**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Would you pay extra shards for a featured nexus crystal option?

Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests

There needs to be a better way to get the champions that you really desire. Outside of grinding for nearly 3 days straight and hoping your numbers are good enough, the only other options are to pay and hope you get lucky, try your luck at a featured crystal, or try your luck with a basic crystal. None of these options is a guarantee. Now that the basic pool is so large, if you miss your opportunity with the arena or the featured pool, you could go years before you get your desired champ, or may never get that champ at all. Having a featured nexus crystal option, at a higher price, still would not guarantee you that champ, but it would increase your odds significantly.

Would you pay extra shards for a featured nexus crystal option? 126 votes

Yes
65% 83 votes
No
34% 43 votes
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Depends on the person and price. Say it was around 25K then maybe but if it's around 50K, the definitely no.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I would, but not if it was more than 25k.

Not if it was more than 20k.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Crcrcrc said:

Yeah, I agree 50k is a little high. I just don't know if Kabam would price it at 20k though. I could see 25-30k though.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,349 ★★★★★
    I wouldnt mind the price if its a featured with 6 insane champs
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Maybe for 20k but i dont think id bother.
  • ElwindElwind Posts: 363 ★★★
    50k shard is too much.Maybe 25k
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/dev-diary-the-fall-check-in/

WISH CRYSTAL – IN DESIGN – Elements of the Wish Crystal design are in progress, but as it is a pretty big cost on the front end (building new screens, controlling how you choose your Champions, communicating how it works in-game) it may take longer than our original timeline (we aren’t moving it just yet, but given all the other things we’re trying to build, it may get delayed a quarter). That being said we will look for ways to make improvements along the lines of the Wish Crystal for the original timeline of late 2020, early 2021 if we have to delay.
  • I'd buy it for 25k max depending on how useful the pool is to my account.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    I said no because I thought you meant if it wet 50k but the max is go is 30k because there is 3 champions to pick out of
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    I definitely would but as others have Said 25k would be the absolute most id pay for it
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I wouldn't do it every time, but maybe if there was a champ I was really hunting in the pool. I also definitely wouldn't do it if the nexus cost more than 3x the featured, just take all 3 options for cheaper at that point
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,105 ★★★★★
    It’s 3 featured champs to choose from which is equivalent to 3 featured crystals (45k shards). So those of you saying max 20k shards for something like this when regularly it’s already 15k are living in a dream lol

They’d have to discount it some from 45k obviously to make it worth it but there’s no way they’d go less than 30k on something like this.
  • Not sure if the 50,000 number suggested in opening pic was a serious proposed number, or just a sample higher number pulled from some other screenshot (not sure what else has that, maybe the 5x UC Battlechip crystals, but is that in Blue ?) and then copy/pasted onto Feature pic for above.

Or else they just didn’t realize that basically, by definition, you can make your own Nexus Featured for only 45,000.
    Roll 3x Featured (15,000 each) is equivalent to rolling a single Nexus, as far as chances of getting 1 of them as being someone you want. And you also get to keep the other 2 “non-wanted” champs as well toward Dup Shards, ISO, etc.

Only (really, really, small) benefit from Nexus instead would be that you wouldn’t have the unlikely chance that 2 (or all 3) of the individual 15,000 Feature pulls could maybe give you the SAME worthless champ (unlike guarantee that all 3 options would be different champ to choose from in a Nexus).

30,000 might be a nice middle-ground cost for Nexus.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

If it was 50k you would just buy 3 normal ones for 45k total and get all of the nexus options

was just about to say anything above 44,999 shards is incredibly stupid lol
  • LiquidkoldLiquidkold Posts: 190 ★★
    This depends on the cost.
  • PapdichaatPapdichaat Posts: 86

ItsDamien said:

Crcrcrc said:

Yeah, I agree 50k is a little high. I just don't know if Kabam would price it at 20k though. I could see 25-30k though.

