse purchases.
    Actually, if anything the pandemic has taught us that when people have an abundance of time, they do tend to do things themselves. Suddenly people were buying air fryers, breadmakers, mixers etc etc.

It's not that takeaway didn't exist, it's not that supermarkets had no food. People had more time.

Some people will obviously spend regardless, because it's entertainment income. Value for money is relative. You used to spend $50 on movie tickets and snacks for a 90 minute experience... or you can spend $50 on a game that you probably spend hours in.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Corkscrew said:

DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

I’m mainly (90% of the time) f2p.

I'm 99.996% F2P. Last year I only spent about twenty minutes buying things.
    Yup, when I read 90% of the time F2P... eye roll. I'm never going to **** on someone because they spend money in the game. It's often more about lack of time rather than lack of skill as reason for people to drop cash into the game. If they have disposable income, they're free to spend it on something they enjoy. But there is no point claiming a merit badge you didn't earn.

I mean... I'm 90% of the time not a cheat, liar and philanderer.
    Acting like being f2p is a merit badge in the first place is ridiculous. Someone f2p is no "better" than anyone that spends or vice versa.

It's funny bc you often see f2p players saying things like spenders think they're better but more often than not it's the other way around and the f2p people are actually the ones with a complex
    How did this thread become bash ftp? lol
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Corkscrew said:

DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

Yup, when I read 90% of the time F2P... eye roll. I'm never going to **** on someone because they spend money in the game. It's often more about lack of time rather than lack of skill as reason for people to drop cash into the game. If they have disposable income, they're free to spend it on something they enjoy. But there is no point claiming a merit badge you didn't earn.

Acting like being f2p is a merit badge in the first place is ridiculous. Someone f2p is no "better" than anyone that spends or vice versa.

It's funny bc you often see f2p players saying things like spenders think they're better but more often than not it's the other way around and the f2p people are actually the ones with a complex
    I'm not "bashing" anyone. Just pointing out that it's funny when I see reactions like that or people on either side acting like they're superior. Who cares if someone's f2p, a massive whale, or an occasional spender who claims to be "mostly f2p"?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Corkscrew said:

DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

I'm not "bashing" anyone. Just pointing out that it's funny when I see reactions like that or people on either side acting like they're superior. Who cares if someone's f2p, a massive whale, or an occasional spender who claims to be "mostly f2p"?
    I agree that being ftp is not a badge, same as being a whale is not a negative thing. I do get irritated that when I say that we have enough resources like ISO, and then get accused of being a whale.
  • xNig said:

Didn’t spend on July 4th last year, and bought one Odin for Black Friday in anticipation of 7.1 not being such a cheese fest.

With all the sig stones available, I’ve only been able to sig 200 one 6* with all the generics I’ve gathered over all the quests.

same. One maxed r3: capiw. Others are getting there but no way to max sig 3.