**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Is this Piggy Bank for real?

Just so I understand it right, if I do a bunch of fights I can spend $3 for potentially 80 units max, right? If that’s the case, each dollar gets me 26.66... units, whereas if I spend $5 for a Peter Parker Wallet, each dollar gets me 27 units. I mean, sure there’s a couple pots in the piggy bank too, and one dinky little revive, but is this supposed to be like an actual deal in the unit store? Cuz that doesn’t sound like a better deal than what is permanently offered 24/7.

Am I missing something? Can you break the bank a lot to farm those l1 revives? I’m not saying it looks bad, but it certainly doesn’t look special.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    First off, you're talking about 0.3 of a Unit.
    Secondly, how much do the Pots sell for in the game? It's still a savings.
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    It’s actually 80 units
    Plus a value of
    40 revive
    70 two team heals
    42 two solo heals
    for a total of 232 estimated value for 3 dollars
    Estimated value is because of you have no use for those items well the value to you decreases
    edited February 2021
    The Pots are 112 Units, regular value, while the L1 Revs aren't sold. Could put them at 20 Units for safe measure. Add that to the 80 Units and it's a deal either way.
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    Oh it’s a level 1 revive . So not quite 40 on that I didn’t look hard enough
    edited February 2021
    Zan0 said:

First off, you're talking about 0.3% of a Unit.

But you have to work for it and then pay. When I could just buy the peter parkers wallet and get basically the same things
    Why buy it at all when you can farm Units?
    When we're talking about value, we have to look at the going rate, and not how much someone personally has use for it.
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★

It’s actually 80 units
    Plus a value of
    40 revive
    70 two team heals
    42 two solo heals
    Estimated value is because of you have no use for those items well the value to you decreases

I guess there is an actual unit value on those pots in the store, but what you said about the value decreasing for some is spot on. I wouldn’t mind the l1 revive (but def not for 40 units), but I just don’t see a use for those pots. Make em l5 pots and maybe there’s something in it for me
  • SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 494 ★★
    When those unlock at 40 do we get a new set of items at 60 and at 80 to unlock as well?

If so, then maybe it will be a solid value.
    I mean, it's only 3 bucks. It's not going to be that much.
  • totheendoftotheendof Posts: 50
    I just filled it and it vanished. What happened to the two hour window? How broke is this thing?
  • I just filled it and it vanished. What happened to the two hour window? How broke is this thing?

Basami said:

Piggy bank is broken once again. I did 80 fights and it's not buyable anymore. So way to go kabam. Still waiting for my 2k 6 star shards from last months event too. You can slip up and not fix things but if I slip up once there is nothing you can do. Customer service is not a thing that's high on the priority list.

Try force closing and reopening the game client. This happened to me also, and reseting the game client caused the piggy bank to reset and become available ("reset" as in the purchase button ungreyed out, the contents were all still there and the counter was still at 80).

This seems to be happening to some and not others, and is probably a game sync problem.
  • Bossmode12Bossmode12 Posts: 105
    I still don’t understand why i paid $1.99 a few months ago and got nothing for that. 2 bucks is not breaking my bank but I don’t recall approving a donation. Also not going to buy the “new” $3 one but i couldn’t even if i wanted to. Did 80 fights, the notification popped up that it was full, but in the store it’s greyed out and says 0%. So dumb.
  • I still don’t understand why i paid $1.99 a few months ago and got nothing for that. 2 bucks is not breaking my bank but I don’t recall approving a donation. Also not going to buy the “new” $3 one but i couldn’t even if i wanted to. Did 80 fights, the notification popped up that it was full, but in the store it’s greyed out and says 0%. So dumb.

Last time it was out it was bugged. You weren't supposed to be able to buy yet but people somehow were
    It's not a Special Event Deal. It's a new feature that adds some bonus value to a purchase. Many games have the same type of feature.
    I recognize that some people live by Offers like the 4th of July, but that's not the actual value of what is sold on a regular basis.
    That means the same thing because it uses the word special? Hmm.....
    I'm not debating colorful advertisments and semantics. The bottom line is, it's obviously not aimed at people who have lots of Units and Pots. To someone starting out, it would be more help. I don't know why people have to dissect every Offer that comes out, but it's 3 bucks. We're not going to get 6* Sigs and Shards every 80 Fights for 3 bucks.
  • zeezee57 said:

It's a horrible "special deal", I'd expect much more from a special event deal, especially one that took as long as this did to fix and release in game.

Because it introduces new purchasing mechanics, I would normally expect such things to be introduced in relatively small scale cash offers first, because you don't want them to blow up on an especially high value deal, as in fact it did break some stuff when it was first released (and might still be a bi glitchy now).
  • Mase1127Mase1127 Posts: 60 ★★
    It’s a beginner special deal to try to get them playing and paying. This deal is obviously bad value for end game players.
  • Mase1127 said:

It’s a beginner special deal to try to get them playing and paying. This deal is obviously bad value for end game players.

I think this perpetuates the idea that beginners spend little and "end game" players spend a lot, but that's not the case. There are free to play end game players that spend nothing, and I don't think that factors into the deal much.

My guess is this is a conversion deal aimed at players who don't generally spend but might be enticed to spend on a very low cost deal. If you spend anything, whether you are a beginner or a end game player, there are better values out there. The Sigil is a better deal, and the 735 unit card is a much better deal. But both have higher price tags and generate their benefits over a (relatively) long period of time. Someone who doesn't spend in general might be attracted to a low cost deal that dumps all its value immediately as an impulse buy.
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★

It’s actually 80 units
    Plus a value of
    40 revive
    70 two team heals
    42 two solo heals

It’s a 20% revive so it’s not 40 units value.. if you add the 20% revive plus the health potions your champs MAY get to 40% equilevant to 40 units. You can’t treat it as a 49 units lvl2 revive when it’s not in its value.. the you tried ADDING the health potions on top the 40 units for a 40% revive. That not how the math works

• Zan0 said:

First off, you're talking about 0.3% of a Unit.

But you have to work for it and then pay. When I could just buy the peter parkers wallet and get basically the same things
    Why buy it at all when you can farm Units?
    When we're talking about value, we have to look at the going rate, and not how much someone personally has use for it.
    When you look at value the main factor is what people are willing to pay for it, not the price that a company puts on the product. A good product matches the customer’s perception of value to the price the company wishes to sell for, a bad product costs more than what the customer wishes to pay.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    What is the big deal? If you think it is a poor value don't buy it!

I get offers all day every day from Kabam. Some for cash and some for units. I purchase almost none of them. I do not, however, feel outraged or personally insulted if there is an offer I do not want to purchase.
    DNA3000 said:

I just filled it and it vanished. What happened to the two hour window? How broke is this thing?

Basami said:

Piggy bank is broken once again. I did 80 fights and it's not buyable anymore. So way to go kabam. Still waiting for my 2k 6 star shards from last months event too. You can slip up and not fix things but if I slip up once there is nothing you can do. Customer service is not a thing that's high on the priority list.

Try force closing and reopening the game client. This happened to me also, and reseting the game client caused the piggy bank to reset and become available ("reset" as in the purchase button ungreyed out, the contents were all still there and the counter was still at 80).

This seems to be happening to some and not others, and is probably a game sync problem.
    It doesn't even require a force close. It just happened to me and I just logged out and back in and it worked.