A little high?😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂it takes me about 6-8 weeks to get 50k shards and I’m not a new player. ( been cav for about a 1 and a half years for reference)
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    edited February 2021

Not sure if the 50,000 number suggested in opening pic was a serious proposed number, or just a sample higher number pulled from some other screenshot (not sure what else has that, maybe the 5x UC Battlechip crystals, but is that in Blue ?) and then copy/pasted onto Feature pic for above.

Or else they just didn’t realize that basically, by definition, you can make your own Nexus Featured for only 45,000.
    Roll 3x Featured (15,000 each) is equivalent to rolling a single Nexus, as far as chances of getting 1 of them as being someone you want. And you also get to keep the other 2 “non-wanted” champs as well toward Dup Shards, ISO, etc.

Only (really, really, small) benefit from Nexus instead would be that you wouldn’t have the unlikely chance that 2 (or all 3) of the individual 15,000 Feature pulls could maybe give you the SAME worthless champ (unlike guarantee that all 3 options would be different champ to choose from in a Nexus).

It was just a sample simply because I used Photoshop to cut and paste numbers. But as the post above said, you'd basically be getting 3 15k crystals to choose one from. I doubt Kabam would offer this for less than 30k.
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    Maybe for 14-16k

No more because knowing my luck I would get the choice of patriot, fixit or jugs
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    50k is too much
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    5*? No. 6*? Depends on price. 50k - definitely no
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    OGAvenger said:

It’s 3 featured champs to choose from which is equivalent to 3 featured crystals (45k shards). So those of you saying max 20k shards for something like this when regularly it’s already 15k are living in a dream lol

They’d have to discount it some from 45k obviously to make it worth it but there’s no way they’d go less than 30k on something like this.

Its not the equivalent of 3 featuredxtal at all. Opening 3 featured xtal would give you 3 champs to keep. 1 nexus featured xtal only let you keep 1 champ.

Anything over 25K would be way overpriced and i probably wouldnt even do it for 20k.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    No
  • Not sure if the 50,000 number suggested in opening pic was a serious proposed number, or just a sample higher number pulled from some other screenshot (not sure what else has that, maybe the 5x UC Battlechip crystals, but is that in Blue ?) and then copy/pasted onto Feature pic for above.

It was just a sample simply because I used Photoshop to cut and paste numbers. But as the post above said, you'd basically be getting 3 15k crystals to choose one from. I doubt Kabam would offer this for less than 30k.
    I doubt they would offer this at all.

First of all, the featured crystal itself is a highly targeted crystal: the pool is only 24 champions. Compare to the class crystals they added which have pools closer to 60 champs wide. The devs are more interested in offering more ways for players to improve their odds from the giant basic pool to smaller pools, not from the smallest pool to an even smaller (effectively) pool.

Second, the cost threshold isn't 45k, its 39k or lower. 45k is the amount of shards it costs to buy three featured crystals normally, but 39k is the cost to buy three featured crystals if you subscribe to the Sigil. Featured Nexus crystals shouldn't devalue the Sigil price, so they would have to be offered at 39k or less (at least for Sigil players). And that's probably too cheap already.

Finally, the value of a featured Nexus is so high, that it is far more likely we would see such a thing show up as a unique reward in some high tier content long before we see it offered for shards. It is simply too good of an opportunity to pass up to have such a thing show up in content they want to highlight. As a unique reward its value can be more closely controlled (if it can't be farmed, its value can be commensurately higher than something the devs have to worry about flooding into the game).
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Imagine a summoner so dumb that they’d pay 50k for a featured nexus instead of 45k for all 3 champs the nexus would have produced.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Well,
    Considering I have a hard time getting my 5* champs to rank 3 , no. For a newer player I don’t think the cost is worth having the 3 options. Better off getting 3 more basic champs, because they can help you more throughout content.

Anyone that would be the target of this, chances are they are using their 5* shards to cash in on the 6* sigil deal.

If this was a 6* nexus at that cost, it’s just too expensive. I would do 25k at most