**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Frustration at grinding five star champs

I started playing this game in early June and one thing that appealed to me was the ability to grind four star champs in the arena on a regular basis. It was a good setup - a new released who i would never be able to get in the featured arena but I could earn him in another 6 months in the basic arena.

I grinded four star versions of most of the top champs in the game (SL being the main exception) and duped most of them. The trouble is that while I’ve grinded or rolled 56 four star champs I only have four 5-star champs and all are weak - beast, hulk (unduped at least isn’t anything special), OML and WS.

This didn’t bother me too much until now that six star champs are entering the contest. I never had a roster to challenge top players in AW or anything like that, but was confident in my ability to handle the monthly master quest and game content. Now it looks like I’ll need a roster of strong five star champs

Trouble is that while I have time to invest in the game on a daily basis I’m not going to wait 12 months to get my first god tier five star champ.

Is anyone going through the same dilemma?

Even with all the grinding I’ve done I still don’t have the catalysts for a single 5/50. It’s not as if making five stars more available would break the game - great alliances, purchasing and long term grinding would still be required to rank them up.

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Nah. You’re still new. Be patient and you’ll get there.

You’re not entitled to any god tier champs nor 5/50s. Work your way there.
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    I have 13 unduped 5* and with 6* become playable possibly when infinity war film is released makes me wanna quit bc everyone is duping some sorta 5* will i cant even dupe one and of course those with r4 5* have it easy for them
  • ZappZapp Posts: 69
    I agree, it's really frustrating. I'm playing this game over a year now, very active. Don't have a single 5* champ that is good enough to invest T4CC in it.

4* champs are also not worth investing anymore (even though I have nearly every top champ there) and it still takes 1-2 MONTHs to get a new 5* (with the hightest chance ever to get a mediocre champ).

Since updating a 5* means spending the most valuable ressources in the game you simply can't update a mediocre champ, that's a total waste.

I'm really frustrated with the game. They keep talking about how you should upgrade the champs you love bla bla, but they make it a giant mistake to actually do that. I really lost all faith in the game, I switched to Transformers, same game but at least for now, way less BS.
    I have 13 unduped 5* and with 6* become playable possibly when infinity war film is released makes me wanna quit bc everyone is duping some sorta 5* will i cant even dupe one and of course those with r4 5* have it easy for them

Everyone with 5* R4 was there in your place before. Quit crying “makes me wanna quit” and stuff. It’s just childish. If you really wanna quit, then go. Bye.
    Zapp wrote: »
    I agree, it's really frustrating. I'm playing this game over a year now, very active. Don't have a single 5* champ that is good enough to invest T4CC in it.

4* champs are also not worth investing anymore (even though I have nearly every top champ there) and it still takes 1-2 MONTHs to get a new 5* (with the hightest chance ever to get a mediocre champ).

Since updating a 5* means spending the most valuable ressources in the game you simply can't update a mediocre champ, that's a total waste.

I'm really frustrated with the game. They keep talking about how you should upgrade the champs you love bla bla, but they make it a giant mistake to actually do that. I really lost all faith in the game, I switched to Transformers, same game but at least for now, way less BS.

How coincidental? I’ve been playing for a year plus too. And it takes less than a month for me to get a 5*. Why do you take so long to open one?

And yes you should upgrade champs you like to play with. You’ll never catch up on the prestige race.
  • ZappZapp Posts: 69
    xNig wrote: »
    How coincidental? I’ve been playing for a year plus too. And it takes less than a month for me to get a 5*. Why do you take so long to open one?

Well the question is from where exactly do you get the shards? Main source for shards is AW, and you get a few hundred there, even when you win. And by definition you only win 50% of wars.

If there aren't any additional sources like calendar etc. in that specific month I doubt that you are telling the truth, so please lay out to us in more detail where your shards are coming from.

Even if you get one 5* a month, since there are 60+ available now chances are high that you will get at best mediocre champs for a year or longer. And a lot of the top champs need to be duped, chances that you will EVER get that are slim at best. Nice for you if you are lucky, but a lot of peope aren't.
    And yes you should upgrade champs you like to play with. You’ll never catch up on the prestige race.

