**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Angela Buff Criticism

124»

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Didnt punisher get some new synergies? She is an old champ with no unique synergies on her. So we can expect some new ones or a modification of old one to unique synergies.
    MrChonks said:

Pulyaman said:

You know who else could use a value update? Mordo. He was released before Angela. I am patient kabam. He has a good kit. Just give him some solid damage increase and he is good to go. 😉

Tbh he’s pretty good in incursions with buff cornucopia, but If they tuned his damage to like falcon level that’d be sick
    Ah, no. If you run sector 8, opponents are pretty beefy and I don't know if I can finish the fight with good health.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Angela does need a value adjustment, with higher health pools in newer content, she needs her numbers improved in order to punch up or else her only redeeming quality (damage) would be stuck at her current limit, making her worthless compared to champs that can increase their damage through multiple armor breaks and fury stacking. This is why a champ like Hyperion is leagues above Angela currently, depending on good RNG, his fury stacking has no limits.

I could never understand all the rage about Hyperion even though he was my third 5* champ and then I DUPED him.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    It shocks me how many people can't read on here.

Tune up = Value update = numbers change (no ability changes) (Punisher 2099, Mole Man, Terrax, Angela)
    Update = Numbers tweak + a few new abilities (Falcon, Gambit, Kingpin, YJ)
    Overhaul = Complete redesign of kit (Colossus, Both Magnetos, Hulkbuster)

I don't see how people are complaining about a buff to Angela. Kabam are buffing 4 champs a month for 2/3 of the months in 2020 (The other 1/3 is 2 champ overhaul months). 40 champs are to be buffed in 2021, why do y'all care if Angela gets buffed now or in December? So many people have sig 60 6 star Angelas rotting away, this tune up is very much appreciated. Y'all complain when you get a 6 star Angela sig 40 but then complain when she's announced to be getting a buff, make up your minds.
  • PinkysegunPinkysegun Posts: 77
    ItsDamien said:

Cam97 said:

I still think it's strange the asgardians arent poison immune or thor rag completely shock immune ( or even better shocks ramp him up) and loki could be frost bite/cold snap immune.
    Like dude if all of the captain Marvel's and Ronan are poison immune the gods should be as well

I was really hoping they would focus on her synergies with loki and the thors. I've never understood why they're so unwilling to make unique synergies more often. For instance Loki could send a equivalent of a life model decoy and gain Power each time it is struck (or a falter like mechanic)

Wanna know why Thor Rags isn't completely shock immune?

Because he can still get shocked, even in the Thor Ragnarok movie.

My will... has expired.
    What makes you think that's electricity?
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Tune up = Value update = numbers change (no ability changes) (Punisher 2099, Mole Man, Terrax, Angela)

I don't see how people are complaining about a buff to Angela. Kabam are buffing 4 champs a month for 2/3 of the months in 2020 (The other 1/3 is 2 champ overhaul months). 40 champs are to be buffed in 2021, why do y'all care if Angela gets buffed now or in December? So many people have sig 60 6 star Angelas rotting away, this tune up is very much appreciated. Y'all complain when you get a 6 star Angela sig 40 but then complain when she's announced to be getting a buff, make up your minds.

Kabam mike should have just not used the word “update” he should have said next tune up is ... Angela

You cannot change the wording to show a contrast between the two “tweak” the words they used was “Value only , Update”, it’s fair to assume people confused update with YJ and Kingpin. Mike should have said next tune up. This is their legend below and how they should describe it going forward.

Balanced – Champions that are “Good Enough for Now”, or better.
    Tune-Up – No ability changes just tuning up numbers (Torch or Sentry)
    Update – Numbers and Minor Ability Changes but largely the same kit (a la Red Hulk, or Carnage)
    Overhaul – Whole new kit time. (Think Hulkbuster or Colossus)
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I love the fact she is getting a buff. I really like her as a champion but I find myself often using other champs over her. A little extra umpf could change that. And make me choose her, even if she is still a little less effective as other champs. But purely from an enjoyment side.

Texas_11 said:

You cannot change the wording to show a contrast between the two “tweak” the words they used was “Value only , Update”, it’s fair to assume people confused update with YJ and Kingpin. Mike should have said next tune up. This is their legend below and how they should describe it going forward.

Update – Numbers and Minor Ability Changes but largely the same kit (a la Red Hulk, or Carnage)
    The commonly used are "Value only Update", "Moderate Update", and "Overhaul". These are all forms of Updates.
    Thank you Mike. Going forward I can use this information to better understand where a champ lies on the spectrum of update. Mainly between “value only” and “moderate”
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

The commonly used are "Value only Update", "Moderate Update", and "Overhaul". These are all forms of Updates.
    Thank you Mike. Going forward I can use this information to better understand where a champ lies on the spectrum of update. Mainly between “value only” and “moderate”
    4th time’s the charm for the mods repeating themselves.
    Crcrcrc said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Well, it’s not that I didn’t understand , it’s that I was going off of the original terms used.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Well, it’s not that I didn’t understand , it’s that I was going off of the original terms used.

Well i do agree on the path that you guys are taking with updating champs whether it be a tuneup or overhaul. I agree with the updates to miles and BP they do desperately need it. I am curious to see what the plans are for Angela. My statement was that there are champs that need it before she does.

Oh for sure, I will definitely agree that there are Champs that need a buff more than Angela, but the list of Champions that need a Value Only update before Angela is a much smaller list.

