**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why nobody is talking about this guy?

I am talking about Guardian. Yes he is popular but he deserves more. This guy just have the best raw power access in this game. I am giving an example.

I used my unduped R3 5* Guardian on the usual punch bag(winter Soldier). I launched sp1 after few moment to reach 6 force field. Then sp2. The damage is 12% of 540000 health=64800 at least. This is huge. Even ghost crit or Havok sp3 at full potential or corvus sp2 is not at par with this damage at same tier and rank I guess.

He is easy to play unlike other huge damage dealers(ex-Ghost, Quake) ,don't need any synergies (he himself is a god synergy), don't need to activate sp3 for most fights, easy access to raw damage.
Though he considered a solid god but he deserves to be the beyond god tier tech just for his raw damage .He has peculiar utilities too, his auto block saved my ass many times, I like this utility a lot.

What do u guys think about him?

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    I love Guardian he is my most used tech champ then Guillotine 2099 is next
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Fun champ. Want to have him. I don't think he is beyond god tier but if you think that I can understand why.
    And lol quake huge damage dealer.
    My videos on his massive damage potential
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    The reason he isn’t ranked higher for most people is he has less matchups he shines in than others. I’m going to assume that you’re somewhere in act 5 where the majority of the time damage is all that matters (most of the time). Now when we look at a lot of act 6 there is more narrow champion options and even though he works well it’s more practical to use other people.

Also this is coming from someone who has a r4 5* guardian who is frequently on my questing team. He is really good he’s just not as broken as some other champions.
    Zura_1 said:

I think 8 charge was enough for Deadpool...nice fight
    It was destructive feedback in act 6 I had to make sure of no errors cause if that sp2 didn't crit....
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Lots of people talk about that guy.
  • Zura_1Zura_1 Posts: 188
    edited February 2021
    Will3808 said:

The reason he isn’t ranked higher for most people is he has less matchups he shines in than others. I’m going to assume that you’re somewhere in act 5 where the majority of the time damage is all that matters (most of the time). Now when we look at a lot of act 6 there is more narrow champion options and even though he works well it’s more practical to use other people.

Also this is coming from someone who has a r4 5* guardian who is frequently on my questing team. He is really good he’s just not as broken as some other champions.

I am at 6.1...i got him few months back...use him in monthly quest cause he is fun to play with...I rank up champs which are fun to play😁😁
  • Light7Light7 Posts: 203
    I think that he is in the top 3 tech champion
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    because I still don’t have him yet

One day hopefully you'll pull him

have enough for a tech/cosmic today... fingers crossed
    edited February 2021

Good luck
    Tag me when you pull him

Good luck
    Tag me when you pull him
    thanks
    was planning on it
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    I just personally hate his playstyle
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    I'm surprised he isn't mentioned more in the context of 7.1.
    Destroys a number of the bosses, Rhino, Hulkbuster, Fortification path, power shield, backblast (not an exhaustive list, but I was always wishing he was not in AQ).

Straight up can easily solo AQ apoc.
  • PaulyoriPaulyori Posts: 230

I heard somebody is talking about ghost👻 with wasp synergy😍😍🤩
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Yeah he’s totally terrible. Only a fool would rank him. ;)

Dr. Zola
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★

• PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    The reason is cause of practicality. If you compare Guardian to g99, her damage is more practical and easier to obtain. You don’t have to build to 2 sp3’s or an sp3 with sp1 then sp2 . You have to keep ramping up/building power, and a lot of times Thats not easy for some people to stay a live depending on the matchup

He definitely has a lot of utility at high sig but the factor I just talked about is ultimately why Guardian isn’t as hyped.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    GagoH said:

The reason is cause of practicality. If you compare Guardian to g99, her damage is more practical and easier to obtain. You don’t have to build to 2 sp3’s or an sp3 with sp1 then sp2 . You have to keep ramping up/building power, and a lot of times Thats not easy for some people to stay a live depending on the matchup

He definitely has a lot of utility at high sig but the factor I just talked about is ultimately why Guardian isn’t as hyped.

