**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Close Encounters Node on Map 5 Emma Frost

It seems the AQ map 5 Emma Frost miniboss has been updated to include the "Close Encounters" node. This node is not at all balanced for the boss fight and is going to cause many alliance members to drain resources for a free AQ map.

With 3% degen per second while far away, you lose about 10% health every time Emma Frost launches a special (even dodging with dexterity). But due to her Diamond form, staying close to Emma is difficult as she won't be parried and will beat you up with block damage. Staying close also makes it more difficult to bait special attacks. With "Close Encounters" added there is no good way to approach this fight. You either lose health up close, or degen while far away as she power gains to L3.

It's difficult enough that Emma Frost has "Powerful From Afar", but still least without degen, you could attempt to bait specials. The new node is total nonsense and was obviously added in to get free players to drain resources.

Comments

• Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    Unstoppable heavy, degen while trying to bait specials. Not sure why it was added except to make it a new pain point as you say.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Just run Corvus and Cosmic CapIW. Terrax works too.
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    I'm using medusa against Emma, honestly, it's fine, a bit more challenging than using corvus or Cap but definitely not horribly difficult plus the attack increase on heavy really helps quite a bit
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    yeah its definitely more challenging, but just bring an armor breaker like for any other emma and you'll be fine
  • LiquidkoldLiquidkold Posts: 190 ★★
    Corvus just parry and heavy her. Game over.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    I Mostly use Dr Doom vs her and don’t have too many issues
  • Mystic_ManeMystic_Mane Posts: 46
    Except I don't have Corvus or Cap IW or Terrax, and you can't parry/heavy Emma while she's in diamond form. Map 5 is a free AQ map and MCOC has 200 characters. You're kind of making my point by telling me the free miniboss only has one or two counters.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Anyone with easy access to armor break works well. Hyperion is another mvp. I'd imagine CMM and Venom could do it without trouble as well.
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Corvus would like to have a word
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Except I don't have Corvus or Cap IW or Terrax, and you can't parry/heavy Emma while she's in diamond form. Map 5 is a free AQ map and MCOC has 200 characters. You're kind of making my point by telling me the free miniboss only has one or two counters.

Just because its a free map doesn't mean it should be easier so people can essentially get free rewards.

If you can't do it you have 27 other champs with 9 other people who can bring a counter. There is almost no chance that one of them doesn't have some armour break champ, and even then you don't NEED an armour break champ.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    avs7733 said:

Use a champ with armor break and then use a heavy attack. Try that next day and watch her melt. 500% increased heavy damage. My Corvus takes her down in 3 heavies from full health.

This.

Armour break champ. Parry stun her, you can stay close to her for a second to get a few valuable ticks of regen before you start a combo or heavy into her.

@Mystic_Mane no... we're not telling you that she has only one or two counters. Corvus, Thor, Medusa, Aarkus, CGR, CMM. Silver Surfer, Cap IW with cosmic synergy. There also some champs that do it on specials, so you only need to get to an SP1... e.g Hulkbuster.

I've done the fight with BWCV, the immunities give her power gain so I can either heal if I'm taking too much degen or I can power drain if I've been bad at baiting her specials.

Either way, AQ is a team event, if you don't have a matchup for the mini let someone else take her.
  • PapdichaatPapdichaat Posts: 86
    Cap iw with a cosmic in the team works fine
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,536 ★★★★★
    Silver Surfer didn’t even notice
  • 98320575739832057573 Posts: 155
    edited February 2021
    I like this new node ( 500% attack rate during heavy ) Corvus with 2 charges