This is not about prestige, it's about making the best out of your ressources. If you have 5+ god tier champs on 4* rank 5, bringing up a mediocre 5* to rank 3 gains you absolutley nothing. And using the most valuable ressource to upgrade such a champ even further (aka akpha 2s) is just plain stupid and will cost you A LOT of money on the long run.

So no, you shouldn't upgrade champs you like. You should upgrade champs that advance you in the game. And simply spoken most champs don't do that. In regard to 4* champs you can be more liberal, since the ressources to upgrade them are more available right now. But in regard to 5*s you can't. (unless the bring rankdown tickets back).
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Well the question is from where exactly do you get the shards? Main source for shards is AW, and you get a few hundred there, even when you win. And by definition you only win 50% of wars.

If there aren't any additional sources like calendar etc. in that specific month I doubt that you are telling the truth, so please lay out to us in more detail where your shards are coming from.

Even if you get one 5* a month, since there are 60+ available now chances are high that you will get at best mediocre champs for a year or longer. And a lot of the top champs need to be duped, chances that you will EVER get that are slim at best. Nice for you if you are lucky, but a lot of peope aren't.

This is not about prestige, it's about making the best out of your ressources. If you have 5+ god tier champs on 4* rank 5, bringing up a mediocre 5* to rank 3 gains you absolutley nothing. And using the most valuable ressource to upgrade such a champ even further (aka akpha 2s) is just plain stupid and will cost you A LOT of money on the long run.

So no, you shouldn't upgrade champs you like. You should upgrade champs that advance you in the game. And simply spoken most champs don't do that. In regard to 4* champs you can be more liberal, since the ressources to upgrade them are more available right now. But in regard to 5*s you can't. (unless the bring rankdown tickets back).

Well, you can rank whoever you like, just depends if you’re desperate to catch up to the very top guys, which is most likely never going to happen.
  • abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    OP, your frustration isn't solitary, but this forum is not the best place to express it (surprisingly). Let me give you a backstory about me. I've been playing since about 3 months after launch, so I'm at about 32 months or so of play. I play every day, multiple times a day, and have the entire time. I'd say I dedicate maybe 4 to 5 hours per day (closer to 8 when I cared more), so I've playing a couple thousand hours. At this point in my game play, I've spent probably the same amount of money. I only have 8 5* in my roster. Now, stupid Magneto has been duped three times, and IM (iron, not ice) once, but that's besides the point. Shards take forever for most of the playerbase to accumulate. The problem is this forum is full of either corporate kiss-ups or stronger players. So, you don't get much sympathy here, and you will get shoo'ed for making QoL suggestions.

They will tell you that it will come in time -- it won't. Having posted on both forums, I can assure you it does NOT get better. There will be more deals to purchase shards. Outside of that, your best bet for more shards is to alliance hop until you get to the tier you want. A lot of the guys who have taken the blue pill and espouse that it's a "slow grind" have done the same thing. Just merc your way to the top!

Same thing holds true for t4cc. They are called "rare" which means they can charge you to buy a crystal of a random class, or you can ply your skills until you can POSSIBLY get a chance at an alliance that ranks in advanced tier AND bounces between the higher tiers of AW. That's really your only reasonable way to to accumulate materials at a slightly slower than snail's pace. So, again, while your opinion isn't in the minority, you are definitely in the minority on this board.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Lack of focused progression is a huge problem. Everything is random, and the more chances you buy at the slot machine the more likely to hit something good. That's just the way it is set up. As more and more champs are released and added, the problem will get worse. A 1/20 chance to get a great champ becomes 1/30 then 1/50 until you eventually will have less than a 1% chance to get what you would actually like to play with.. and younget those chances once a week, or two, or 4 or more, it's not a great time for most who don't spend on every offer to maximize the odds.

