**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Stealthy is Overrated

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
edited February 2021 in General Discussion
It amazes me how some see him as a top 3 skill. Falcon’s utility made his seem so limited. I’ll go in more detail:

1) His block proficiency is only 54%, this is even lower than BWDO’s. Meaning if you can’t intercept proficiently, you’re going to take a lot of block damage.

2) A full combo just to stop an evade? How does that even make sense, super contradictory and useless.

3) Why would I even bring him for evades when Falcon can do it so much more reliably and gains a huge damage boost. I’m not even going to mention Fury, who’s much better for both evades and damage. Not to mention Falcon can do so much more

4) Okay he counters unstoppable, big deal? Id much rather use someone like Beardo who’s far more sustainable and packs a boat load more utility.

5) I can just use another slow champ for unstoppable?

6) He’s not suicide friendly since you’re rotating sp1/sp2 for most of his use.

There you have it, take away his high damage output and all you’ve really got is an unstoppable counter. My stealthy is r2 and never gets use. If you personally ask me, even Sparky has more utility. Taunt, evades projectiles, power drain, stun, shock.

Comments

• EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    1. Intercepting is a thing.
    2. Slow is mainly designed to stop unstoppable
    3. He’s an above average evade counter, no one thinks he’s the best evade counter
    4. He doesn’t have unstoppable...?
    5. Yes you can.
    6. Actually only need to 1 sp1 and one sp2 to ramp up, the sp2 can be skipped a lot of the time. (I’m summoning @Karatemike415 because he can explain that better than me)
    You’re also forgetting that he counters miss and has non contact attacks, both solid pieces of his utility.

I can even call him an electro counter because of these non contact attacks, am I right domino simps?
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    1) you don't purposefully block when playing Stealthy, he's not a parry heavy champ. Also the skill related argument is stupid, well yeah if you're forced to block that's going to hurt you, that's like saying Quake is bad because if you can't time the heavy charges then you'll get clapped.

2) I see where you're coming with this one, but you can easy get around with this by just (I'll admit slowly) inching your way to the sp2

3)hey he has unstoppable and miss countering as well, plus if you don't have either of the two you can use him

4)you do you, but just because you prefer one champ over the other does not make the other champion bad by any means

5)again, just because you prefer one champ over the other does not make the other champ bad by any means, also miss countering

6) Doom doesn't fare well with suicides but he's still what a lot of people consider to be an all time Top 5 champion
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Edeuink said:

1. Intercepting is a thing.
    2. Slow is mainly designed to stop unstoppable
    3. He’s an above average evade counter, no one thinks he’s the best evade counter
    4. He doesn’t have unstoppable...?
    5. Yes you can.
    6. Actually only need to 1 sp1 and one sp2 to ramp up, the sp2 can be skipped a lot of the time. (I’m summoning Karatemike415 because he can explain that better than me)
    You’re also forgetting that he counters miss and has non contact attacks, both solid pieces of his utility.

I can even call him an electro counter because of these non contact attacks, am I right domino simps?
    I love me a good Stealthy beating But Edeuink is right^
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Monke said:

This dude just said Starky counters evade, and argues that Stealthy requires a combo to counter evade

I never knew Starky could counter evade but personally, I think Starky's utilities are niche. Taunt and auto evade are great, I'll give him that.

Monke said:

This dude just said Starky counters evade, and argues that Stealthy requires a combo to counter evade

I never knew Starky could counter evade but personally, I think Starky's utilities are niche. Taunt and auto evade are great, I'll give him that.
    its off his sp3 which lasts 18 seconds, preventing all passive evades, stealthies evade counter is far superior.
    Ahh yes, forgot about that. It's quite impractical to build to an sp3 to counter evade for 18 secs especially since he is a glass canon too.
  • Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    He’s aight

Monke said:

its off his sp3 which lasts 18 seconds, preventing all passive evades, stealthies evade counter is far superior.
    stealthy can proc his sp2 in tight matchups and the opponent will never evade again

starky can proc his sp3 in tight matchups and the opponent will never evade.... for 18 seconds
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    To those bringing up the skill argument up on him being a glass cannon, don’t act like intercepting is easy to do. The majority playing the game aren’t as good to *consistently* do it . It’s like saying Tigras one of the best champs, but who can actually even play her besides a select few?

My STRONGEST point was the one about him having drastically less utility than Falcon.

You’re not going to use stealthy for evade champs when champs like Quake, Fury, Falcon exist.

Go use stealthy versus mix master korg then use falcon,and come back to this thread.

Like I said , slow champs can handle unstoppable as well. What if the champ has both regen and unstoppable? Well, just bring beardo and throw a tech on the team. Boom, just like that beardos already better for that particular matchup.

With the release of Falcon, Stealthy has been powercrept and is relying just barely on that unstoppable counter to stay in the meta, in which other champs can also handle.

• slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Let's breakdown:
    1) You only care about block prof if the champ's gameplay is parry-heavy which Stealthy isn't
    2) A combo up to 4-5 hit to counter evade in a whole fight, is that really a problem ?
    3) Yeah sure, Falcon and Nick better except unstopable say hi and some miss nodes
    4) Passive Unstopable: Am i a joke to you ?
    5) He's only need a combo to place slow for whole fight and Class disadvantage say hello
    6) If you play suicide 1 sp2 and 1sp1 and it's all done, just rotate sp3
    Stealthy's utility is much more useful than Starky because he counter miss, evade, unstopable which are super annoy to deal with, Starky has more damage but Stealthy is super easy access to damage which is not so less than Starky
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Stealthy also counters miss and is a better unstoppable counter than beardo. Evade counter is alright and far from useless.
    Edeuink said:

Domino has dot which stealthy doesn't so they are not the same vs electro.
    Edeuink said:

Edeuink said:

Moon Knight has DoT and his special 1 is non contact, best electro counter confirmed 👍
    I would love to see him counter v4 electro.

Edeuink said:

Edeuink said:

Moon Knight has DoT and his special 1 is non contact, best electro counter confirmed 👍
    Well, it certainly would be possible. A sig 200 Moon Knight can increase his power rate by about 30%. Slap on a romance synergy and the namor synergy and you should be able to cycle sp1s. It’s probably doable with max DW. I don’t know anyone with a sig 200 Moon Knight though🙁
    edited February 2021
    GagoH said:

To those bringing up the skill argument up on him being a glass cannon, don’t act like intercepting is easy to do. The majority playing the game aren’t as good to *consistently* do it . It’s like saying Tigras one of the best champs, but who can actually even play her besides a select few?

My STRONGEST point was the one about him having drastically less utility than Falcon.

You’re not going to use stealthy for evade champs when champs like Quake, Fury, Falcon exist.

Go use stealthy versus mix master korg then use falcon,and come back to this thread.

Like I said , slow champs can handle unstoppable as well. What if the champ has both regen and unstoppable? Well, just bring beardo and throw a tech on the team. Boom, just like that beardos already better for that particular matchup.

With the release of Falcon, Stealthy has been powercrept and is relying just barely on that unstoppable counter to stay in the meta, in which other champs can also handle.

So what you're saying by that argument is that Quake is bad because she requires skill to get it down right.

Well yeah I'd use Fury or Falcon over Stealthy for an evade matchup, but Stealthy also has Miss Countering and Unstoppable countering as well so that's that.

Okay, you still haven't realised that if you believe one champ could do another champ's job better they don't automatically suck. Well yeah, if a champ has regen and unstoppable that could be a pickle but Stealthy also has good damage to the point where in some matchups you could outdamage the regen where with Cap you need to pray that you can get 4 successive parries off on the opponent.

And nah, Falcon didn't sweep Stealthy off his place as being a great skill champ in the meta because for one, the Skill class doesn't really have as much competition as other classes and you wouldn't really use Falcon if you need damage in a non-evade matchup.
    Edeuink said:

Edeuink said:

Edeuink said:

Well, it certainly would be possible. A sig 200 Moon Knight can increase his power rate by about 30%. Slap on a romance synergy and the namor synergy and you should be able to cycle sp1s. It’s probably doable with max DW. I don’t know anyone with a sig 200 Moon Knight though🙁
    Yeah making theories is very good. In practicality it is a different thing. Moon knight doesn't have the damage to do it and all his basic attacks would get thorns damage so no.

Edeuink said:

Edeuink said:

Edeuink said:

Yeah making theories is very good. In practicality it is a different thing. Moon knight doesn't have the damage to do it and all his basic attacks would get thorns damage so no.
    Well in ideal circumstances this would be during a full moon. That would allow Moon Knight to apply stuns to electro. He could bypass some of the thorns damage with the pacify mastery.
    Edeuink said:

Edeuink said:

Edeuink said:

Edeuink said:

Well in ideal circumstances this would be during a full moon. That would allow Moon Knight to apply stuns to electro. He could bypass some of the thorns damage with the pacify mastery.
    This moon phase thing has so much potential but it's so weak that it's useless. Hope they buff him soon.
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 668 ★★★
    GagoH said:

I mean I've used stealthy in mix master node once(it wasn't very convenient 😂). The trick is to get the four light hit combos in within the parry stun time... It's pretty tight meaning u won't start with a medium hit...
    I've done it only once😂😂 and it was when I was down to my last champion... I pretty much entered ultra instinct😂😂

GagoH said:

I mean I've used stealthy in mix master node once(it wasn't very convenient 😂). The trick is to get the four light hit combos in within the parry stun time... It's pretty tight meaning u won't start with a medium hit...
    I've done it only once😂😂 and it was when I was down to my last champion... I pretty much entered ultra instinct😂😂
    I also used him on mix master and what I did was do a medium,light,light then opponent evades the third light and then I drop the fourth light without stopping my combo. Though I don't think it's safe.
    GagoH said:

If you are going to use Stealthy in endgame content, you should be able to do some basic intercepting atleast. Backdraft once in a while, that's it and with practise, trust me, it's easier than it looks. Also, you are acting like Stealthy has no BP or healthpoints but he can take some blocked hits too.

Also, just because one champions has a similar ability doesn't automatically disqualify the other. Stealthy is much better than Cap for countering unstoppable. Additionally, he also counters miss which still is a pretty rare ability.
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    He's really a good champ,and It's not true that all champs are same in every scenarion,except for exceptions like quake.Yeah shulk has better dmg and slow, but saying that he's overrated is not true,I personally think that he's top 5 not 3,and prefer sparky over him, but he's a really good champ himself.