**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

T5b vs T2A Issue

ScaroladipoScaroladipo Posts: 122
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
A lot of Youtuber's have to many t5b and too little t2a, but rarely do I have enough t5b. I think this issue was over dramatic because only like 100 players have the issue. But there is no excuse for there not to be t2a in the master aw rewards though. Since you need t2a to use t5b.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Just curious if you're thronebreaker? Only asking, because T5B shards seem to land a lot in the daily crystals and you still need more T2A in general for a 6* and 5*. It's literally twice the cost of T2A compared to T5B, but it's actually easier to get t5b shards for TB so it ends up in overflow.

5* T2A for r4=4
    5* T5B for r4 = NA

5* T2A for r5 =6
    5* T5B for r5 =2

6* T2A for r2 = 7
    6* T5B for r2 = 3

6* T2A for R3 = 8
    6* T5B for R3 = 4

You still need more T2A, generally speaking and TB are getting more T5B shards from dailies and in general awards and even pay deals than T2A.

Of course, we all have different bottle necks depending in who were ranking up, but a lot of the higher tier players are pretty much only ranking 6* at this point and getting less T2A than T5B. And since T2A has been in game for well over 3 years, that is frustrating for them.

AW rewards suck overall and T2A is behind the times. Only consistent place to get them is from glory store. Most of us have to swap between T5B and T2A as we spend glory to try and balance them as best we can.

I don't agree with it either, but that is pretty much the situation were in and these bottle necks are always there... Be it t1a, T2A,T5B, t5cc, gold or iso.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    The problem is in people still ranking up 5* champions beyond rank 3.

I have t5bc expiring and no t2a. Running map 7 and most content done 100%.
    I have to strictly rank up 6* with t2a. Otherwise my ratio of t5bc and t2a go out of whack.
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    This is definitely not a top 100 problem. I am currently in a semi retired alliance running map 4 and gold 3 aw and have T5B in the overflow and not enough T2A to even rank 4 a five star. I have had to rank up mediocre six stars over strong five stars because the proportion of T2A’s needed is easier to deal with. I’d imagine at the highest level of gameplay that this problem is only amplified
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★

Variant 6 rewards have 0 tier2 alphas. Seems like a conscious decision not to include them
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Just curious if you're thronebreaker? Only asking, because T5B shards seem to land a lot in the daily crystals and you still need more T2A in general for a 6* and 5*. It's literally twice the cost of T2A compared to T5B, but it's actually easier to get t5b shards for TB so it ends up in overflow.

If this was a question aimed at me, no, I’m not yet unfortunately.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    No matter where someone is at, they're always going to be short on some Resource. This is what paces the game out. No one will have everything all the time.

I mean 100 wasn't that accurate lol. I see now a lot of player have the issue I am only cav. I just think if you spend all your glory on t2a. T5b wouldn't be a issue.

That’s not true. Not enough t2a in there my friend.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

I mean 100 wasn't that accurate lol. I see now a lot of player have the issue I am only cav. I just think if you spend all your glory on t2a. T5b wouldn't be a issue.

Even if I did spend all my glory on T2a, that would just lead to you running out of T1a or something after a short while (unless you’re ranking up only 6*s)
    DNA3000 said:

No matter where someone is at, they're always going to be short on some Resource. This is what paces the game out. No one will have everything all the time.

That's true, but the point to shortages is to present a problem for the players to solve, or at least in the case of resources, mitigate. Whatever you're short of, there's generally a way to mitigate that shorage. You may still come up short, or you may create a new shortage somewhere else, but there's always some option the players can choose to take to address that shortage. Short gold? Grind arena. Short T1A? Spend glory. Short glory? Join alliance, or higher alliance, or create a solo alliance. Maybe the options are unpalatable, but they exist.

The T2A shortage is unique, in that there is almost no mitigating action players can take. Very, very strangely the devs have created T2A/T5B ratios that make it impossible to rank up 5* champs sustainably, because they deplete T2A much faster than T5B. And curiously, almost every possible way to earn T2A also earns T5B. In fact, there are ways to earn T5B without earning T2A in inexplicable ways (for example, 22 hr solo events).

There's only two significant sources of T2A that aren't unbalanced by T5B that I can think of. There are a ton of them as path rewards in content like Act 6, but those are finite and unrepeatable. In fact many players blew through that content and ended up with huge surpluses of T2A they had to spend to avoid expiration, then got stuck with more T5B than they could spend and no way to earn more T2A. And there's the glory store, which is a little better than it was, but I think still not available enough to make any reasonable glory expenditure powerful enough to overcome the T2A/T5B ratio imbalance.

Either the game makes T2A too restrictive, or it gives out too much T5B. The ratio itself is demonstrably off, and that's not something you can say about any other bottleneck resource. If you want T1A, you can get a lot of T1A with no strings attached. If you want gold, you can get gold with no strings attached - the other resources you gain grinding arena are infinitely bankable. T4B is similar, and T4CC has infinitely bankable T4CC crystals that most players learn to use as inventory management. T2A has none of these options. When you don't have them, they are very hard to get without expiring T5B, and when you do get them you have to spend them quickly because the inventory cap for them is not high compared to the amounts you need to do appropriate rank ups.
    I can see what you're presenting. I think it lies in the availability of T5B, for higher demographics. In my case, T2A has been made somewhat more available through Glory, but I'm usually waiting on T5B. I would agree with what you've said. If people are allowing T5B to expire, then it's either a matter of making them less ample with higher-end content, or increasing the T2A.
    Although I think it's somewhat of a balancing act because I seem to remember people complaining they had too many T2As to use after Act 6.
    Haji_Saab said:

Plat2/map7/6 alliance... never had this issue. I use all my glory on t2a and t5cc though... and I hardly rank up 5* so probably theres that ...

I’m not sure how meaningful t2a shortage is to someone that doesn’t rank up 5* beyond rank 3. I’m guilty of doing this recent, then realized the flow of t2a is less then the flow of t5bc. Meaning, recently I figured out I can’t do rank 4 and 5 on 5* without gems going forward. Regardless of their tier or my needs. T5bc will slowly begin to expire.

You’ll have shortages in different arenas that seem more manageable.

Although I think it's somewhat of a balancing act because I seem to remember people complaining they had too many T2As to use after Act 6.

@DNA3000 legitimately mentioned this in the post. I hope you read it all, it was well put.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    I think we are limiting ourselves what champions to rank up. I don’t think there’s an issue with those rank up materials when glory store are there to help you
  • AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    I'm pretty much always searching for t2a or t1a. I'm almost never going "wow, I really need t5b".
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    MikeHock said:

Variant 6 rewards have 0 tier2 alphas. Seems like a conscious decision not to include them

There hasn't been T2A in any of the variants so there goes that theory of yours.
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    Ive been in retirement map 5 allainces since mid September and have 3 t5b in overflow and only 7 t2a atm.

With a rank 2 6 gem also in overflow
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    I run a retirement alliance. We AQ map 2x2 all 5 days. No AW. I still get more T5B's than I can use and I only spend glory on T2A, occasionally a couple T1A's.
    Jaded said:

@DNA3000 legitimately mentioned this in the post. I hope you read it all, it was well put.
    I skimmed. I got most of his points. I must have skipped over that paragraph. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    Im still at the point ingame where T5B are slow to accumulate but I also remember lusting over T4CC and before that, struggling to to earn a T4B in its arena.

Lucky for me, I'm not really forced to rank anyone or chase my competition.