**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let’s debate

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
edited February 2021 in General Discussion
So the forum is full of controversial opinions and such, so I’d like to here some of yours and start some healthy (I.e no shaming and a thoughtful discussion) debate about certain opinions.

See an opinion you disagree with? Respond with a counter argument that isn’t “well you’re just a scrub and my opinion is obviously better” Hopefully we can all learn somethings about all these champs in h the game.

Here’s a few of my opinions to start:
Quake is better than Ghost
Killmonger is better than Elsa
Yellowjacket is underrated
Mister Fantastic is better than the majority of you give him credit for
G2099 isn’t a top 3 tech

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Quake is better than Ghost - Comes down to personal preference, Quake covers slightly more ground, Ghost does it more comfortably with more efficiency

Killmonger is better than Elsa - With synergies, maybe. On their own nah

Yellowjacket is underrated - Nope, he's bad.

Mister Fantastic is better than the majority of you give him credit for - Sure

G2099 isn’t a top 3 tech - Like the infinite horizon she eludes my grasp. No comment.

KM has better utility, and while he may be behind in damage he definitely is the better pull

Yellowjacket is good. The damage is good with an sp3 and special 1 spam, and the utility is packing.

Lol, hope you get her someday
    Better utility is subjective imo. They do different things, you can choose which ones better for certain content and champions. Off the top of my head the only three things they have in common is evade counter, above average crit rate, managing debuffs, easy access to intercepts. If there's more feel free to point it out.

Intercepting - KM's intercept is kind of reliant on blocking attacks which makes it useless against unblockable which is where its primarily needed. On the other hand he can access it more readily. Dealers choice.

Debuff shrugging - on his own KM gains increased power, with Void he has a chance to shrug them off. Elsa shrugs them off reliably and she has increased power gain on her base kit.

Evades - Pretty sure this months EQ has shown that Elsa is better for dealing with this aspect.

Crits - Elsa wins here as well, no debate.

I dont have a high sig YJ, I have a 6* at r2 but that's only for defence. I've seen videos but the damage still doesnt turn me on to the idea of using him. His utility is also super situational.
    KM also can practically tank infinite sp3s.
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★

Prof X > Apoc AS A SOLO CHAMPION

The man who can solo half of abyss

Professor X has the easiest access to miss and evade counter in the game, all his attacks except first hit of sp2 and first medium do not make contact bypassing things like thorns, electro, spiked armor etc, his attacks are energy based as well ignoring korgs rock shield. He is also the only champ in the game who ignores thorns and psychic thorns at the same time. His falter is very useful if you mess up, and can be used as a falter intercept removing things like DNGG and abyss Luke's unstoppable and unblockable, he makes all the mutants and xmen suicide friendly, he has a massive block proficiency and with guardian he has perfect parries

A hard agree.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★

Quake is better than Ghost - Comes down to personal preference, Quake covers slightly more ground, Ghost does it more comfortably with more efficiency

G2099 isn’t a top 3 tech - Like the infinite horizon she eludes my grasp. No comment.

KM has better utility, and while he may be behind in damage he definitely is the better pull

Yellowjacket is good. The damage is good with an sp3 and special 1 spam, and the utility is packing.

Better utility is subjective imo. They do different things, you can choose which ones better for certain content and champions. Off the top of my head the only three things they have in common is evade counter, above average crit rate, managing debuffs, easy access to intercepts. If there's more feel free to point it out.

Intercepting - KM's intercept is kind of reliant on blocking attacks which makes it useless against unblockable which is where its primarily needed. On the other hand he can access it more readily. Dealers choice.

Debuff shrugging - on his own KM gains increased power, with Void he has a chance to shrug them off. Elsa shrugs them off reliably and she has increased power gain on her base kit.

Evades - Pretty sure this months EQ has shown that Elsa is better for dealing with this aspect.

I dont have a high sig YJ, I have a 6* at r2 but that's only for defence. I've seen videos but the damage still doesnt turn me on to the idea of using him. His utility is also super situational.
    That's cool but if you're trying to tank sp3s it's most likely because you're going against high power gain champs where it's going to be necessary (Air Walker, Dragon Man, Hyperion, Power flood nodes in general). In these situations it's just not reliable. A Ghost/ taunt/power control/ champ just makes dealing with the fight a lot more comfortable and reliable.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    1. Namor and thing nerfs were unnecessary.
    With all these buffs and new top tier mutants, Namors nerf is kinda unnecessary. As for thing, there aren’t many new science champs, and the science class has some awful champions. Not saying they should be immediately brought back to their old versions, but it’s also something to consider.

2. People are SLEEPING on terrax after his buff. Haven’t seen many people talking about how great and fun he is so far. I feel like that’s probably because MM, YJ and Kingpin kinda overshadowed him on hype

Idk, just some thoughts
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

That's cool but if you're trying to tank sp3s it's most likely because you're going against high power gain champs where it's going to be necessary (Air Walker, Dragon Man, Hyperion, Power flood nodes in general). In these situations it's just not reliable. A Ghost/ taunt/power control/ champ just makes dealing with the fight a lot more comfortable and reliable.
    All or nothing, special bias 3, surging vegence etc also apply to this, ghost power control might be better, but the fact is Km works for it very reliably.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

They have 2 pieces of utility in common. Easy access to intercepts, and evade countering.

Killmonger's easy access to intercepts is just better without a doubt. He can do it on almost every blocked hit rather than once every 12 seconds which makes him an incredible option for anything stun immune or requiring intercepts like DNGN or Protect while Elsa stays an above average option. It may not work for unblockable attacks, but you're not using Elsa for unblockable champs either just because she can create an opening once every 12 seconds.

And which one has the better evade counter is matchup dependant imo. Though I'd say KM's is better if you have Winter Soldier.