The only reason be more difficult to ramp than G99 is if you are playing a node that impacts your power gain, i.e. transducer, matador, plagued mind etc. then maybe he's not the best choice (matador can work in your favour if you know what you're doing). For a lot of people, maintaining a combo is going to be harder for them than rotating specials. Guardian is not going to punish you for losing a combo... additionally he has high resistance when awakened, so taking a hit won't destroy you either.

So practical is relative, if you are the kind of person that can't keep a combo, G99 isn't going to be easier and will be less forgiving. If your argument is that you can't stay alive to throw specials then how is that any different from being able to stay alive to build a combo?
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,038 ★★★★
    I think guillotine 2099 is personally really great when it comes to protecting her Armor. She can have 6 combo shields, which protect from losing her combo. 6 shields protect from 6 hits, so basically a whole of a combo.

TBH, We actually don't/can't compare both.

Try playing guardian against a shock immune, you know how drastic the damage will fall.

Nevertheless he's a great champion, likely the only champion im hunting now in tech class (other than warlock). He's no way not been talked about, if there is a need for damage, he's definitely one of the top options, and i feels that's how everyone thinks.

Now coming back to OP's comment:
    Zura_1 said:

The sp2. The damage is 12% of 540000 health=64800 at least. This is huge. Even ghost crit or Havok sp3 at full potential or corvus sp2 is not at par with this damage at same tier and rank I guess.

Guardian really has great damage, but the others, are just more viable for most of the matchups. All the other you have mentioned have Raw damage (and Havok debuff no ones immune to). Ghost with cruelties and furies, Corvus with 4 charges, Armor breaks, and Havok with the Prowess and Plasma detonates have great potent in damage levels. Their damage is not reliant on a debuff, that has chances to be immune, unlike guardian on shock debuff.
    Zura_1 said:

He is easy to play unlike other huge damage dealers(ex-Ghost, Quake) ,don't need any synergies (he himself is a god synergy), don't need to activate sp3 for most fights, easy access to raw damage.
    Though he considered a solid god but he deserves to be the beyond god tier tech just for his raw damage .He has peculiar utilities too, his auto block saved my ass many times, I like this utility a lot.

Quake has great aftershocks, but don't compare them to specials.
    While this is actually true, that guardian is easier to play, the time and energy spent to learn both Quake and Ghost are worth all it. They surpass most of the content, in a much better way.
    Awakened Guardian has great resistances, But Ghost is literally immune to those.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

GagoH said:

The only reason be more difficult to ramp than G99 is if you are playing a node that impacts your power gain, i.e. transducer, matador, plagued mind etc. then maybe he's not the best choice (matador can work in your favour if you know what you're doing). For a lot of people, maintaining a combo is going to be harder for them than rotating specials. Guardian is not going to punish you for losing a combo... additionally he has high resistance when awakened, so taking a hit won't destroy you either.

So practical is relative, if you are the kind of person that can't keep a combo, G99 isn't going to be easier and will be less forgiving. If your argument is that you can't stay alive to throw specials then how is that any different from being able to stay alive to build a combo?
    @Corkscrew i hear you, but for starters. Even if someone could easily ramp up with guardian without issues at all, at the end of the day you still need (in total) at least 5 bars of power (1 sp3 and 1 sp2) , but most scenarios even more than that if youre doing an sp1 as well or additional sp3. That’s just very tedious to keep building up.

With g99, once ramped , you get all her damage right out the gate. And you can secure her combo just by using heavies.

Second, what if someone wasn’t the best at evading someone like apocs specials and had to take block damage? By the time you ramp guardian up , apoc has fired numerous specials on you, and yes you have resistances but lets say a day 5 AQ apoc or something. I tear them apart in seconds with g99 since her damage comes right out the gate.

This is what I mean by more practical damage.