**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Show Mephisto some love, please

doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,716 ★★★
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Do you think Kabam should be fair to Mephisto and his passive ability to prevent buffs from activating on the enemy at the start of the fight and with SP1?

Show Mephisto some love, please 15 votes

Yes
60%
Spity68jdrum663ThatGuyYouSaw235RockyshockyChikelJragonMaster170odishika123OneGoodBoyAGENT_A7K 9 votes
No
40%
BrokenDenzel116TheDaywalkerEwell65SSS69GreanWooptyfrickendoo 6 votes
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Just give him a damage tune up and he'll be awesome
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Just give him a damage tune up and he'll be awesome

Same with Dormammu. Both of them get more damage and they’re set
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Speaking of Mephisto I solod 6.2.2 sinister pre nerf with him, he has great utility and champion synergy / symbiote supreme synergies make him fun on offence.

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    He honestly has some really solid utility and some great immunities. I'd love for him to get a number change.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Yes
    Make his SP3 power drain activate more than once and make the buffs prevented by soul imprisonment count as nullifies for Mephisto's abilities (MD go brrrrrrrr)
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    I think his ability should be changed to actually work better: why does this buff prevention ability not actually prevent buffs? It doesn't, it just reduces the chances that buffs will proc.

Champs like Mysterio, Old Man Logan and do on laugh at this ability. Venom and Doctor Voodoo bypass it at the start of a fight. It's useless if the opponent has Force of Will. It doesn't get rid of any bugs that are in action when it lands. It dramatically reduces the benefits he could gain from Mystic Dispersion.

Why not change it whilst keeping it the same - the Mystic Ultron Drone has the ability that Soul Imprisonment ought to put into effect: Null Field (Mystic: Ultron Drone generates a field that prevents any beneficial effects from being applied to either the Drone or its opponent.)

Apart from this, I think it's worth pointing out that playing with Mephisto is somewhat unsatisfying. The problem is that his SP1 and SP3 both cause effects you might not want to use some of the time: you can't throw Special-1 at all, without compromising your ability to regenerate/control buffs. You also don't want to throw your Special-3 without the opponent being at two bars of power; so you can spend a lot of time in fights, holding on to Power you can't use.

A couple of other tweaks would help make playing with him a bit better:
    • Special-1: If thrown after a light combo-ender, Mephisto does not utilise his Soul Capture ability. The final blow instead pauses the duration of any damaging debuffs on the opponent for six seconds./li>
    • Special-3: This attack grants no power to the opponent. On initial activation, this drains up to two bars of the opponent's Max power. If the full two bars are drained, he activates Aura of Incineration permanently. On the second and subsequent activations, Mephisto Drains 22% of the opponent's maximum power, and inflicts a Passive burst of Incinerate energy causing XXX damage.
    This would allow you to use SP1s when desired just to inflict damage, without using up your Soul count; and cause a bit of extra damage to his Incinerates, (or any suicides or node-related DoTs in effect). It would add a little bit of flavour to his SP3 without recreating the huge pay-off you get if you can drain the full two bars of Power on the first activation.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,716 ★★★

I think his ability should be changed to actually work better: why does this buff prevention ability not actually prevent buffs? It doesn't, it just reduces the chances that buffs will proc.

Thank you!!
    This was what I was getting at.
    Why doesn't kabam fix it so his passive ability and SP1 actually do what its supposed to, which is prevent buffs from activating. I leveled my 5* up because I thought it would only to find out it doesnt.
    Would this be considered a glitch???