I would love to see ways to collect hero fragments, that allow you to work towards a specific goal but but that won't happen. Why would they let you get something you want instead of running LOL and getting a Luke cage? The more difficulty you have completing content the more you will spend to do it with sub par champions. It's all about revenue, unless you get super lucky... which you know all too well isn't very likely.
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364

Everyone with 5* R4 was there in your place before. Quit crying “makes me wanna quit” and stuff. It’s just childish. If you really wanna quit, then go. Bye.

Idk what you are on but when 5* were coming out the whales were already getting them to r4 as little as with in 2 mons of there release so dont come on here and answer me i am acting childish or my comments are
  • JRock808 wrote: »
    Lack of focused progression is a huge problem. Everything is random, and the more chances you buy at the slot machine the more likely to hit something good. That's just the way it is set up. As more and more champs are released and added, the problem will get worse. A 1/20 chance to get a great champ becomes 1/30 then 1/50 until you eventually will have less than a 1% chance to get what you would actually like to play with.. and younget those chances once a week, or two, or 4 or more, it's not a great time for most who don't spend on every offer to maximize the odds.

I would love to see ways to collect hero fragments, that allow you to work towards a specific goal but but that won't happen. Why would they let you get something you want instead of running LOL and getting a Luke cage? The more difficulty you have completing content the more you will spend to do it with sub par champions. It's all about revenue, unless you get super lucky... which you know all too well isn't very likely.

Randomness has killed this game big time. It’s an overused rag they refuse to clean.
  • AliabAliab Posts: 138
    Yeah guys the thing with the game is it’s about how much time and effort you’re willing to put in and being in a good alliance helps and decreases the need to grind so much. If you are a high tier in war and you hit SA weekly and do the monthly quests and grind certain arenas it’s easy to get a five star once every month or two. Yes it’s hard and frustrating but you’ve been playing since June and have a roster of 56 four stars. Should tell you how much easier they’ve made it for new players to progress faster. When I started there weren’t even four stars yet hahaha
  • AliabAliab Posts: 138
    Ok you know those big whales only managed to r4 their five stars quickly because they have been playing so long they had the catalysts saved up? There’s only so many four stars you’re willing to take to r5 you’re bound to hit a wall and savings begin.

Idk what you are on but when 5* were coming out the whales were already getting them to r4 as little as with in 2 mons of there release so dont come on here and answer me i am acting childish or my comments are

I have 5 5* R4 and will be getting my 6th one in a month.

But I won’t be upgrading anything because when 5.4 lands and get t5b, should it be available then, I’ll be able to r5 my 5*s right away.

So yes, you are acting childish and your comments are.
    edited October 2017

pknux64y58rd.png

Have I answered all your questions?
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    @Zapp You are forgetting the arena. Thousands of shards per month just for getting the milestones, bro.

You're doing something wrong in game if you're not opening at least 1 5 star a month (unless you're hoarding shards).
  • I started playing this game in early June and one thing that appealed to me was the ability to grind four star champs in the arena on a regular basis. It was a good setup - a new released who i would never be able to get in the featured arena but I could earn him in another 6 months in the basic arena.

I grinded four star versions of most of the top champs in the game (SL being the main exception) and duped most of them. The trouble is that while I’ve grinded or rolled 56 four star champs I only have four 5-star champs and all are weak - beast, hulk (unduped at least isn’t anything special), OML and WS.

This didn’t bother me too much until now that six star champs are entering the contest. I never had a roster to challenge top players in AW or anything like that, but was confident in my ability to handle the monthly master quest and game content. Now it looks like I’ll need a roster of strong five star champs

Trouble is that while I have time to invest in the game on a daily basis I’m not going to wait 12 months to get my first god tier five star champ.

Is anyone going through the same dilemma?

Even with all the grinding I’ve done I still don’t have the catalysts for a single 5/50. It’s not as if making five stars more available would break the game - great alliances, purchasing and long term grinding would still be required to rank them up.

Yooooo ive been playing for like a year and a half and i only have one 5*.