**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

I really really hate 6.2 Champion

Comments

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I think practice is better than power through. I rerun the lanes few times instead of using any revives, so as to make sure I’m focus enough to one shot the champion with r4 SS.

As some players mentioned, CAIW and Sor Supreme are both good for that fight too.
  • NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★
    Monke said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

I understand it’s been nerfed and everything, but man do I hate this fight. Went in with 764 units, max boosts, arguably the best 2 counters for this fight, and still couldn’t beat it.

Even practiced dexing his special in duels, and it worked great there. Didn’t work here. Missed parries, deaths, etc. just really sucks.

question, which phase were you stuck on because that will help us figure out how to help you a tad better
    the last 10%
    Bro. I used Dragon Man he's the best option for that phase
    I shall try it. This was my first try getting to 10% so I had no prior experience
    Trust me. HES THE BEST AND ITS NOT RELATIVELY CLOSE. Sorcerer, Doom, Claire, Shulk, No one does it better than Dragon Man ;)
    Sorc Supreme can literally block all the hits.
    Dragon Man Can take all damage, and if you get hit while Dexing it's no worry. Dragon Man OP
    It's pretty close between the 2 in the last phase since sorcerer would have her regen through block up for a longer time than dragon man would have his unstoppable but dragon man allows more space for mistakes, if I were to choose I'd definitely take sorcerer for it tho since she manages more phases than him
    Well, both also gain massive Mystic Dispersion boosts, so the sp3 chaining is super easy, so that's why I say Dragon Man's the best
    Didn't put mystic dispersion into consideration in this since I forgot it counts buffs timers as well, dragon man would be better overall then but as I said I'd rather have a full fight Option, not hating on dragon man tho
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    @SpideyFunko - I use a different technique than many of the videos you see online. They are amazing, and move in then out after that first little flurry of hit Champion throws. Good for them, they don't get touched, but I just can pull that off.

I use a totally different approach - block those first hits of his SP1, then dex back right before the headbutt. The trick is being patient, there's a little pause he does before the headbutt, so you have to chill for for a second before you dex. You should remove a charge about 3 out of 4 times doing it this way.

You should be able to take the block damage easily with your sorcerer supreme, as long as she's above about 75% health. You can probably take the block damage from 7+ tries this way, so there's room for error.

Good luck!
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    Good luck @SpideyFunko
  • KevanproGKevanproG Posts: 308 ★★
    Before the nerf my plan was just the get the champion to 10% health in one try then I would commit to the run if not I restart the quest I say it took me 13 quest retry but as a f2p player I saved so many revives and I already had a lot of energy so it was fine
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    @SpideyFunko I would not say you should quit after wasting too much units.I don't care anybody says what but as this is your first attempt the only champ made for the last 10 percent is Sorcerer supreme(some great options are there but they aren't in your team).
    First max out your sorcerer (25/25)and what you have to do is to not panic.just do normal combo and when her shield blessing active fire sp1 that will trigger regen and keep chaining sp1 and if sometimes regen expires again use sp1 in her shield blessing(I would suggest put 3 points in mystic dispersion that will constantly help you to remain at one bar of power).Champion has only 3 charges so you hardly have to even see there.Block his every hit and dex his last one.No need to do any fancy things.she will regen all the damage done.
    Trust me I did that fight with my rank3 sorcerer and in comparison to her your healthpool is massive.Also one time I removed his 2 charges and in attempt to remove the third one I died while blocking but yeah I regretted that why I didn't went after healing her full.But in next attempt fight went lot smoother and I defeated the champion.Also you don't have to care about his unstoppable as sorcerer sp1 will keep nullifying his buffs.
    Good Luck!
  • The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
    Do you have She-Hulk? She destroys him, when I was exploring I got it down to either solos or 1-2 revives with her. You just have to watch the heavies when he gets to the stun-on-contact phase.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★

Just bring a Cap IW or other high block proficiency champ for the last 10%, go into the fight with near to full health, and DON'T dex the specials, JUST dex the last hit. Slap on a health boost if you want but your health shouldn't melt, it'll only be a little bit of health loss. That's what I did and it worked out very easily for me.

