**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Hunt for Champs...

Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
Does it ever stop? Is there a point where one becomes “content” with their top champs, and opening crystals becomes a past time?

Here I am, I just got a 6 star ghost...was able to rank 2 her, yet I’m hustling to clear the side quests to see if I can “get some good champs” from the heart shards. And I REFUSE to say how many featured five star crystals I’ve opened searching for Cosmic Ghost Rider (to no avail).

Someone tell me...does it ever stop?

Comments

• GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Denzel116 said:

Does it ever stop? Is there a point where one becomes “content” with their top champs, and opening crystals becomes a past time?

Here I am, I just got a 6 star ghost...was able to rank 2 her, yet I’m hustling to clear the side quests to see if I can “get some good champs” from the heart shards. And I REFUSE to say how many featured five star crystals I’ve opened searching for Cosmic Ghost Rider (to no avail).

Someone tell me...does it ever stop?

For me it has. I mean, I still don't have the willpower to stop myself from immediately opening 5* crystals for ghost, but right now I feel like I can complete most content with the champs I got
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Short answer: no
    Long answer: it really depends where you are.( but not really) Lots of YTers tend to have almost every champ yet they still go for cavs and stuff to get something they want. Personally, I’ve got a decent roster. Currently in 6.3, but here I am, still looking for champs like NF, CAIW, OR, Hype etc. Even though I already have HT, Doom, CMM, CG, BWDO, etc, I still find myself looking for other champs

Will it ever stop? Yo, I don’t know.
    Ice ice baby
  • EdwxnEdwxn Posts: 211 ★★

That's part of the fun of this game. If you can get all the champs you want by buying them, you'll get bored quickly. The RNG factor adds excitement and that feeling of hunt.

Exactly why having a F2P account is really fun.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    To be honest, i dont really need anyone right now. I really want Tigra, but if that happens ill be genuinely content tbh.(Sure, there are others i want, but ill be content.)
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

That's part of the fun of this game. If you can get all the champs you want by buying them, you'll get bored quickly. The RNG factor adds excitement and that feeling of HURT.

Yep. I agree. It hurts a lot.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    They'd have to completely stop introducing good/great new champs for the hunt to stop. And that would suck...

As things stand, there will always be someone new to come out who is better than who you have, or even just a "shiny new toy" that we'll want to acquire.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Once I got my 5* Quake, that was end of my hunt. There are and were other champs champs I want, but I’m not going full on for them like Quake

Closest was probably Nick fury for abyss, but I pulled him a month after exploring it without him. I guess it’s now 6* Claire. But never to the same extent as quake
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    I’m quite satisfied with my account, just hunting for a Doom or a fun champ (you know who I’m talking about) and then my roster will be perfect.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I chase more resources then champs themselves tbh.

Stopped chasing champions awhile ago, but sure do love popping them crystals. Anyone have a feature cav they can spare???