So taking away what they have in common, let's look at what else they do. Killmonger ignores auto-block and resistances while also being super tanky, especially with the indestructible charges that also let him tank Sp3's.

Elsa shrugs non-damaging debuffs. And frankly, that's rarely important. It's great against Void, but in almost all other scenarios, it's better to just keep them for willpower healing.

KM's utility is far more valuable, especially since his abilities make him a top option for several fights including difficult evaders and auto-blockers in high tier war. Elsa's abilities don't make her the best at anything.
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    1. Apocalypse is an over rated synergy champ for mutants only(his play bores me)
    2. Red goblin is one of the most fun champs to play
    3. Content has gotten too easy lately
    4. Magic is still a top mystic champ
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Awakening IS important for Terrax. In the matchups you are probably gonna use him, it's gonna be probably cuz of his armor breaks and that rock field at the start helps get that instead of building up to a sp2 and then starting the cycle. It also helps get to his damage faster.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Grean said:

Claire over doom
    She-hulk is bgt
    Apoc is overrated on offence
    ghost has no armour up buffs, so she is automatically the worst tech champ
    mutant class has domino, making it the worst class
    Hype would be the hottest character if he didn't have so much jawline

With suicides, yes. Otherwise, no way.
    Agree.
    Not really. He has awesome utility and fabulous damage.
    Clearly a joke
    BWDO is hottest.
  • OldMan73OldMan73 Posts: 20
    Imo, g99 is the best tech champ. Yes even over ghost just because of the skill you need to play ghost. G99 is easy to learn and rips through champs.
    Monke said:

BuffBeast said:

With all these buffs and new top tier mutants, Namors nerf is kinda unnecessary. As for thing, there aren’t many new science champs, and the science class has some awful champions. Not saying they should be immediately brought back to their old versions, but it’s also something to consider.

2. People are SLEEPING on terrax after his buff. Haven’t seen many people talking about how great and fun he is so far. I feel like that’s probably because MM, YJ and Kingpin kinda overshadowed him on hype

Idk, just some thoughts

People ain't sleeping on him. I think his utility is underrated, but people are sleeping on YJ. A true god with a lot of very solid utilities mixed into a champ. Only doesn't have flashy numbers
    I feel like the fact that half of the players call him bad and the other half call him good keep a bit of hype around him though, y’know?

1. Apocalypse is an over rated synergy champ for mutants only(his play bores me)

1. No, you're just plain wrong.
    2. Yes, he's super fun.
    3. It's easy but it's also ridiculously fun, I enjoy a challenge but I'm choosing Act 7 and recent Variants over the Act 6 BS fiesta 99 times outta 100.
    4. I don't think anyone's going to argue with that.
    Etjama said:

1. No, you're just plain wrong.
    2. Yes, he's super fun.
    3. It's easy but it's also ridiculously fun, I enjoy a challenge but I'm choosing Act 7 and recent Variants over the Act 6 BS fiesta 99 times outta 100.
    4. I don't think anyone's going to argue with that.
    Beat me to it, but yes ^^^

No way, he is a really good attacker and possibly the best synergy champ.
    Agree.
    Somewhat agree, the content has been fun but easy. Youll see a change with 7.2 as it is now.
    Agree.
    OldMan73 said:

Imo, g99 is the best tech champ. Yes even over ghost just because of the skill you need to play ghost. G99 is easy to learn and rips through champs.

OldMan73 said:

No way. Ghost is insane. No doubt.
    Monke said:

BuffBeast said:

Monke said:

BuffBeast said:

Idk, just some thoughts

People ain't sleeping on him. I think his utility is underrated, but people are sleeping on YJ. A true god with a lot of very solid utilities mixed into a champ. Only doesn't have flashy numbers
    I feel like the fact that half of the players call him bad and the other half call him good keep a bit of hype around him though, y’know?
    yeah. Warlock sometimes gets around that area

I swear some people (a certain type) get caught up in their minds and forget that his damage is insane w/ suicides

He has INSANE heavy damage without them too. Don’t run any suicides, and I’ve gotten 11-12k+ heavies with him
    OldMan73 said:

Nope, how hard a champ is to use doesn't matter at all. Ghost is 10 times the champ G99 is. And Warlock is also better. Taking away Quake and Ghost, he may very well have more utility than anyone else in this game.
    Monke said:

BuffBeast said:

Monke said:

BuffBeast said:

Monke said:

BuffBeast said:

Idk, just some thoughts

yeah. Warlock sometimes gets around that area

I swear some people (a certain type) get caught up in their minds and forget that his damage is insane w/ suicides

He has INSANE heavy damage without them too. Don’t run any suicides, and I’ve gotten 11-12k+ heavies with him
    eh. that's alright. ofc there are better champs without suicides. IMO he's the 4th best tech without em, but second with them
    His damage is still more than enough without suicides and he still has more utility than almost any other champ in the game. He's 2nd best Tech either way.
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★

Agree.
    Somewhat agree, the content has been fun but easy. Youll see a change with 7.2 as it is now.
    Agree.
    I feel he himself is over rated and he’s basically a new heimdal is there as a synergy. I just despise playing as him for some reason
    Here’s another one:
    Hood *could* be a top mystic if he had better damage

Agree.
    Agree.
    I feel he himself is over rated and he’s basically a new heimdal is there as a synergy. I just despise playing as him for some reason
    Hating to play a champ is fine, but it doesn't mean you ignore their worth. I despise playing Corvus and G99 but they're still incredible, and so is Poco.

Agree.
    Agree.
    He is really fun to play in my opinion and he makes Cable, Storm, Wolvie, and Gambit at the top of the mutant class. That should say something.(Storm less so, but still awesome.)
This discussion has been closed.