**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A (Somewhat) Comprehensive Guide To Karnak. (Write Up)

TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Oh. You're actually here? Please, no-one is interested in learning how to use Karnak most effectively.

Wait, You're serious and want to learn about Karnak? Very well then. Read on to be... enlightened.

Im basing this Guide on a 5/65 Karnak, sig 20.
Okay. Lets begin with his basic abillities.

Karnaks basic abillities
First of all, when duped Karnak recieves a abillity to shrug off all non-damaging debuff effects (Like Stun or any debuff that isnt a DoT) by a certain % (43.52% faster at sig 20, 5/65) while he also reduces incoming damage from poison debuffs by a unmovable 65%, allowing him to tank multiple poisons at once and take on those who stack these on their opponent. He also (depending on poison source) can actually heal (with willpower) from poisons effectively, unlike most others affected by anything less than a regen buff/passive.
One of Karnaks more interesting abillities is his "Focused" Mode which (after a short activation time of 9 seconds, and is lost upon being struck) increases his crit rating by (Sig Dependant, this is from a sig 20) 4462.5, which is a very large boost, very likely to give him all crits on basic attacks and specials depeding on mastery setup.
A slightly overlooked stat of Karnaks is he has (Sig-based) increased physical resistance, with 627.27 at sig 20, which can help in some matchups.
One of the most unique abillities Karnak has is that he actively reduces his opponents class advantage depending on how long he is in a fight. Every 5 Seconds , he reduces it by 2% constantly until it is gone. Im unsure if this works against the Superior Class (Maestros class for a relevant example.) but it does work agaisnt all other sources, be it natural or node inflicted.
Karnak at his base (against a 4-star Rank 5 Champion) has a 15.0% crit-chance, and 150.% critical damage rating.
His block proficiency at its base is 64%. Take this compared to a similarly ranked Doom, who has 69.0% block proficiency at his base.
That covers the basic abillities Karnak has, now, unto the Special Attacks

As Karnak is a older champion (Relased in 2016/09/01) his special attack descriptions are simple, but effective.
Karnaks sp1, Distortion & Focus, (Almost no damage, is utillity-based, 1-hit special) allows him to gain a (100% chance at activation chance) True Strike paassive (Spidergwens Beware) allowing him to counter evade and autoblock effects for 8.50 Seconds. This makes him one of the better Spidergwen counters since she cant (nullify?) remove his true strike abillity, whereas she can with True Strike Buff champions (Heimdall for ex). His sp1 also allows for him to become instantly Focused, skipping the 9 second normal timer.

Karnaks Sp2, The Three Worlds, This special attack is Karnaks Bread and Butter when it comes to damage. Its a 2-hit special, with full-screen reach on second hit. Karnaks attack rating increases during this special by (Sig-Dependant) 1179, depending on how low his enemies health is at activation, allowing it to be a great finishing special move. Nothing more to add here, regarding to Special effects and description.

Karnaks Sp3, Blind Time, is his utillity attack. Its a 1-hit special, and it applies a very powerful Daze (a base 80% reduction in activation chance for 40 seconds) allowing him to counter all sorts of abillities. Its also a passive which allows him to ignore debuff immunity when using his sp3. Its lenght also allows him to constantly keep it up, allowing him to be a effective tool in fights where you need abillity chance reduction.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whew. You still with me? We are almost there in the final stretch.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That about covers it for Karnak at his base and his solo abillities, lets now move unto his synergies.

Karnaks synergies for himself are the rather standard Crit/Health ones, but he has a interesting synergie with the Older Captain Marvels (Not Kamala) and Beast with a 5% Increase in perfect Block Chance.
As for his Partner synergies, He has one with Medusa (Called family on his end, and Inhuman Royal Family on her end) which allows Karnak with her on the team to become Focused 35% faster, and allows his True Strike to last 35% longer, which bumps it from 8.50 seconds up to 11.475 seconds, potentially allowing him to constantly keep it up with sufficient agrresiveness and AI co-operation.
Karnak doesnt have any other synergies of interest, besides the bog standard ones for most champions.

Karnaks # tags are #Mercenary and #Size: M, and #In-human

Now lets move unto how to use Karnak most effectively, with his Rotations which i have extensively tested.

Karnak does not have complex rotations, unlike most other champions today. His sp1 is used for True Strike when you need it, His Sp2 is his damaging special, and his Sp3 is his abillity chance reducer when you need it. Its all situational how you use him.
As for his basic attacks, its nothing special here either. Its the standard MLLLM. He has a 2-hit Heavy however which can come in handy sometimes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And There We Are. The final part of this guide is done.
I hope by now you have a better grasp on How and Where to use Karnak. Its been a pleasure making this guide, and i hope you enjoyed it. I will see you again when i make my next one.
Until then..
Stay safe out there.

-Terra
Post edited by Kabam Valiant on

Comments

• StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Really interesting and good job 👍

Just hope Karnak get its rework to become really good
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Nice Write-Up!
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,796 ★★★★★
    It’s finally here!!!
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    I clicked on this knowing full well it was a clickbait title and the thread would be way off topic.

Then it delivered exactly what it offered.

I have no idea what to do now
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Nice write-up @Terra! More there than I anticipated!
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

It’s finally here!!!

Yes, after so long, it finally is. Im a person of my word
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    It's here! Really nice
    FiiNCH said:

Nice write-up @Terra! More there than I anticipated!

Yeah it was quite a bit. I do have a couple improvement ideas in hindsight of this one to improve my next one however @FiiNCH
  • Really nice! Only thing i think is missing is the Inhuman Royal Family sinergy secondary effect: if Medusa, Karnak and Black Bolt are together in a team, they get 25% attack, which isn't big, but still a nice bonus!

Really nice! Only thing i think is missing is the Inhuman Royal Family sinergy secondary effect: if Medusa, Karnak and Black Bolt are together in a team, they get 25% attack, which isn't big, but still a nice bonus!

Ah, I must have missed that one. I covered the Karnak/Medusa one but forgot about Black Bolts inclusion. Good catch @GiulioVentu99
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    sooo your saying i should take my sig 20 6* Karnak to r3?
    Monke said:

Terra is the chicken nugget mvp

Great write-up

M O N K E
    Yeah I saw your comment on my vid ;) . I think I know what champ I'm gonna do a write up on next. Using what I've learned here will be a great improvement possibility

edited February 2021
    RakeYoung said:

sooo your saying i should take my sig 20 6* Karnak to r3?

I would. But I'm not sane with my rankups
    Should you? Not really unless you're desperate for throne breaker
    Monke said:

Terra said:

Monke said:

Terra is the chicken nugget mvp

Great write-up

M O N K E
    Yeah I saw your comment on my vid ;) . I think I know what champ I'm gonna do a write up on next. Using what I've learned here will be a great improvement possibility

Wait you're gonna do a write-up on chicken nuggets? I'll stay tuned
    Yeah I will do that for my next one so stay tuned.
    I'm debating between doing Heimdall or Moon Knight for my next in-depth write-up
    Lvernon15 said:

I’m shocked you managed to write more than 2 lines about how to play Karnak, I didn’t think you could say more than that about him

Alot of champs have hidden value, it's just not many who wants to go digging for it.
    In hindsight, I think I have to do a rewrite of this one.