**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Daredevil unfreezes and evades second hit of Iceman SP2

The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
edited October 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
I know that Daredevil evades flying objects typically but it seems odd that the first part of iceman's SP2 essentially freezes opponents in place and then he drops the ice from above but then Daredevil unfreezes and evades it. Is this really as it should be in the case of a multi-tiered SP2? Shouldn't he stay frozen and get hit with the second part as well? This should be different than the first part being a flying object. The freeze should essentially disable his evade IMO.
This may affect other evading champs too but is easily seen against Daredevil.
Can you take a look, Kabam?

Comments

• ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    I agree, it shows in his animation that he freezes the opponent. People argue that it's a projectile so DD has to evade it, but he's frozen... so how? It's pretty annoying the few times it happens.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    It seems that they could make SP2 stop evade effects during the SP2 attack sequence similar to Magik's limbo.
    Iceman already has the mechanic to do that built in.
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    It is the way how kabam designed it.... Kabamologic..... Don't need to argue....#VVIP#
    edited October 2017
    Synjunp wrote: »
    Daredevil shouldn't even be hit by any part of the SP2... I rule in favor of it being a glitch in favor of Iceman as is. DD should evade both parts of the SP2.

Well iceman has special effects against evading champs.
    For consistency I could get behind what you said I guess. Either that, or simply consider Iceman's effects on evade and make it null the evade during SP2 since he already has that utility and make both connect. It just looks wonky freezing him in place, then he evades out of it.
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    If cold snap is in place he shouldn't be able to if not I think he should evade all of sp2. But I think dd is bugged right now ronan sp2 the first hit doesn't stun him as it should right now and he evades the second part. That is new never seen it before till last aw.
    Daredevil shouldn't even be hit by any part of the SP2... I rule in favor of it being a glitch in favor of Iceman as is. DD should evade both parts of the SP2.

I kind of get what you mean @Synjunp, but the first part of it isn't really a projectile, it's like him spreading his ice powers in the air, freezing the opponent, which in turn should not let DD evade his icicle from the air.
  • ralmadaralmada Posts: 191
    Iceman's sp2 (a big stalactite) is working as energy damage. Where is the logic?
  • Yagami9999Yagami9999 Posts: 137
    ForumGuy wrote: »

I kind of get what you mean @Synjunp, but the first part of it isn't really a projectile, it's like him spreading his ice powers in the air, freezing the opponent, which in turn should not let DD evade his icicle from the air.

True but it's kinda like Cyclops SP2
    After getting 3 hits to stun daredevil, he shoots the eye beams, but daredevil evades that also
  • MarcellMarcell Posts: 1
    edited October 2017
    I disagree with you guys!!! I have Daredevil (classic) and a lot of people don't realize is that Daredevil is designed and built to evade all attacks and projectiles. This includes evading SP1 and SP2 attacks of any opponent. Point Blank Period!!! Daredevil is the only champion in this game that can evade any and all attacks and projectiles of any opponent. This is why he wasn't in the 5* crystal!! Daredevil is a beast!!!
    Marcell wrote: »
    I disagree with you guys!!! I have Daredevil (classic) and a lot of people don't realize is that Daredevil is designed and built to evade all attacks and projectiles. This includes evading SP1 and SP2 attacks of any opponent. Point Blank Period!!!

I get that, but the animation clearly shows that he's frozen. So that's why it's confusing dude.
    I disagree with you guys!!! I have Daredevil (classic) and a lot of people don't realize is that Daredevil is designed and built to evade all attacks and projectiles. This includes evading SP1 and SP2 attacks of any opponent. Point Blank Period!!!

I get that, but the animation clearly shows that he's frozen. So that's why it's confusing dude.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Same thing happens with NC. Frozen by the first part of the SP2 and he will evade out of the second part. Mentioned this several days back here: forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/158213#Comment_158213
    edited October 2017
    edited October 2017
    I disagree with you guys!!! I have Daredevil (classic) and a lot of people don't realize is that Daredevil is designed and built to evade all attacks and projectiles. This includes evading SP1 and SP2 attacks of any opponent. Point Blank Period!!! Daredevil is the only champion in this game that can evade any and all attacks and projectiles of any opponent. This is why he wasn't in the 5* crystal!! Daredevil is a beast!!!

Point blank period, Iceman has Coldsnap abilities, specific abilities for neutralizing evading champs. So it makes sense that his SP could negate that easily for daredevil, NC, spidey etc. He is designed to negate Daredevil's ability.
    He's a beast too!
    In fact the description of Iceman's signature ability is not a projectile that stops evading but the air chilling around him causing coldsnap. The same effect appears in 1st part of PS2. Coldsnap disables all evading.
    In fact the description of Iceman's signature ability is not a projectile that stops evading but the air chilling around him causing coldsnap. The same effect appears in 1st part of PS2. Coldsnap disables all evading.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. They're literally frozen, sub zero style lol. On one leg too :D.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    ... So you're saying I should rank 4 my OG DD?
    I’ve made threads about this before...

OG DD SHOULD be frozen by Iceman sp2. And rendered frozen even for the falling ice chunks. He is FROZEN! I don’t care how blind and evasive he is... if you FREEZE YOU CAN NOT MOVE!

Typical Kabam defying the laws of basic science and Marvel characters abilities.

I feel like eXtripica69 will say its because its a different universe or whatever. :D