I don’t have a CAIW. Or a She-Hulk
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Just bring a Cap IW or other high block proficiency champ for the last 10%, go into the fight with near to full health, and DON'T dex the specials, JUST dex the last hit. Slap on a health boost if you want but your health shouldn't melt, it'll only be a little bit of health loss. That's what I did and it worked out very easily for me.

As @Xguard77 said, you can use Sorcerer as long as you have the regen passive up, cuz you'll heal up most of the block damage. There's really no need to dex it after the nerf cuz 1. the block penetration was reduced massively and 2. the dex requirement went from 5 to 3.

My recommendation would be to do the first 90% with Sym Supreme, and then finish off the 10% with Sorcerer. For reference, I did the first 90% with Sym and the last 10% with Cap IW by just blocking his specials and dexing the last hit.
  • Just bring a Cap IW or other high block proficiency champ for the last 10%, go into the fight with near to full health, and DON'T dex the specials, JUST dex the last hit. Slap on a health boost if you want but your health shouldn't melt, it'll only be a little bit of health loss. That's what I did and it worked out very easily for me.

As @Xguard77 said, you can use Sorcerer as long as you have the regen passive up, cuz you'll heal up most of the block damage. There's really no need to dex it after the nerf cuz 1. the block penetration was reduced massively and 2. the dex requirement went from 5 to 3.

My recommendation would be to do the first 90% with Sym Supreme, and then finish off the 10% with Sorcerer. For reference, I did the first 90% with Sym and the last 10% with Cap IW by just blocking his specials and dexing the last hit.
    I did the first 90% with voodoo then last 10 with capIW sig1. Both were 4 55s. Pre nerf Champion. I still get goosebumps just thinking of that fight. I absolutely advise against voodoo for the champion fight.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    F
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

I understand it’s been nerfed and everything, but man do I hate this fight. Went in with 764 units, max boosts, arguably the best 2 counters for this fight, and still couldn’t beat it.

Even practiced dexing his special in duels, and it worked great there. Didn’t work here. Missed parries, deaths, etc. just really sucks.

Tough luck, who were u using though?
    Sym and Sorcerer Supreme
    The best counters are Sorcerer supreme and The Hood.
    Loki 😎
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Keep trying. You will come out on top of this.

HI_guys said:

Sym and Sorcerer Supreme
    Loki 😎
    Doom😉
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Sym and Sorcerer Supreme
    Please tell me you’re joking
    Monke said:

HI_guys said:

Sym and Sorcerer Supreme
    Loki 😎
    Doom😉
    We don't use trash like DOOM
    Only Loki
    No we will use monke
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Monke said:

HI_guys said:

Sym and Sorcerer Supreme
    Loki 😎
    Doom😉
    We don't use trash like DOOM
    Only Loki
    smart
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    @SpideyFunko I used Quake for the champion since I forgot I had Sym Supreme and I had no other option. She is a safe option but you won't get a solo. I just went in, took out 15% health each try and quit the fight before the regeneration caught up. Not the best option but it worked for me since I knew I would be wasting a ton of revives on it and just couldn't deal with the unstoppable or regen well Took about 7 revives for the first 90% and then 2 revives on the last 10% for which, I used Cap . Good luck!
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    The amount of people here that think Sym is still a better option than Sorcerer is frightening
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Sorc could also do it at r3 I believe. On my first attempt at the fight, my 5* r3 sorc took off 60%. And I just missed a parry and died in one hit.

Spidey, eventually you’ll get it done. Maybe by the time I get TB.

To be fair... the first 60% isn't the problem.
    edited February 2021
    Corkscrew said:

Crcrcrc said:

Sorc could also do it at r3 I believe. On my first attempt at the fight, my 5* r3 sorc took off 60%. And I just missed a parry and died in one hit.

Spidey, eventually you’ll get it done. Maybe by the time I get TB.

To be fair... the first 60% isn't the problem.
    Lol. Why you bully him?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

The amount of people here that think Sym is still a better option than Sorcerer is frightening

It could come down to ease of use. I have used BWCV, Sorcerer supereme and the hood to fight the Champion. And the best is hood. Albeit not the quickest or highest dph
    Sorcerer is super easy to use in this fight. It's basically just spam specials once you get going. She may not be the fastest but she's easily the safest and the easiest imo