**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Am I Good With Quake?

DanielRodriguez0716DanielRodriguez0716 Posts: 7
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
So I was wondering if I was any good with Quake and if I should rank her up. I did 120k damage in total against ROL Winter Soldier with a 5 star rank 2 Quake using the heavy method. Can you help me? Thanks.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Try to learn Quake n' Shake (Heavy and Dex) as it will help you more. Quake n' Bake (Heavy and Parry) still has its uses though.
    edited February 2021
    The best practice dummy is Emma Frost in duel. She's stun immune and is definitely harder to Quake so you'll get better. I'm teaching a newbie how to Quake and she got better in no time because of that.

EDIT: Use a 3* or 4* Quake.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

The best practice dummy is Emma Frost in duel. She's stun immune and is definitely harder to Quake so you'll get better. I'm teaching a newbie how to Quake and she got better in no time because of that.

Master Vendemiaire?

man’s making me feel unaccomplished in this game

Master Vendemiaire?

Ehh?! Nande (Why)? Lol. I still look up to you, tbh.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I will never be able to figure out Quake...
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    RoL isn't really a good place to practice Quake due to the passive AI. You could try dueling duped Corvus- he should stay alive as long as you don't hit him with a heavy.

Anyways, yeah. Rank and learn Quake regardless; she's probably the #1 crutch for difficult content.

RoL isn't really a good place to practice Quake due to the passive AI. You could try dueling duped Corvus- he should stay alive as long as you don't hit him with a heavy.

Anyways, yeah. Rank and learn Quake regardless; she's probably the #1 crutch for difficult content.

Can't tell if that makes me really good or really bad for clearing everything without ever bringing Quake into quest once.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Master Vendemiaire?

remember when you made your first post about joining and your first five star when I had been on the game for almost a year. Now you’re way ahead lol
    YoMoves said:

I will never be able to figure out Quake...

I learned Quake because I had no choice. Epic Boss Rush was on. 31 fights. I was only Uncollected back then with a couple of 4*s and a few 5*R3. So my only option to complete the event without spending units is to learn how to Quake… and I did. Ranked 5 my 4* Quake and finished it. Got 20% mutant from the selector and random T5CC reward that will probably be my first formed T5CC (80% now. 25% from Act 6 completion, 25% from Act 7.1 exploration).

Necessity brings out the best in us. I also learned Ghost that way, I R5'ed my 4* Ghost and practiced her until I can solo Summoner Showdown IMIW. I still haven't pulled a 5* Ghost, tho. :/ At least I have a 5* Quake now.
    See, my 'necessity' champs were Domino and Corvus. I had absolutely **** all in terms of champs except a Quake I couldn't figure out and thus refused to rank up, and those two in 6*s unduped. I learned how to clear just about everything with the combination of those two, and Vision to clean up immunity-related stuff.

Quake is something I could never figure out no matter how hard I tried. Ghost I don't have duped, so I'm not going to bother until I can use her properly. Even though I have her R3 regardless.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Practice korg duels with a lower rank quake and you'll be set for mix master AW. Once you get it, it's so amazing.

The ones I struggle with still are double medium champs (stealthy/domino) and AAR counters like ImIW/killmonger. She isn't good for Guardian either as he'll just shock you. Killmonger has a trick, but I can't pull it off reliably. NF gets me at times when he goes into 2nd phase and shrugs everything off too.

Just keep practicing. Eventually it will be muscle memory in most matchups.

Master Vendemiaire?

remember when you made your first post about joining and your first five star when I had been on the game for almost a year. Now you’re way ahead lol
    Haha. Yea, it's been a year now. Reading back, I was such a noob back then.
    YoMoves said:

See, my 'necessity' champs were Domino and Corvus. I had absolutely **** all in terms of champs except a Quake I couldn't figure out and thus refused to rank up, and those two in 6*s unduped. I learned how to clear just about everything with the combination of those two, and Vision to clean up immunity-related stuff.

Quake is something I could never figure out no matter how hard I tried. Ghost I don't have duped, so I'm not going to bother until I can use her properly. Even though I have her R3 regardless.

