**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Introducing your first Experience with 6-Star Champions: The Boss Rush Challenge! [UPDATED Oct 17]

Comments

• ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    How are we supposed to form an opinion about 6*’s when you’re no different than any other * champ in the game. You can give them as many stars as you want, it doesn’t change the way they gain power or use specials, block, hit..compared to 2*’s and up.

In act 4 they had a 1* spider man jacked up to like 10k (don’t remember the exact rating). It’s raring that changes and only makes fights last longer.

My thoughts - no different than fighting act 4 bosses or act 5.1-2-3 champs
  • Really not sure what kind of feedback Kabam expect from that. What did we learn about 6* champs? It played out like 5* champs on souped up nodes?, which was pointed out as soon as this was announced.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    It wash. Esay. And we cant giv feedback when ther put node one Them. We need Them witout node and with all abilyt
  • I had concerns about challenger rating going into this, but using my R3 5*s even though I could perceive a noticeable difference in health and attack playing smartly and skillfully more then made up for it. Even against Mephisto, whom I used a R4 4* Iceman against, it was certainly more difficult but not horrible.

All in all, I like what I've seen so far, but I will say that if we're going to be seeing 6*s in High level content very serious consideration needs to be given to any kind of have/have-not situations. I'm sure that this boss Rush is an order of magnitude more difficult for people who don't have an Iceman.
  • oops, agains 1-Star R1 will be 27.82% chance
    Crushtest wrote: »
    so many discussion... CR is not hte main reason you lose agains strong enemies :-)
    just look at this:
    precision_en.jpg

http://mbch.guide/en/mastery/ataka-tochnost/

and as for comparsion:
    4-Star R5 Black Bolt will have
    20.98% Critical rate against 1-Star R1
    23.00% Critical rate against 4-Star R5
    22.15% Critical rate against 5-Star R5
    20.98% Critical rate against 6-Star R5
    way a big difference to create such a mess in this discussion :-)

• Feedback: I hit some guys and they hit me. Everything was roughly the same except 4*s took more damage. As @Morgan said, choice of champs and node buffs requiring bleed immune/iceman makes it tough to really gauge anything. Felt pretty much like any other buggy 5* roided up champ fight. Does appear that parry was more difficult to achieve. Not sure if it is from the new champ's mechanics messing up timing or what though.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    And parry is so much OFF when u figth. 5 Stars and 6 Stars. Not even funny But im take the free rewards
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    As expected: almost all the fights are super easy, except for Mephisto.
    I really am at a loss for words to describe the fight against him, it’s beyond stupid: his regen is insane high, his unavoidable damage/incinerate triggers way too often and causes masses amount of damage.

But I forget, this challenge was a introduction to 6*’s, so what have I learnt from this challenge with regards to 6*’s? Well, the casing/lining around their avatar has a different colour and that’s basically it!

What more have I learnt from this challenge: Mephisto is a stupid designed champ, no skill needed to beat him (just units), he’s probably going to be a finall boss of a part in chapter 4 of act 5, with crazy insane nodes which will trigger his regen every time his health drops 10% or something like that. Thanks in advance for that Kabam (hint: that’s sarcasm).
  • MilkthewhalesMilkthewhales Posts: 81
    How can we give any reasonable feedback on 6* champs when the ones we will be facing are all buffed up from whatever node?

Good question! These are the kinds of nodes you guys are used to seeing on 5-Star Champions that we already feature in more difficult content. So, while not a direct comparison against a Vanilla 5-Star Champion, this kind of content is already very common in game, and is quite comparable.

So what's the point in 6*? Why not just double the node buffs on 5*? Honestly what a joke 6* are there just champions with attack/health rating you can pin whatever stars you like to them the nodes are what set the difficulty just look at LOL all 5*. What a total waste of time
  • BADSHABADSHA Posts: 1
    Here is an suggestion u add adrenaline to both fighters making it more interesting. If we win give us a crystal that has 80 percent chance to get a 1-4 star, 19 percent to get a five star and 1 percent to get a six star ( in crystal form. Cant be used until u allow others to start getting six stars
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    It was fun while it lasted ...
    It would be cool to see one of these per month, with the same rewards
  • FeopaaFeopaa Posts: 4
    too easy
  • Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130
    In my opinion, the opponents and type of nodes were the wrong choice for the test. You need a bleed immune for two of the fights which limits the champs to be used. Plus XB with increased crit damage makes no sense to me, you should've used Spider-Man for that node.
  • kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
    I have to be honest. This wasn't overly difficult. The worst part was Mephisto's incinerate/regeneration.