Angela is receiving a Value Only update. That means that we'll be changing some numbers, but not adding any new abilities or modifications to her Kit. While I understand that there are other Champions that need the love more than Angela, it's important to remember what each kind of update means. We've been very explicit with the types of updates and what each entails.

I don't think War Machine or Storm need a value only update, they need something more involved.

Angela is receiving a Value Only update. That means that we'll be changing some numbers, but not adding any new abilities or modifications to her Kit. While I understand that there are other Champions that need the love more than Angela, it's important to remember what each kind of update means. We've been very explicit with the types of updates and what each entails.

I don't think War Machine or Storm need a value only update, they need something more involved.

So with all do respect miike wouldn't there be other champs that need a "update" or "tune up" before Angela she isn't even that bad... champs that have been in the game longer need to be adjusted to the current meta... OG iron man. OG Thor... for example need to be adjusted to be relevant and have some use... even cyclops is terrible no matter how you look at him...
    Dude, please read what you're replying to. We've been super clear about what players can expect and how often you'll get each kind of Buff. If we didn't choose Angela for a value only update, it doesn't mean that Iron Man would be getting a buff. He needs more love than a Value only update, and we would only switch her out for another Champ that needs a value only update.
    ^So you didn’t read any of these Kabam Miike posts?
    It was clarified what kind of buff it was multiple times
    Crcrcrc said:

Texas_11 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Well i do agree on the path that you guys are taking with updating champs whether it be a tuneup or overhaul. I agree with the updates to miles and BP they do desperately need it. I am curious to see what the plans are for Angela. My statement was that there are champs that need it before she does.

Oh for sure, I will definitely agree that there are Champs that need a buff more than Angela, but the list of Champions that need a Value Only update before Angela is a much smaller list.

So with all do respect miike wouldn't there be other champs that need a "update" or "tune up" before Angela she isn't even that bad... champs that have been in the game longer need to be adjusted to the current meta... OG iron man. OG Thor... for example need to be adjusted to be relevant and have some use... even cyclops is terrible no matter how you look at him...
    Dude, please read what you're replying to. We've been super clear about what players can expect and how often you'll get each kind of Buff. If we didn't choose Angela for a value only update, it doesn't mean that Iron Man would be getting a buff. He needs more love than a Value only update, and we would only switch her out for another Champ that needs a value only update.
    I actually missed two of those. Regardless, the word “update” was confusing for me because that was not the verbiage used in the original forum post. Mike clarified going forward what that means.

I was confused on the wording , and if he had to explain what that wording met , I do believe he understood my confusion. Semantics of “update”, was important. We would not be having this conversation if he didn’t have update in the wording.
    Well, to be fair admin comments must be pinned or should be available separately in some way. Its way too much to expect to wade through so many comments to see what the admins have written. I know they are highlighted, but for side event announcements the pages add up so quickly that it becomes tedious to see any additional information we might be looking for. Something for the admins to look into.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Well, to be fair admin comments must be pinned or should be available separately in some way. Its way too much to expect to wade through so many comments to see what the admins have written. I know they are highlighted, but for side event announcements the pages add up so quickly that it becomes tedious to see any additional information we might be looking for. Something for the admins to look into.

It's also expected from us to gather all the information we can get before commenting. Why comment something that's already been answered if you're too lazy to read? Don't be lazy and just skim through 4 simple pages of text for orange text, which would indicate a Kabam mod response. If they've answered your question, bounce. If they haven't, feel free to ask the question.

Pulyaman said:

It's also expected from us to gather all the information we can get before commenting. Why comment something that's already been answered if you're too lazy to read? Don't be lazy and just skim through 4 simple pages of text for orange text, which would indicate a Kabam mod response. If they've answered your question, bounce. If they haven't, feel free to ask the question.
    I feel like you did not read my comment fully.
    I specifically said side events. Have you seen the number of pages last month? And with the complicated side events, it is very tedious to go through all the text. Not everyone can have the time to do that. It's not laziness, it's just common sense to have the important comments pinned at the start of the thread so that people don't have to wade through all the bs to get information.
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★

Is killmonger there in that list? Just asking 🙄

Texas_11 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Texas_11 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

I actually missed two of those.
    Not Kabam's fault you missed two of Miike's comments. Don't miss them next time.
    No, it’s not. Its not my fault it’s not Mikes fault, there doesn’t need to be a fault. My concern was that their verbiage was different than the original dev diary no matter what was clarified . Your issue is , you are upset that people missed Mikes comments then saying they don’t read. Mike has even clarified my specific question, which means it must have been a little more confusing than he had originally planned.
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Texas_11 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

I actually missed two of those.
    Not Kabam's fault you missed two of Miike's comments. Don't miss them next time.
    No, it’s not. Its not my fault it’s not Mikes fault, there doesn’t need to be a fault. My concern was that their verbiage was different than the original dev diary no matter what was clarified . Your issue is , you are upset that people missed Mikes comments then saying they don’t read. Mike has even clarified my specific question, which means it must have been a little more confusing than he had originally planned.
    Yes, nobody is to be blamed because we have so many comments everyday, it is easy to miss some important ones. Admins and mods can try pinning important comments to the top of the thread so that we don't miss these. ( if that option is available that is)
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    Happy and waiting this angela buff !!! She need it ! Thank kabam 😁😁😁
  • CosagornCosagorn Posts: 84
    edited February 2021
    Deleted
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    This thread did not age well

my Angela is now 4/55

thanks Kabam lol