Domino helped me when I used her as a 4* back then but if I ever pull her as a 5/6*, I don't think I'll rank her up. Corvus is an AQ God, fighting at 1% health intercepting is so much fun. I luckily pulled him as a 6* a few weeks ago but that won't get ranked until I dupe him as I still use my 5/65. Ghost doesn't need the awakening but yea, she's definitely better with it. I explored V3 with my 4*R5 unduped.

Master Vendemiaire?

YoMoves said:

Domino helped me when I used her as a 4* back then but if I ever pull her as a 5/6*, I don't think I'll rank her up. Corvus is an AQ God, fighting at 1% health intercepting is so much fun. I luckily pulled him as a 6* a few weeks ago but that won't get ranked until I dupe him as I still use my 5/65. Ghost doesn't need the awakening but yea, she's definitely better with it. I explored V3 with my 4*R5 unduped.
    UNDUPED Corvus, sir. He's still unduped. I fight a respectable Corvus duel with no suicides. That's how that works. As for Quake...I've spent duel after duel trying to figure it out but I just cannot do the dexterity thing. I can sorta parry, but if I don't get that 17 aftershock sweetspot, the stun runs out before the concussion and I risk evading into death. This happens nigh-endlessly, especially in places where Limber is common. And dexing is something I usually get half a combo into before I eat everything and die.
    YoMoves said:

Master Vendemiaire?

YoMoves said:

UNDUPED Corvus, sir. He's still unduped. I fight a respectable Corvus duel with no suicides. That's how that works. As for Quake...I've spent duel after duel trying to figure it out but I just cannot do the dexterity thing. I can sorta parry, but if I don't get that 17 aftershock sweetspot, the stun runs out before the concussion and I risk evading into death. This happens nigh-endlessly, especially in places where Limber is common. And dexing is something I usually get half a combo into before I eat everything and die.
    He's still good unduped but duping him will give him a lot of possibilities to explore especially if you're running Map 6. Not a fan of the timeout trick, though. Quake has a rhythm that once you get it, it'll be just muscle memory as a lot are saying. There's a group for Quake in Line. You should join there.

YoMoves said:

Master Vendemiaire?

YoMoves said:

He's still good unduped but duping him will give him a lot of possibilities to explore especially if you're running Map 6. Not a fan of the timeout trick, though. Quake has a rhythm that once you get it, it'll be just muscle memory as a lot are saying. There's a group for Quake in Line. You should join there.
    Map 7. Using him on Cascading Failure is a 'fun and interactive' experience. Parry Curse ain't much better, but at least I don't get penalized for being Corvus on that one. As for Quake...I dunno. Muscle memory doesn't seem to be a thing for me. I always do better with 'cycle' champs (Doom, CGR, Hype, Apoc) than I do 'muscle' champs (Quake, Tigra, Ghost). It's just a process I'm not progressing through and it's kinda infuriating.
  • DanielRodriguez0716DanielRodriguez0716 Posts: 7
    edited February 2021

Try to learn Quake n' Shake (Heavy and Dex) as it will help you more. Quake n' Bake (Heavy and Parry) still has its uses though.

I use that method most of the time, but sometimes I accidentally block instead of dexing, so I am very good at Quake n' shake since I did 200k damage to Winter Soldier at 5 star rank 2.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I wish I was good at quake :(
    YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

Master Vendemiaire?

YoMoves said:

Map 7. Using him on Cascading Failure is a 'fun and interactive' experience. Parry Curse ain't much better, but at least I don't get penalized for being Corvus on that one. As for Quake...I dunno. Muscle memory doesn't seem to be a thing for me. I always do better with 'cycle' champs (Doom, CGR, Hype, Apoc) than I do 'muscle' champs (Quake, Tigra, Ghost). It's just a process I'm not progressing through and it's kinda infuriating.
    Awesome! I've been so used playing him duped because I popped a cosmic awakening gem right after I pulled him. Hope you dupe yours.

Well, we all have our different forte. But hope you still give those champs a try.

I wish I was good at quake :(

No. You're banned here.
    Corvus was my second 6*. I got him back in the first featured 6* crystal. I don't see myself duping him anytime soon since I've duped Phoenix, CGR, CMM, Surfer, Cull twice, Drax, CMClassic, and Ronan twice before him.
  • Wow, I just did 320k damage with Quake now at 5 star rank 2 against winter soldier LOL. Is that good?