In terms of a "challenge" I think it was severely lacking (I plan on toying around with 4/40 4*s and seeing how far I can get), and did not adequately display the power of 6* champions - especially with the Adrenaline mechanic disabled.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I like the title, I'm going to use it for a while until something cooler comes along.

It wasn't hard, and I feel bad for the guys that laughed at the 10 minute guess back when this thread started. It took me about 12 mins, and I died twice on Mephisto. Perfect fights and you can be done in less than 10 mins.

I "guess" the rewards are worth the effort this time.
  • MilesbestMilesbest Posts: 41
    Thank you all for the feedback on the rewards! This is our first time running something like this, and we're definitely out for Feedback! The big point of the Boss Rush is give you guys a taste of 6-Stars, and to see how you guys feel about the way your current Champions interact with them.

We're really looking forward to all of your feedback after you've had a chance to play through the content.

Why do I not have the quest
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Milesbest wrote: »
    Thank you all for the feedback on the rewards! This is our first time running something like this, and we're definitely out for Feedback! The big point of the Boss Rush is give you guys a taste of 6-Stars, and to see how you guys feel about the way your current Champions interact with them.

We're really looking forward to all of your feedback after you've had a chance to play through the content.

Why do I not have the quest

Are you Lvl 40 or higher?
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    Look. I made it through the challenge fairly easily. But I had the luxury of using a 5/50 Iceman for memphisto. This is such a BS fight if you don’t own one champ. What happened to 12.0 “we want all champions viable for all content.” Then you make a champion that literally only has one counter. This is ridiculously unfair to anyone without an Iceman.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    In my opinion, the opponents and type of nodes were the wrong choice for the test. You need a bleed immune for two of the fights which limits the champs to be used. Plus XB with increased crit damage makes no sense to me, you should've used Spider-Man for that node.
    CB with extra crit damage makes perfect sense if you read his abilities, more crit damage means higher fury potency.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Purveyor wrote: »
    Look. I made it through the challenge fairly easily. But I had the luxury of using a 5/50 Iceman for memphisto. This is such a BS fight if you don’t own one champ. What happened to 12.0 “we want all champions viable for all content.” Then you make a champion that literally only has one counter. This is ridiculously unfair to anyone without an Iceman.

you can beat mephisto w/o ice man as many others have already done.
  • nuggznuggz Posts: 124
    I thought it was great. It was easy enough to run through in less then 15 minutes and no items required to beat it. The rewards were comparable to the difficulty. Nice job. I didn't notice any problems either. So nice job
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I added the health and attack boosts of the 1/25 xbones in this quest, (200% & 150%) to my 4/55 5* Juggs and the numbers are fairly consistent. So a leveled up R1 6* is comparable in strength to a 4/55 5*, the strongest champs available in game right now requiring the.rarest resources. I think that's a little bit extreme, especially compared to a 3/45 5*. I guess challenger rating does mesh with champ strength after all.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    Still no response, how much you guys wanna bet Miike will answer a question that is self explanatory(like a person asking why they can't do the challenge, when they're under lvl 40.) Instead of answering the important CR one.
  • ForumGuy wrote: »
    Still no response, how much you guys wanna bet Miike will answer a question that is self explanatory(like a person asking why they can't do the challenge, when they're under lvl 40.) Instead of answering the important CR one.

There is no more to say about Challenge Rating. We've commented on it already, and have nothing else to add.
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    Since i have no 5* that are even r4, i went as far as GG and lost with my maxed 4* of course it was expected and since the rewards suck i aint even bothered and honestly i have 30k of 4* shards so missing out on a physical 4* wouldnt matter to me as i am desperate in needs of 5* dupes.
    Purveyor wrote: »

I have iceman and no r4 5* and made it twice to GG where i died so i decided not to continue as i wont bother
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Look we all know they got caught in a lie and cant seem to get out of it since it clearly shows they dont even know how to run DR and CR correctly, they can spin it however they want but we know the truth and they know we know in the end its pointless they clearly lost their way on this game and dont care as long a paycheck is given out.

Read my post before i get banned for good i am already at Warning Lvl 4 lol

Lol, agreed. We all know, they know, we can't do anything. We gotta live with it like usual, shout out to 12.0 wooooo
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    Look at me! I have been caged! Yay!